Friday, October 13, 2017

Flowers on Yellow and White

Hello and happy Friday!  Today is the first of many cards I'm making for a friend.  She says she needs a variety, so I started with one of the happiest cards to make -- birthday.  Yellow and white is, for me, one of the happiest color combos, too, so, you see, there's happy all over this card!




I used Power Poppy's So Grateful clear stamp set for the flowers and Dahlia XL for the sentiment.  Coloring was done with Copic markers.

My friend loves a dressed up card so I pulled out all the stops with pretty die cuts, an embossed background, a little bit of designer paper, and I even added a bow.  As a final step I put Nuvo drops in the corners of the yellow die cut, which is always a little scary as I'm never sure if they're going to turn out okay.  I will say for certain that the glossy drops are the easiest to apply.  I don't know why.




I'll wrap up all this sunshiny cheerfulness for now and list all the ingredients in the recipe below my signature.  Wishing you a beautiful fall day!


Stamps:  Power Poppy "So Grateful" and "Dahlia XL" clear stamp sets  Paper:  Neenah 110 lb white, other white, yellow card stock, scrap BasicGrey June Bug designer paper  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics for coloring  Accessories:  Organdy ribbon, Nuvo Gloss Crystal Drops - Simply White, Cuttlebug Wicker Weave embossing folder, Marianne Designs Anja's Oval die, Memory Box Oval Master Frame (just used the oval that popped out when cut), Scotch brand foam mounting tape

20 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Well she'll love this! It's stunning and so perfect in everyway!

laurie said...

It is a VERY happy card! Those die cuts are beautiful and so is your stamping as usual..she will be sure to love this. Hope your Friday is a happy one!

Yogi said...

very pretty. Have a great day

Sherri said...

Awesome card, Leslie! LOVE the yellow! You know how I love yellow and your coloring is devine! The perfect choice for this gorgeous card!

Darlene said...

HAPPY! HAPPY! Oh yes, she's going to be HAPPY with this card! Gorgeous coloring as always and the design showcases this beautiful floral image perfectly! Well done my friend ... well done! HAPPY weekend to you!

Donna Ellis said...

Cheerfulness is an understatement in this amazing beauty, Leslie! Each card is a lovely masterpiece, truly fit for framing. I just LOVE seeing everything you color. Part of it is because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but truly 95% is a genuine appreciation of your special talent when it comes to placing color on images - intense loveliness always in your flowers. look at those gorgeous highlights in every burgundy-colored petal! Such patience and love to create something as sweet as this. I love the buttery, sunshiny, HAPPINESS - all from you - your friend will be more than delighted, Leslie! xx

pam said...

Stunning colouring on this gorgeous flower image Leslie, love the beautiful yellow with wonderful die cuts and embossing.
Hugs Pam x

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

This is definitely a happy card - love the color combination. Your friend is certainly getting a dressed up card - bow and all! I'm sure she is going to love it. Have a great weekend!

Lynette said...

Another totally gorgeous and awesome card, Leslie! You're right - yellow is so cheery. Your flowers are beautiful, and you are the master of layers. Fabulous!

Pauline said...

Ack! what a beautiful card! Sunshiny cheerfulness at it's best! Gorgeous Leslie. Your colouring always puts me in 'awe'. And the beautiful die cuts - love, love them. I'm sure your friend will love this, no doubt about that! I do hope you are feeling better :). Looking forward to the other cards you are creating for your friend - you always inspire me in so many ways! Take care,

Margaret said...

Oh, so beautiful. Love your coloring and your layout is fabulous. You always have just the most beautiful and perfect dies.

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, yellow and white are my happy colors! This is absolutely gorgeous. LOVE your amazing coloring and the fluffy bow. The intricate dies are so pretty too.

Conniecrafter said...

Love how you added the sentiment with the image, that framing of it all is just gorgeous and as always perfection with your coloring.... your friend is going to be thrilled to give away this beauty for a special occasion! Love the sheer bow!

Linda E said...

Beautiful card, Leslie! And definitely a happy card! I think your friend and the recipient will love it!

Donna Ellis said...

I am back today, Leslie, to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hoping your day is full of fun memories and lots of well wishes from your friends. It's also the perfect day to thank your parents for gifting you to the rest of us. Happy Birthday Wishes to You! hugs, de

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Congratulations on your birthday Leslie. May you have an unforgettable day of joy, an amazing year of love and a lifetime of happiness! Enjoy your special day with your family and friends.
Kind regards and hugs from South Africa,
Amelia

Heather Rogers said...

Absolutely beautiful and very happy! The embossing and intricate die cut look amazing.

Lisa Lara said...

You always WOW me with your gorgeous creations Leslie. I just love how you colored up these beauties and combined texture with the shapes and yellows! Just stunning.

Stacy Morgan said...

I like the yellow and white combo as well and this looks beautiful!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, yes, I love a dressy card, and the decorative die and embossing are rich...and your coloring is exquisite! She sure loved this card! Hugs!