Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Double D Challenge: Heartfelt


Hi again!  It's Double D Challenge time, friends.  Diane is asking for hearts and she's given us a pretty board for inspiration.  See it below along with the prize for a random winner.

Heartfelt




A challenge can take you to some very nice places.  When I looked at the board I decided I liked the cocoa mug with the flowers behind it.  After only a little bit of head scratching I pulled out one of my all-time favorite stamp sets -- WPlus 9 Hello & Thanks.  It has the lighthearted playful look I love, and it comes with matching dies.  I also liked the aqua blue in the lower right corner of the board, so I went with that as well.



With the help of a Cottage Cutz die set I added a dollop of whipped cream and a placed a heart cut out on the side of the cup.  The teensiest hearts around the edges are from that CC die set, too.  "Best friends" is an ages old stamp (name unknown) from my stash.  Isn't that the prettiest cut and emboss edge?  It's another oldie from my stash that needs to come out to play more often -- Joy Crafts Stylish Border.

This is a special Valentine for a dear friend.




Simple coloring was done with Copics.  This was so much fun, and in my book that's what it's all about.

I hope you'll come play with us at Double D.  The team has some great samples you'll want to check out.  We always have creative winners and the one prize winner.   Most importantly we just want you to have fun.

Catch you again real soon!


Stamps:  WPlus 9 Hello & Thanks w/matching dies, sentiment from stash (unknown)  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 80 & 110 lb, pink sandable cardstock, scrap designer paper  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Bermuda Bay & Pool Party  Coloring:  Copics  Other:  Joy Crafts Stylish Border, Cottage Cup of Love (partial), SU 3-in-1 heart punch, Cotton Candy Stickles

27 comments:

Glenda said...

Your card is magic! I love that pretty die cut background...it just speaks to me.

Diane said...

A beautiful combination of all you supplies, like they were made for each other, I love how you put it all together and the floral is gorgeous and of course adding the sweet birds, hearts and that beautiful border makes it perfection!!

Donna Phelan said...

So sweet and colorful! This catches you right between the end of Winter and the beginning of Spring! Love the mug of sweetness, that darling bird and your beautifully colored flowers. This card has everything--in a very good way!

Vicki said...

So fresh and delightful! The colors are so pretty and those little birds look like they're having the best conversation. That border die...ahhhh. And, your coloring is always amazing. This is the perfect card for a good friend.

Darlene said...

This is BEAUTIFUL and of course I love your coloring! What a sweet & happy creation! Well done my friend!

Margaret said...

So gorgeous! I love everything about this card. All your different textures just make it so special.

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwwwwwww...you always make the sweetest cards Leslie! That little mug, the birdie, the hearts and all the beautiful flowers make this card so delightful!! Loving the diecut edge you added too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful! It made me think of the three B's challenge too! Birds and Blooms!

Lynette said...

Such a sweet and pretty card, Leslie! I agree - a wonderful cut and emboss edge, for sure! Great job on the inspiration challenge.

HilaryJane said...

It's your colouring and inking that makes this one so special. Bright, vibrant and happy. The recipient is going to be very pleased with this one xx

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, there is SO MUCH to love about your darling Valentine - but I smiled the biggest smile when I spotted the bird who was about to help himself to that dollop of whipped cream! Such a bright and pretty card!
=]

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Your card is so sweet! I love everything that you put in it! The flowers with the little bird looking on and the little heart is just darling! I now your friend will just love it!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and image-so beautifully coloured too.
Carol x

Cindy Beach said...

This is one of my favorite sets too! How sweet these birds look as best friends! I just love the flowers and the colors are wonderful. Always the best, are your die cut banners and details. Picturing you making this and having fun has made my day, Leslie!

Lisa Elton said...

This is one of my all time favorite set too, Leslie! There's just something about those whimsical flowers that I love! Love what you've created with it too, especially the little bird helping herself to taste of that whipped cream!

Bonnie said...

What a special card for a special friend, Leslie! Love that embossed lace with the pretty flowers and sweet little birds! It's fun to work through the NBUS stuff but also nice to reconnect with those old favorites!

Yogi said...

Cute card. Love those flowers. Have a great day

Christine Alexander said...

what a happy little card with all those flowers and sweet birds :)

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Leslie! What an utterly darling card! Your Bestie will be delighted. Completely feminine and completely sweet… I love the layers you have created, the dots on your whipped cream, the darling heart on your cup, and all the beautiful Leslie style foliage and blooms that make this card even prettier. The backdrop of that embossed border makes it all especially lovely. And I like that you used non-traditional colors. The take on the double D challenge is awesome. Happy Valentine’s Day a little early. Hugs, and more hugs.

Barbara said...

I am so impressed when you pull out oldies, but goodies and make a fantastic card using them. I really like the die cut border and the way that you arranged the flowers around that blue mug.

Conniecrafter said...

Absolutely Gorgeous, the birds are so sweet, the flowers are just lovely, and I like how you tucked the hearts in here and there. Love your color combo and that pretty fancy border just finishes it off nicely!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous and creative card lovely colors and design. ♥

Cat Craig said...

Leslie, you create such a lovely collage. Your colors and layers and textures all come together so nicely.

Loll said...

Fabulous card with so many amazing details. I could look at this for hours, Leslie! It's bright, fun, and oh-so pretty. xx

Ida said...

Totally adorable as can be.

Judy Woodland said...

Well this is so dear, I really like all your elements here. A lovely little card for someone special. That die cut border is gorgeous, and the coloring on your image is perfect. This card is so stinkin' adorable, I love it.

Pauline said...

Oh, this is so beautiful Leslie! All the elements you used came together so perfectly, from your watercolouring, layering and right down to the stylish border (which is beautiful). Your dear friend will absolutely love this. This card makes me smile! Thanks for sharing Lesie.