Sunday, February 25, 2024

Split Front Hello

Happy Sunday, friends!  I hope this finds you well today.  We're okay here, not counting my BFF who fell down in her backyard and fractured her elbow.  You know what they say... "Life is what happens while you're busy doing other things".  She's an independent soul and will be okay, but I'll be on the alert in case I'm needed.

In the meantime, I have a card to share which is somewhat of a departure for me, considering it's all designer paper other than a couple of die cuts and some linen thread.  There is no stamping at all.  You see, lately in the evenings while Rich is playing solitaire on the computer I've been watching the occasional crafting video on YouTube -- on the big screen TV, relaxed on the sofa with Sophie cuddled up beside me.  Recently I stumbled upon a video for the split front card design.  It's been done many times, but I'm just now giving it a whirl.  The video I watched is here.

My card:


I cut into my Piatek Awakening 6x6 paper pad for the first time (birds) and my Zolu Forest Dreams pad for the second time (green inner part).  I found it matched up nicely with SU's Always Artichoke, so that's my card base.  Now that I have a template for the split front I'm eager to make more... and I did, but will share later.  Now I'm rather hooked on finding ways to prominently feature designer paper because the cupboard is bursting and these beautiful papers deserve to be seen.

The foremost panels are popped up on thin foam mounting tape.  The leafy die cuts are oldies from my stash, but the "Hello" is a newish-to-me Creative Expressions die, found at 1-2-3 Stitch when I went searching specifically for sentiment dies.



Otherwise...

Our beautiful Sophie has been busy growing up.  She turned six months on Feb. 12 and weighs well over 50 lbs.  I'll find out her exact weight Tuesday when she goes in to be spayed and chipped.  My poor girl will not be happy about that,  but it's for the best.  I'll be giving her a bath later today.  She's had a lot of good runs in The Great Outdoors and cleans up quite nicely with the hose and a good toweling off, but this last run on the bay left her a little fragrant.



Sophie will start basic obedience training on March 20.  She's a good girl and has learned many things, but not as obedient when excited or distracted.  I've never had to do classes before, so this should be interesting.

Wrapping up, I will share in Darnell's NBUS Challenge because my Piatek Awakening paper and the Creative Expressions Mini Expressions - Hello & Hi are being used for the first time.



Thank you all for stopping by.  Wishing you a week of good times and crafting!




23 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and love the design and beautiful papers.Hope your friend is okay-John has had a couple of falls lately but luckily no injuries-just sons back picking him up! WOW Sophie is growing and good luck with the classes.
Carol x

Yogi said...

Well whatever you used for the card… it turned out beautifully composed. Love it.
Give Sophie a hug for me. She’s gotten big… have a great day

Marcia Hill said...

Your card and the dsp are soooo pretty Leslie, and I love the design layout...it really shows off that dsp beautifully! The die cuts are a beautiful addition too to your lovely, lovely card! And of course Sophie is still just as cute as can be...give her a hug from me!! :0)

Hannelie said...

I love the layout of this beautiful card Leslie! Sophie has grown so much and she is such a pretty girl! I just want to hug her :)

Glenda said...

Such a pretty card and you have peaked my interest! I will be watching the video and making some of these! Be still my heart...Sophie is such a beauty and I know you guys love her so much, keep us posted as she recovers from surgery. Have a great week my friend!

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your card today. It's a card design new to me. Also not familiar with the paper pads you used. They are gorgeous! And your sentiment is perfect for this type of card. I'm going to do as you and try to use up some of my hoard of paper and make some of these cards.

Margaret said...

How gorgeous. I love the pattern paper. Like you, I have tons. I will have to go look at the video to see how to put this together. Sophie is growing up to be a beautiful girl. I'm sure she will learn how to be a proper lady.

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, your papers are extraordinarily beautiful and so pretty for this split design! Your die cuts are such a wonderful match for them, too! I adore those pink and blue birds... and your darling fluffy Sophie! She is growing up too quickly!
Your BFF is so lucky to have you on standby!
=]

HilaryJane said...

This has turned out so well. Those papers look wonderful together and I love how you have enhanced the design with those die cuts. Thanks for sharing the news about Sophie. Hope she responds well to her classes xx

Barbara said...

First, I love your card. I have seen this technique before but have not tried it like you. Great job! I enjoyed reading your post as we all have similar evenings. I am here doing my comments, and Tom is on the couch sleeping. Usually, he is doing his iPad and solitaire or free sell, While I check out Youtube! I may go back to my craft room and knock out another scrapbook page or not. I have to give him some leeway as he is going through radiation and seems to be tired, which was a side effect. All will be well.

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful way to show off this gorgeous patterned paper, Leslie! The two patterns work so well together and I love the split look! Sophie is growing fast. I hope she comes through the surgery easily and heals quickly.

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is gorgeous, I totally love those papers they go together so pretty, and I also love the greenery you used in the corner, great touch! I too have seen this style many times but I don't think I have tried it, can't remember now. I like the touchh of pink with the sentiment.
Sophie is growing up so fast, she is a cutie, good luck with the training, my daughter had to go through it with her dog and it helped quite a bit :). Hope your friend heals quickly from her fall.

Lisa Elton said...

So sorry to hear about your BFF, hope she heals up quickly. Your card is beautiful, Leslie! Those papers lend them self perfecly to this design! Sophie sure has sprouted up, she's a cutie!

Birgit said...

What a stunning card! Such beautiful papers you've used. I've never heard of that line of paper before. I'll have to search it up. Your card is gorgeous. Little Sophie is getting big!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What an interesting technique! Will definitely check out the video. Beautiful DSP and sentiment. All comes together so beautifully. Sophie is growing up fast and looks like she is enjoying life. Enjoy your training classes!

Pam Sparks said...

Fabulous! You made the pattern paper shine! I always hate covering up the paper when I try to use it! Beautiful Leslie!

Cat Craig said...

Leslie, you made some stunning picks. This is one gorgeous card. I'll have to take a peek at that video.

Loll said...

WOW! You have worked wonders with your pattered paper as always, Leslie. You have taken the split design to new levels ... this card is AMAZING! I love all the papers you've used and the gorgeous die-cuts that add so much texture and depth. Great work. Looking forward to seeing more of your split designs. Sophie is growing up so fast. What a beautiful girl!! Good luck with the training. xx

Donna Ellis said...

Sophie is so gorgeous sporting her lovely white coat, and muscular legs with giant paws. Sweet little face. Thanks, Leslies, for the Youtube in making this card. Your choices of papers (and inked die cuts) is so lovely. BEAUTIFUL CARD! Hoping your friend heals quickly! hugs, de

Christine Alexander said...

I love the layout on your card, it's perfect for DP ♥
Sophie is growing up so fast, we had to take both our little terrors to dog obedience, not everything stuck. They still get way too excited when they meet people :)

Diane said...

Wow, this is amazingly beautiful, what a creative and gorgeous design, a fabulous use of the pretty papers!!

Pauline said...

Sophie has grown so much, she is so beautiful! As for your card, gorgeous! Love what you did with designer papers! The images take center stage, love your little leafy cuts, just adds to the spring vibe. Fabulous card Leslie. Have a wonderful day, just heading out to work. (it's 5:41am here).

Ida said...

Very interesting technique. I'm never good at trying to figure out how to make cards like that. - A template would be great for me. Your card is lovely.

Yes, Sophie is really growing. I'm glad to hear her surgery went well and that she will be taking obedience classes. Our next door neighbor needs to do that with his Golden, Ladybug. She is very rambunctious.