Monday, February 12, 2024

Inky Antics Valentines

Hi and welcome to a new week!  It's Valentine week and I'm still lagging behind.  I need to start working on next year's cards because this holiday comes too soon after Christmas for me to get any steam behind it.  I did make a few with my oldies but goodies.  It starts to feel as though I'm sending the same cards over and over, but when you've got favorites you just have to use them, don't you?

I wasn't thinking of Valentines when I pulled out my Inky Antics dogs and stamped and colored and cut out every single one of them.   Actually, the image on the first card was already stamped and in my card parts drawer so hooray for getting it colored and on a card.




All coloring was done with Copics.  To the card below I added a background from Rubbernecker and some little hearts from (?) -- an unlabeled stamp.  The gray scalloped mat was already cut so I built on that.



At some point along the way I looked up Inky Antics to see if they still make and sell stamps, and I found a whole website.  Well, you know what happened then.  Three sets into my cart.  Not new, but new to me.  I think it's important that we create what makes us feel happy in the making, and Inky Antics have been making me feel happy for years.

Sending sweet Valentine wishes to all!


Stamps:  Inky Antics Puppy Love (1st card), Puppy & Kitty Love #2, Rubbernecker dog stuff background(?), nameless heart flowers stamp (latter 3 all on 2nd card)  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 80 & 110 lb, grocer's kraft, SU Going Gray & Pink Pirouette (2nd card), scrap designer paper (1st card)  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Rose Red  Coloring:  Copics  Other:  Poppystamps Heart Hugs and Scribble Daisy Heart Frame, Tutti Designs Stitched Nesting Hearts, Taylored Expressions Stitched Rectangle Stacklets, Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Stackables, rhinestones, foam mounting tape

22 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

Oh those doggies! These cards are so cute. And there you go with that skilled coloring! Happy Valentine's Day, Leslie!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

These are so cute! It's so much fun to make some goodies for this holiday! Love the little critters with their love wishes. Our first dog was a miniature poodle all in black - Andy. Such a sweet thing! Joe delivered all of our
Valentine goodies over the weekend to the girls in PA due to the snow coming tomorrow. The NJ bunch will have to wait until this weekend as I'm sure we won't be going too far for awhile! Enjoy your day!

Lisa Elton said...

Now that's a hug anyone could appreciate and who wouldn't want poodles of love! These are adorable, Leslie! I agree that we should use what makes us happy. I have so many older products that I would never part with and some new things that I ask myself sometimes, what was I thinking??!!

Glenda said...

I have to admit you definitely influence my shopping! You always pick such cute stamps and then there is your coloring! Such great coloring my friend. I never really learned to play well with markers. Both cards have captured my heart and I wish you and yours a very happy Valentine's Day!

Denise said...

Love those puppy cards! I own the "puppy and kitty" stamp all happily thanks to you. I saw a card you did with it a few years ago and immediately purchased it. Now I think I need that poodle!

Diane said...

Well you have to know I LOVE these, any card with an animal takes a big place in my heart, my 'doodles' of love is sitting right next to me as I look at these or should I say leaning on me, he is a leaner!! These are absolutely the best!! Have a happy Valentines Day, I never got mine sent out this year, sigh!!

Marcia Hill said...

You always capture my heart with your sweet pooches and kitty...absolutely ADORABLE cards Leslie! These are definitely smile worthy!! Hugs. :0)

Yogi said...

both are real cute. Who doesn't need a hug. Wonderful coloring. Have a great day

Margaret said...

Both are so adorable, but you know my love of kitties so I really love the first one. I'm sure none of my kitties would want to be hugged by a dog though. LOL! I do love Inky Antics.

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful CAS cards and I love the golrgeous images.
Carol x

Lynette said...

These are both so adorable, Leslie!! Amazing coloring, as always, and I always love the way you layer a card with just the right pieces!

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, your Valentines are adorable! Of course, I adore the grey kitty - this looks just like our Calvin being carried by a toddling grandchild... though I'm not sure he smiled about it - and the grey scalloped panel was a fab place to start any card in my book! But these furry characters are the perfect finish!
=]

HilaryJane said...

Great cards Leslie. My favourite is the first one. I only make and send 1 valentines card, to my husband, so that's easy! I am so glad you found that company still going strong xx

Barbara said...

I just love your dog images and you are the reason that I have some in my stash. You are making me feel bad as I have not made one Valentine card and I have four grand dogs that would love a card like this. (at least their parents would). These are so adogable! You are right that we should create things that make us happy!

Cat Craig said...

Oh these are darling cards, Leslie. Your coloring is fabulous.

Christine Alexander said...

OMG two adorable cards, the first really stole my heart ♥

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... these images are so adorable. LOVE both your cards! Going to check out the website for Inky Antics. :) You are great an enabling, Leslie! xx

Bonnie said...

I discovered Inky Antics when they came to Raleigh with the SSAT show and they do have some adorable things. Your sweet pups are proof of that! How sweet is the pup holding the kitty and the poodle is adorable! They made such sweet valentines!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness these are just the cutest, although the first one is my favorite :) I like your hugs within the heart on that one and the pretty flower background to go with that adorable image!
Neat background stamping on the second and that dog is so fluffy, just makes you want to hug him too!
I agree to use what makes you happy or what you know will make the one getting it happy :)

laurie said...

Cute as can be!!! And so much fun!

Pauline said...

Leslie, you always create such beautiful and adorable cards when you use your doggie images. Love them both, they are both CAS - wonderful designs on both and as always love your colouring. Perfect Valentine cards! TFS!

Darlene said...

OMG these are toooooooo cute my friend! You have to love those cute IA images and you've certainly brought them to life! Time sure seems to be flying by these days for me. Sorry I'm so late visiting but will try to do better! HUGS