Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Quickie Snowflake Christmas Cards with Ribbon

Hello!  I hope you won't be blinded by all the white in these photos today.  I've made three quickie Christmas cards, just trying to gain some ground before I get back to coloring.  Also... now don't be shocked... I bought seven rolls of Christmas ribbon at JoAnn's the other day.  I know!  I seldom use ribbon these days and I bought seven new rolls!  Am I nuts?  But it was almost my birthday and it was 40% off...    So I set out to use some of it, starting with a pretty satin snowflake ribbon which just happens to match Stampin' Up's Soft Sky.

All the snowflakes were thoroughly smooshed with Versamark ink and embossed with Iridescent Peacock embossing powder.  It gives a delicate shimmery sparkle, but no color other than an iridescent quality.

On the first card I embossed a Cuttlebug Candy Cane Stripe border.  Hard to see in the photo.  Each snowflake is backed by a 1/2" punched circle, which is only there to give more glue surface for adhering to the ribbon.  Only one snowflake is glued directly onto the ribbon, but I thought they should all match.  The "Noel" is SU's Wonderful Wreaths Framelits die.  The snowflakes are Simon Says Stamp Melody Snowflake.




Card #2:  Larger snowflake is Simon Says Stamp Eliza Snowflake.  Smaller snowflake is Simon Says Stamp Melody Snowflake.




Card #3:  Wild Rose Studio Lacy Snowflake and Impression Obsession Holiday Bottom Word Edgers




Quick and snowy!  Are you making progress on your Christmas cards?  I'm almost halfway there, but time is running out.  Now, don't stress...  this is one of those small things we can say "yes" or "no" to, right?  Keep it fun!

Have a beautiful day, and I'll see you again soon!


19 comments:

Glenda said...

All are gorgeous! I feel so far behind on my own cards!

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely these are, Leslie! I imagine your iridescent snowflakes look REALLY fantastic in person! Gorgeous done. Your photos always look so bright and the white backgrounds are amazing. I never seem to achieve that effect - not sure if it is my ott lights, or my cameras, or the set up. I believe you were singled out in Joanns! Watch out. Certain aisles (especially the ribbon aisle) have a way of determining who is nearby, what state of mind they are in, and how vulnerable they are at any given time. It probably has something to do with our artsy openness and body temperature at the time. LOL They KNEW you would use them in the most festive and glorious of ways - and boy were they RIGHT! Beautifully done, and the ribbon on these cards is beautiful in itself! Thanks for sharing some quick and easy ways to create lovely cards. hugs, de

Darnell said...

Aaaaah! These are so light and airy and delicate, Leslie! Like wedding cakes! I am pinning them all!! Hugs, Darnell

Yogi said...

pretty and delicate. Have a great day

Sherri said...

Oh, how gorgeous! I couldn't begin to pick a favorite as all of them are spectacular! LOVE the ribbon! I need to start using some of the FOUR baskets of it I have. Lol! You always inspire me to want to do better!

Traci M said...

These are all so beautiful, Leslie!! I would have bought that snowflake ribbon, too...as that color is so hard to match up...but I keep trying!! Your layouts really showcase the snowflakes!

Ida said...

How pretty. The colors are so lovely.

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

I simply adore cards with snowflakes. These are wonderful. I may just CASE the first one for a couple of my own Christmas cards. Well done you! Cheers.

pam said...

Aaaaah! my favourite colours for Christmas makes Leslie, love the clean elegant look to these gorgeous cards, pretty ribbon and snowflakes.
Hugs Pam x

Evelyn S. said...

Such dreamy cards, Leslie! I love that color with the white, and the ribbon is a perfect touch on each card. Soft Sky is such a beautiful color.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Soft Sky is one of my favorite colors. I love it with the white and yor ribbon just tops it off! I love ribbon but storing it is something else. Haven't solved that ine yet. You actually inspired me to make some Xmas cards, but not as many as I need. But it is work in progress!

nancy littrell said...

All 3 of your Christmas cards are so sweet and beautiful, Leslie. Wonderful CAS designs perfect for catching up and adding cards to your Christmas stash. TFS my friend. Hugs

Pauline said...

A girl after my own heart - I love white cards. You have created 3 beautiful, CAS elegant cards. Each unique in it's own way. The soft sky is so pretty up against the white and the ribbon is a perfect match! I bet those snowflakes (love snowflakes) just twinkle with the iridescent ep. I am so far behind in my Christmas cards, I only have 2 done - yikes! Thanks for sharing these Leslie, enjoy your day!

Jeanne H said...

Very lovely cards, Leslie. Love the blue color~fun on non-traditional yet traditional cards.

Ros Crawford said...

They are absolutely gorgeous!! Love the colours and the elegance!

Conniecrafter said...

These are all beautiful, good find with the ribbon it does match perfectly, I love your tip of the round circles behind the snowflakes to attach them, great idea with the shimmery embossing on them too, Love the big single one, looks like a doily snowflake!

Pam Sparks said...

So beautiful Leslie! Love all three! So many fun details that just make the cards spectacular! I kinda chuckled to myself at 7 rolls of ribbon. Whispering this but I've been buying Christmas pattern paper. Just rolling my eyes at myself. No business buying it!!! Stop it Pam! I am so weak with cute Christmas paper. ugh. lol Stamps and dies don't count!

Stacy Morgan said...

These look great! I like the soft color and the snowflakes are wonderful. Easy peasy, just what I like!

Lynette said...

So beautiful! I love them all. So much white and sparkle:) Love your new ribbons, too. Fabulous job. I just counted my Christmas cards and I think I have 44 done. Still have a ways to go, though.