Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Love Letters

Hello friends!  Valentine month is not over yet and so I'm going to jump right in here and share two Valentines I made for next year.  The Cottage Cutz die set has never been used, but I ran out of time for this year.  I'm going to try to do better on all my occasion cards by prepping ahead.  I hope you'll bear with me when I stamp out of season.  Thank you in advance!

The stamped sentiments are pulled from my stash.  The first is a cute Stampendous set which will be used more later.  It's in the NBUS line up.  The designer paper is from a 6x6 Echo Park Love Notes pad which I received free with a recent Scrapbook.com order.  I can't even remember what I ordered, but I'm sure it's still sitting in the NBUS basket.  Both of these cards are 4 1/4".  Petite and cute for Valentines.



The bird and branch and all the little hearts were in the same set.  I colored with Copics and stenciled some clouds on this card.  One cloud layer is upside down, darn it.  I almost always goof when I use this stencil.  It shouldn't be so hard, sheesh.  Still cute.  I've used a sentiment from a 2011 Penny Black set.



That's all from me.  I'll be moving right along to the next project soon.

Sharing in Darnell's NBUS Challenge #59 -- The Cottage Cutz Love Letters die set and Echo Park Love Notes designer paper are both used for the first time.



I'm glad you could visit today.  You know I love it when you stop by.  Take care till next time!



Stamps:  Stampendous Mailbox Spring, Penny Black To You  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 80 lb, Echo Park Love Notes designer paper  Ink:  Pixie Pink & Poppy Parade (1st card), Memento Tuxedo Black & Pink Pirouette (2nd card)  Coloring:  Copics  Dies:  Cottage Cutz Love Letters, MFT Die-namics Woodgrain Fence  Other:  Heffy Doodle Cloudy Skies stencil, SU 3-in-1 Heart Punch, Fiskars scallop scissors, Scotch brand foam mounting tape

19 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

you are a bussy bee working on next years cards :)
that is such a sweet mail box on your first card and the little bird with the valentines card in it's beak is adorable xx

Glenda said...

Oh my goodness I do love both your cards. The sweet mailbox on the first one is lovely but that little bird on the second card just makes me smile.

Yogi said...

Both are really cute cards. Just because they have hearts on them... I don't see why they have to only be used for Valentines. They both make excellent cards to just give to someone, like a thinking of you or just because to someone special... Have a great day

Vicky Hayes said...

Don't they say love never goes out of style Leslie?! Two beautiful cards with beautiful papers on the first and sweet images on both. Looked for ages to find an upside cloud layer but couldnt find it at all!! You will be glad to get your little Sophie back home. Will never forget Eva coming home from her spay (I felt brutal) but she recovered quickly. My youngest son was under the weather at the time so they just curled up together for a couple of days. Vicky x

Margaret said...

These are both so cute. We probably wouldn't have noticed the oopsie if you hadn't told us. I'm way ahead on Christmas cards for this year already. I was working with two kits and got a lot of them done, but I'm not done yet. I still want to create some more, so I may be into 2025.

Marcia Hill said...

These are both sooooo CUTE and YAY to you for being ahead of the game for next year Leslie!! And I can't spot the upside down stenciled cloud, so it's all good!! Haha! Glad I'm not the only one... Sweet, sweet cards my friend...LOVE them both! Hugs. :0)

Diane said...

Adorably cute cute cards, LOVE how you have used those papers on the first one and a darling design on the second. You made me look at my Cottage Cutz list to see if I had that die, but not sure if I do or not. I have 2 Cottage Cutz die cut right now waiting to be put together on my desk, you have given the inspiration to get them done! Sophie is sure a beautiful girl, my stepson has a golden almost the same gorgeous color, her name is Winnie!!

Conniecrafter said...

I like how you used the cloud paper to cut out your cloud die, sweet papers and great shading on the mailbox and all your hearts sprinkled all around!
Oh my goodness that little birdie is just the cutest, love the colors you used on it and I wouldn't say you can go wrong with the stencil, clouds are all different shapes going every which way :) The little heart on the fence is a cute touch!
Hey I share my Christmas cards all year round as I make them there is no problem I feel anyway sharing out of season :)

Barbara said...

This is such a great idea as I didn't send out any Valentine's card this year and I felt so bad. Your cards as so inspiring and the cutest! I can make some now for next year and be sure to send them out next year.

I Card Everyone said...

It's never too late to share a Valentine, or two, Leslie! These are too cute to keep to yourself!
LOve that paper - even better that it was free! Who can say no to a Valentine-bearing bird?
SO adorable!
=]

HilaryJane said...

there is nothing like getting ahead of the game. You can post out of season all you want as far as I am concerned. These are both great little cards. Love the mail theme and that cute little bird. thanks for your lovely comment on my recent post too xx

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What adorable cards! I always liked the mailbox for Valentine cards. When Rachel and Sarah were little I decorated metal mailboxes for them to put their cards in and they still have them! I like your little bird delivering his special Valentine card! So cute.

Bonnie said...

Two super sweet valentines, Leslie! I love the stenciled clouds and I'm always confused as to which way is up with those cloud stencils! The tiny letters are adorable!

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable times two, Leslie! I love the sweet paper airplane paper and the scalloped edge you gave it. Cloud stencils can be tricky, but I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't pointed our your boo boo!

Loll said...

Adorable cards Leslie. Love the first one with the mix of sweet patterned papers. That little bird on your second card made me smile ... and I'm loving your pink clouds! Both cards will bring happy times to whomever receives them. xx

Pauline said...

When I saw your first card, I thought wow, this is beautiful, love the printed scallop clouds, the mailbox coloured and shaded perfectly and then your printed ground, so so sweet, then I scrolled and saw your second card - my heart melted! Wow Leslie, this one just stole my heart. Love everything about this, so adorable.
Thanks for starting off my day with a smile! Love when you create! Have a wonderful day.

Cat Craig said...

Oh my these are such sweet whimsical cards, Leslie. Love them.

Evelyn S. said...

I continue to be amazed at the detail you create in/on your cards, Leslie! Scallops, die cuts, detail after detail. And they are all beautiful.

Ida said...

Both are just wonderful. I love the little letter in the birds mouth on the 2nd card.