Friday, February 2, 2024

Barnyard Romance

Hi there!  I'm getting ready for the next holiday on the list with a Valentine for my one and only.  In fact, I hope to concentrate more on all the holidays and birthdays this year until I've got everything covered.  This card came about when I was going through my drawer of friend shares.  Dang, I'd forgotten all about this lovable pair of piggies.  They came all the way from Alabama.



I found the stitched heart and the larger heart negative panel in my card parts drawer and thought they'd make a good background.  I embossed the stitched heart with flowers and dots, added a banner.  I wanted to keep it simple, but the couple really needed a fence and some grass in their barnyard.  I'll settle for simple-ish.  All that cuteness is on a card base of the retired sand-able cardstock from Stampin' Up that I need to stop hoarding.

I think Rich will get a laugh from this card.  Who doesn't need a laugh?  He'd probably fall over if I ever gave him a serious card.

Enjoy your day and we'll get together again soon!


Stamps:  Pigs of unknown source, Lawn Fawn Wavy Sayings  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White, SU Green Galore, SU sand-able cardstock for card base, other pink  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black  Coloring:  Copics  Other:  MFT Die-namics Woodgrain Fence and Fresh Cut Grass, Lawn Cuts Fancy Wavy Banners, Tutti Stitched Nesting Hearts, Sizzix Flowers embossing folder

21 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE the design here, it's just beautiful. Great make and that stamp is lovely xx

Birgit said...

These little piggies made me squeal with joy! So adorable Leslie.

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute Valentine card and the two hearts -fabulous piggies couple really cute.
Carol x

Yogi said...

cute card for hubby. Have a great day

Lynette said...

It's a wonderful card, Leslie, and I'm sure that Rich will love it! Jim doesn't even GET a card from me! Your fence and grass are just what they needed. Well, not like they NEEDED anythings, as they are so cute on their own.

Marcia Hill said...

Your little piggies definitely made me laugh Leslie and they just couldn't be any cuter! Sweet, sweet card and I'm sure hubby will love it!! Hugs. :0)

HilaryJane said...

this is so cute. you just have to smile at those little pigs. Perfect for a happy valentines card xx

I Card Everyone said...

You might even get a laugh and a snort out of this one, Leslie! Those little piggies are just adorable! Such a wonderful use of spare parts - they sure look like they are meant to be together! Hey, just like you and Rich! x
=]

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

I love this adorable card and I'm sure Rich will as well! Your piggies are so cute all dressed up inn their Easter clothes. Nice to be able to use spare parts. I am trying to make some more Valentine cards as well. Have a great weekend!

Lisa Elton said...

Well aren't they just the cutest little couple and they clean up real nice too! This is sure to be a hit, Leslie. Great use of those shares!

Margaret said...

The card is so adorable. I love those cute little piggie images. Your creativity really shows here with all the different elements you used.

Glenda said...

What's not to love about these little piggies! So stinking cute and Rich is going to love this card! Well done you!

Cindy Beach said...

I'm sure smiling at seeing this darling couple! The piggies are so cute but I love their fabulous hats the best! The hearts and banner fit right in with the country style and the fence completes the scene! I love how you combine elements with flair and just the right balance. Good for you too, Leslie, for focusing your creating for upcoming celebrations.

Pauline said...

Oh how adorable! Those little piggies are just the sweetest, and definitely made me smile! Rich will love this Leslie! Amazing card as always!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness they are just too cute together, Love that they like to decorate their hats, terrific coloring and I the fence and grass were a great idea to use with them. Like the embossing on the heart and the wavy sentiment!

Diane said...

Beyond cuteness are your little piggies with their cute and happy expressions!! This card will surely make him smile bigtime!! Love the pretty embossed heart too, an adorably cute cute card!!

Cat Craig said...

Oh they are cute and perfect for a fun Valentine; as usual you have got your bits and pieces in perfect harmony.

Cynthia M said...

I love that you have a card parts drawer.! You must be so organized! What darling little critters with their grass and fence! Cute, Cute!

Pam Sparks said...

It's adorable! So nice you make him a card! He will love it!

Sue from Oregon said...

One of my all time favorite PB stamps! You should enter this in the Penny Black Challenge.
I love the chickens too...they always crack me up.
It's hard to 'keep it simple' when you have critter stamps...they need a scene for sure! 💕Sue K

Ida said...

Another darling card. Those images make me smile. I'm the same way, hubby usually gets a non-serious VDay card.