Wednesday, October 18, 2017

LEAVE it to Me Double D Challenge

Presenting a new Double D Challenge today:  LEAVE it to Me!  You guessed it... anything with leaves.

My card today is made entirely from die cuts and one little ol' stamped sentiment.  I really wanted to color something, but I also wanted to stay at least somewhat true to the inspiration board and coloring just didn't work out.  So... here's my card:




And here's our inspiration board:




I love the gold leaves against the blue, and the frosty white against the blue, and those patterned leaves...  The pie looks absolutely delicious, too, but I'm guessing it hasn't been baked yet.  So beautiful, though.

The team votes on favorites (always the most difficult part of the challenge), but there's also a prize for a random winner:




Well... my card doesn't look a whole lot like anything in the inspiration board, but I did use patterned paper for the leaves.  And blue, but not the same shade of blue.  Hey, the idea is to be inspired.




A year or more ago I decided I needed to add a basket die to my collection so I got this one by Impression Obsession.  This is the first time I've used it, which just goes to show how badly I needed it, but you never know.  All the other dies on this card are oft-used favorites.  I'll list all dies here:


  • Impression Obsession Basket
  • Taylored Expressions Mega Leaves
  • Impression Obsession Grass
  • Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers
  • PoppyStamps Main Street Stitched Tags
  • Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Squares


Hop over to the Double D blog to see more samples and leave some love.  I hope you can play along.  Take care!


Stamps:  Very old Firecracker sentiment  Paper:  Neenah 110 lb white, Core'dinations 65 lb white and pre-cut white card base, SU Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, and Certainly Celery, retired SU designer paper  Ink:  SU Chocolate Chip and Creamy Caramel  Accessories:  Polytwill ribbon, corner rounder punch, dies as listed above

27 comments:

Glenda said...

Leslie I just love your card. Your pretty leaves have left me inspired! I love that you used different designs on them to add interest! Very unusual and I really think you outdid yourself on this one!

Darlene said...

Oh Leslie your card is just fabulous and so creative! I love the patterned leaves and all the dies you used! GREAT JOB!! (Yes, I don't think that pie is baked yet either ... can you imagine how long it took to do that braided decorating! And to think it would all be gone in a flash!) Have a great day!

Diane said...

Love your interpretation of the inspiration board with the blues and browns!! A beautiful creation and another masterpiece!! "me" thinks you are getting a nice collection of dies, be careful or you will end up like me lol!! Have a great day, it is cool here but sunny and beautiful after a weekend of 6" or more of rain!!

Vicki said...

This is simply gorgeous, Leslie! I love that you used the blue as inspiration on your card. The colors and details are beautiful!

Lynette said...

This could not be put together more perfectly, Leslie - gorgeous! Love the leaves, and the basket is so wonderfully highlighted. I don't know how you can do your stitching so well. You amaze me.

Cindy Beach said...

Scallops, stitching, polka dots, and a pretty basket, what's not to love! I'm amazed at all the layers and the beautiful dies working together. My favorite is the way you used the grass and bow to tie in a third color. Lovely!

nancy littrell said...

Wow...can't believe all your beautiful layered die cuts and gorgeous DSP die cut leaves in your pretty basket!! The perfect leaves sentiment on your sweet tag too. TFS your beautiful creation my friend:-) We got home last night after a 2 day, 10 hour and 11 hour drive. I did get lots of knitting done, while Denny did all the driving:-) Hugs..

pam said...

Beautiful card using die cuts Leslie, gorgeous papers used for your leave`s in this wonderful basket.
Pam x

Yogi said...

pretty. Interesting combo of papers. I even have that die set... Have a great day

CherylQuilts said...

Leslie, this is beautiful, and I LOVE that you've used only dies and one wee stamp! Great inspiration with the leaves, and the basket is beautiful with the shading! I really love that one! Beautifully done, as always! Hugs!

KimCreate said...

Leslie, I adore this card! I love the great dimension of the the basket of leaves and the grasses coming out the sides! Great stitching too!

Pauline said...

Leslie, you are so creative! This is amazing! I love your interpretation of the inspiration board. Love everything about your card today - all the layers, and die cuts - just fabulous!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a great card - I love the color combination. I know what you mean when you say you need to have something and don't use it that often. When unpacking I found 2 stampsets that I thought were a must have and never put ink to them! You have a great collection of dies! I also love your stitching. It is always perfect!

aussie aNNie said...

Love your creativity, colours and design. Your card wasn't up when I popped in yesterday, those time zones.xxx [aNNie]

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, love the patterns in the leaves and your basket is very cute and looks great to hold your Autumn leaves! I see you using this around Easter in the spring too :) Or poinsettias for Christmas :) such a cute sentiment to go with it

Maureen Chandler said...

Your card is delightful!!! I've been obsessed with leaves lately too - probably because they are so beautiful here in NH! Thanks for sharing!

Stacy Morgan said...

Leslie these leaves look great and I like them in the basket. Such a great fall feeling card.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's wonderful and what a fabulous design! Love that little basket!

Kathy Krug said...

The leaves are so great in the pretty papers. How fun to put them in the basket. Gorgeous as always.

Donna Ellis said...

ooooh, Leslie! Your colors are FABULOUS! I love that combination, so pretty, and I don't believe I've seen it very often (if ever), so it is a new-to-me LOVE! Gorgeous. And your take on the challenge is amazing with the printed papers and stitching. Sweetness is this clever card! A basket of warmth and cinnamon cider hugs! xx

Lisa Lara said...

WOW Leslie! Stitching and everything. I love how you were inspired. This is just so beautiful, I love your paper piecing.

laurie said...

Beautiful Leslie! I LOVE the stitching and patterned leaves...awesome card!

Carol L said...

I love all the details, especially the stitching that gives this a real homespun feel! Loving those old SU! papers that you made the leaves from and how the greenery matches that cute little bow! Great sentiment too on this wonderful card!

Mac Mable said...

Love all the fun die cuts on this fabulous card. I thought you captured the inspired of the brown leaves on the top right of the mood board perfeclty. Thank you for the inspiration x

Donna Phelan said...

How fabulous! That basket is delightful filled with those gorgeous leaves in such pretty prints! The background dies and stitching are awesome! Love your sweet little sentiment and tag! Gorgeous! (sorry I am so late in commenting, I have baby Fever lol)

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is so beautiful and absolutely gorgeous Leslie! Your cards are always so unique and this one is no exception. I love the leaves from the patterned paper - so very pretty!

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE what you have done with this challenge. Great idea to die cut the leaves from that patterned paper. I really like the blue background too, and that die cut basket is perfect. Fabulous card!