Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Valentine Cats

Hello!  Today is Valentine's day and I hope you're all feeling cherished, whether it be by a significant other or any friend or family member, including the furry kind.  Most of my Valentines go to friends because, you know, friends are the family you choose yourself.

Gosh, I hope I'm not sending these cats to the same people again, but I just love this little Gerda Steiner cutie pie with the XOXO.  I did one in pink and one in red.  The fun thing I'd like to tell you about these cats is that I colored them with ink and small blending brushes from Amazon.  Some are angled, some flat, sized small to tiny.  Not as dense as more expensive brushes, but they work nicely.  I was mainly planning to use them for stenciling but this was fun, too.  I like how they gave the image a shaded look without any extra effort from me.



One in pink, one in red.  I covered the card bases with some random loose designer paper sheets from The Vast Hoard.  Supplies are listed below so I won't go on too much about details.




My goal today is to eat chocolate and do no chores (in my dreams).  How about you?  Happy Valentine's Day!




Stamps:  Gerda Steiner All Cats  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White, SU Real Red, designer paper from stash  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Real Red, Pretty in Pink, other for coloring  Coloring:  Inks applied to cats with small stencil brushes -- Memento London Fog on pink card, SU Apricot Appeal and Pumpkin Pie on red card  Other:  Die-namics Wonky Stitched Squares, Poppystamps Clothesline Hearts, Memory Box Fairy Jewels, Wink of Stella


21 comments:

Bonnie said...

These kitties make me smile and even giggle a bit, Leslie! You have colored them beautifully with your new brushes! The kitties are a perfect way to wish send some love and the clothesline hearts are pretty special too! Happy Valentine's Day, my friend.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Oh my! These little cats are so cute! I love the clothes lines you have hanging in the background with all the sweet hearts swinging in the breeze! I love making Valentine goodies. So much fun!

Yogi said...

cute. Have a Happy Valentine's day

Donna Ellis said...

These are adorable, Leslie, and must have brought smiles during your creative process! Those pink cheeks on your little girl kitty are beyond darling with the pink ears and sweet "love line" in the background! Your little boy kitty looks entirely too mischievous sitting on the shelf and sending all his sincere, loving thoughts. Beautifully designed! But then, I've never seen a card on your blog that was not always heartwarming and lovely. Happy Valentine's Day! hugs ,de

HilaryJane said...

It is interesting how different these look in the different colours. Both are great. I love the softness of the first one and the boldness of the second. I am very happy to report that I have some chocolate to eat today. We also went out to lunch so that means too much eating, but never mind xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my goodness!! These little kitties are so adorable, sweet and the best messengers for wishing XOXO to family and friends.
Happy Valentine's Day, Leslie ❤️
Lots of love to you and Rich!!
Maria.

Lisa Elton said...

Your brushes worked perfectly on those chubby little felines! These are both adorable, Leslie!

I Card Everyone said...

Two kitties are ALWAYS better than one, Leslie - ask me how I know! Just love the look of your blended coloring. Your 'loads of love' hanging from the line is just darling! But WOWZERS that pink rose paper is out of this world!
Happy Valentines Day, my friend!
=]

Glenda said...

These little cats are just adorable and perfect for Valentine's Day! I love all the sweet pink so I guess the first card is my favorite. Well done you!

Barbara said...

So adorable, I would not mind getting them again for the second year!

Margaret said...

Your kitties are so adorable. I like the technique you used to color them. The cards are relatively simple, but so pretty. I'm sure they will be make two friends very happy.

laurie said...

These are adorable!!

Marcia Hill said...

These little kitties are just too cute Leslie and totally made me smile! I love both the pink and the red version too!! Your new brushes worked beautifully too! Sweet, sweet cards my friend, and hope you got to eat chocolate all day long yesterday! Hugs. :0)

Pam Sparks said...

The brushes remind me of our brass stencil days when we'd use stencil brushes to color! I bet these are softer though? Darling cards and sure to bring smiles! I finished January birthday cards late and didn't get any Valentines made! Shopping for wedding clothes/shoes etc has really slowed down my cardmaking time! lol

Cat Craig said...

Ohhh I love them both...you know..cats.

Pauline said...

Okay, I thought your doggie valentine cards were so adorable, but must say these kitties are just as adorable! Love, love! Your colouring is fabulous, love the clothes line with the hanging hearts, just so sweet! Well done Leslie!. Hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day! xo

Loll said...

I have two sets of the brushes from AliExpress (one flat and one angled). They are awesome for getting into small places. I have used them mostly for stenciling, but now I will try with colouring of images. :) Thanks for the tip! Your cats are so adorable and I love both the cards in different colours. These are sure to bring a smile to whomever receives them! Eat chocolate and no chores ... sounds like the perfect way to spend V-Day! xx

Darlene said...

Awe ... so, so sweet! Love them both! Your coloring is always spot on!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness they are just the cutest ever, I love the look of using the brushes to color them, gives it a great look! I like how you have the second one sitting on the border!!

Christine Alexander said...

OMG what a cutie, love both colours :)

Lynette said...

These are just SO adorable, Leslie!