Friday, February 9, 2024

PinkFresh Blooming Branch

Hello!  After finishing my few Valentines (which I'll share later) I had a chance to reach into my NBUS basket and pull out something new-to-me.  This Pinkfresh Blooming Branch came from a recent 40% off sale on their website.  Not to be resisted, right?  I got this and one other stamp set, no dies.  Amazing reserve on my part.  I made two cards with this stamp.  The sentiment is from the Pinkfresh Delicate Rosebuds set.  I do have the matching dies for that one and I love how the sentiment cuts.

I stamped in Ranger Archival Watering Can and colored with Tombow markers and blender on the first card.  It was not too difficult to hand cut since I recently got a shot in my wrist that has the De Quervain's tenosynovitis.  My left wrist/hand had gotten so bad that I could barely use it.  It's much better now, but I have to be cautious about over-using it.  That's okay.  Anyway, here's the first card and I kind of love it.



The card front was salvaged from a card I received in a package from a charitable organization.  You know how they give little gifts to encourage you to donate.  I adhered the front to my own card and covered it with the large oval.  Pictured below you can see the ready-made gloss and sparkle as well as the flap of the matching envelope.  I have a few others in different colors, too, and they've been sitting a long time waiting for me to use them.




The next card is smaller with stamping off the edge.  This time I watercolored with Stampin' Up inks and I'm not thrilled with the results.  I was trying a watercolor technique I saw on a video.  It works for them, but apparently I'm better off sticking with what works for me.  Old dog I guess, ahem.  I was happy to use a smidgen of ribbon as well as a sentiment die from the NBUS die basket.  One basket for stamps, one for dies, and both rather full.



The inside of each card is stamped in a similar manner.  No sentiment.  The sentiments on the front can work for many occasions, and I can write my own message inside.  This lets me simply enjoy the cardmaking and have a card for whatever occasion when I need it.



Enough chatter?  I'll go ahead and link now to Darnell's NBUS challenge where she encourages us to get busy and use our never before used schtuff rather leave it sitting in the basket or bin while we shop for more new stuff...wait, what?  I know... it was how I rolled when I was working full time and didn't have enough left over creative energy to stamp.  It must have been habit forming because I still do it and haven't come up with a better excuse.

NBUS Challenge #59 --  My Pinkfresh Blooming Branch stamp and Impression Obsession Hi are fresh out of the basket.



Thank you for coming to visit.  Wishing you a beautiful day!




24 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards and stamps,great recycling.Sorry to hear about your wrists-take care.
Carol x

Evelyn S. said...

You fussy-cut the blooming branches on that first card? Wow! It's such a beautiful result, Leslie. The card made me realize that I rarely see blue flowers on cards...beautiful blue like these are. The second card with the red flowers and blue diecuts is also beautiful. I love the whole design and that gingham ribbon is perfect.

Christine Alexander said...

both cards are so pretty, your colouring skill always amazes me ♥
sorry to hear about your wrist xx

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Leslie. LOVE the first one ... blue and yellow together - fabulous. And I LOVE your second card ... even though you aren't sold on the watercolouring, it's so beautiful. Peaceful, calm ... a feel-good card. :) Funny I was just playing with my Blooming Branch today. :) It's a beautiful set. My card will go live on Monday. :) xx

Yogi said...

what a gorgeous stamp. I'm surprised you waited to use it... You did a fabulous job on coloring. Both cards are great. I think I have to do some drawing today... thanks for the inspiration. Have a great day

Margaret said...

Your cards are so beautiful. I love your layouts and how you used that leftover paper from the mail. I also had an injection for the same thing about a month ago - De Quervain's tenosynovitis. It does kind of incapacitate you from using that hand. Mine is much better, but I still have a little twitch in that area every so often. At least I can use it again.

Glenda said...

Be still my heart! You have sent me off in search of this stamp and die set! Such beautiful cards my sweet friend!

Bonnie said...

I think we are all suffering from the same malady, Leslie! I know have 3 NBUS boxes and they never seem to be near depletion! I'm glad you got these sweet flowers out for a spin though. The blue flowers with the bright repurposed background brings joy with just the colors and that sentiment is perfect for it! I love how you stamped the flowers off the edge on the second card! The colors are beautiful and that big HI is a perfect fit! I'm glad you wrist is feeling better. I hope it lasts.

Lynette said...

Well, I think the coloring is wonderful on both of them, Leslie! They are both so pretty. Great use of the pre-made card. I like to re-purpose them, too. Glad your wrists have improved. I hope the shot helps for a long time.

Marcia Hill said...

Both of these cards are absolutely beautiful Leslie, and your coloring on both is fabulous! You have really made that stamp set SHINE my friend, and at 40% off, well, what's not to love?!! Lovely, lovely cards!! Hugs. :0)

Ida said...

Such lovely cards. Makes me anxious for spring and flowers blooming. - I love the sentiments you used. I recognize that gingham ribbon (I still have some).
I need to use more NBUS stuff myself.

Barbara said...

I do love reading your posts as much as I love seeing your creations. I get a little peek into your personality and daily life. I sure hope that your wrist holds out for a lot more crafting. I do love the color combination on your first card and now I wish I had gotten in on that pink fresh sale. Your second card is a beauty as well. I love a square card every once in a while. Also love that you recycling some paper that you got after giving contributions.

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, I've found during a recent water coloring session that it's all about the paper and how quickly it absorbs the water-y ink/pigment we add to it. Some are so 'thirsty' there is no time to get it to move!
I personally love both of your cards today - good for you upcycling that beautiful card/gift. And that precious little blue gingham ribbon!
The sentiments with coordinating dies are among my favorite things!
=]

HilaryJane said...

I think these turned out great. I particularly like the one with the ribbon. The blue and red look so good together. It sounds to me, like you have the perfect excuse to always buy the matching dies xx

Lisa Elton said...

That blooming branch is bloomin' beautiful! Great job recycling, Leslie. Both cards are just marvelous!

Darnell said...

You're doing fine, Leslie, as long as you dip in that NBUS basket now and then and don't only buy, it's all good in my book. (Especially when you get schtuff on sale!) And your two floral designs are winners in my book! I love that you make them all-occasion and can just concentrate on the meticulous details of your art! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS!

I'm glad you were able to get a shot to ease the pain in your thumb and wrist and I hope the relief lasts a long, long time! Hugs, Darnell

Pauline said...

Both cards are beautiful Leslie! You are way too hard on yourself. Love that you were able to recycle the background on your first card (that's always a bonus) and that bit of gingham ribbon on your second just pulls it all in. Love both! Sorry to hear about how painful your wrist has been, I hope you find relief with the shot you got.

Darlene said...

These are SO BEAUTIFUL my friend! Your coloring always amazes me ... you are so talented and know exactly how to do the highlighting! Such pretty colors ... makes he even more anxious for spring. Beautiful inspiration.
I'm glad they were able to help ease some of your pain ... hopefully it will all settle down and you'll be 100% soon. HUGS and PRAYERS to you!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh Leslie, these are beauties. Flowers are such joy in your hands. Loved popping in to see your wonderful creations today :)

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

what beautiful cards! Your blue flowers are so pretty and delicate! I think your second card is gorgeous. What's not to like! I have found that it is a good idea to have some cards without a specific sentiment on hand. I need to make some more to have around. Sorry to hear about your hand. I still have to be careful not to overdue my as well. We are expecting a big snowfall this week and of course Joe's truck with the plow won't start so I'm hoping for only a few inches or we will be house bound until it melts!! Have a great week!

Diane said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!! The color combos are so beautiful, like a breath of fresh air on a Spring day!!

Cat Craig said...

Money well spent, Leslie. These are beautiful cards and your fussy cutting skills are above par. I love that bit of gingham ribbon too.

Conniecrafter said...

First of all I am glad to hear that the shots are helping and you are able to do more now! Hope that keeps up for you!
I am so loving the blue and yellow combo on the first card, love that sentiment to go with it so sweet! Great way to use those goodies given to you! On the second one I can understand if it didn't turn out the way you were hoping but the coloring is so pretty in that one too, I love the soft blue around it also, topped off by your ribbon!

laurie said...

LOVE the blue and yellow!