Friday, October 20, 2017

Enjoy Life and Coffee

Okay, here's one last card for the week and it's an easy one.  It's not "clean and simple", but it was simple to make -- just layered die cuts, a stamped sentiment, designer paper, and a bit of ribbon.  It's another card to include in the batch for my friend.  I do think it would be cute with a Starbucks gift card enclosed.




I'm pretty excited that I used ribbon again.  I'm like the little bird pecking away at the mountain.

The CUTplorations Coffee Cup Silhouette die is on loan from my friend, Nancy.  Thanks, Nancy!  I was only going to cut a couple to have on hand before she came back to reclaim the die, but the card just sort of made itself once the die was cut.  The designer paper is old, old, old from Stampin' Up!, and the sentiment is from Power Poppy's "Short Stacks" set.  I'll sum it all up in the recipe below.

Take care of yourself, stay well, and have a happy day!



Stamps:  Power Poppy "Short Stacks" sentiment  Paper:  Shimmery Ivory, Ruby Red, retired Stampin' Up! designer paper  Ink:  Ruby Red  Accessories:  Ribbon, CUTplorations Coffee Cup Silhouette, Taylored Expressions Stitched Rectangle Stacklets, Paper Smooches Hearts, Scotch brand foam mounting tape

17 comments:

Diane said...

Super cute card and look how perfect that ribbon is for it and the little heart..it all flows so beautifully and a great die too!! I have the SU paper too, I love using some of my older things to look new...what a fun card!

Darnell said...

I love it, Leslie! It would be a perfect as a coffee gift card holder! Hugs, Darnell

nancy littrell said...

Love your die cut coffee cup from your polka dot DS, Leslie. I think I still have some a bit of that fun DSP. Your card is perfect for a coffee gift card. Your friend will love it for her stash. TFS my friend. Hope to see you soon...you make me want to use my die again:-) Hugs

Darlene said...

Such a fun creation Leslie! Love the color combination and yes! perfect as a Starbucks gift card holder! Thanks for the reminder ... I need to pick up a gift card for a friend who did such a kind favor for me! And she loves Starbucks!

Cindy Beach said...

Love this, Leslie! I feel a CASE coming on! It is so great that you often use your supplies from the past and it reminds me how wonderful they look on cards. You inspire me to do the same. Now, if only I hadn't given away that pretty DSP.

Cindy Beach said...

Note to Nancy- Do you think she'd let me borrow that fun die, lol?

Yogi said...

cute card and die. I guess we're on the same wave length - I'm working on a coffee card... Have a great day

Kathy Krug said...

Such fun papers, and great coffee cup die. Love the heart ribbon and how you included the heart at the side.
You are right perfect for a Starbucks gift card.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What an adorable card. I love the cup die. Yes, it would be perfect with a gift card. The polka dot paper is so cute . Have a great weekend.

pam said...

Love how your using dies and pretty paper Leslie! and what a fabulous die design cup & saucer.
wonderful colours too.
Hugs Pam x

Pauline said...

Oh my I love your card. Coffee cards are so 'in' right now. I too love that bit of ribbon, it works perfectly. The paper choice you used for the die cut coffee mug makes this fun. I too have some of this paper. And I agree a Starbucks gift card would be perfect. A nice fun card to have on hand, your friend will love this! Enjoy the weekend.

Evelyn S. said...

It's just cute as can be! Love the layered die cuts...and the die is special, perfect with that sentiment!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

That is one fantastic die...Great card Leslie. This is why we never throw stuff away. Old or not, the paper works great with all the other elements on your card. Cheers.

Conniecrafter said...

I would say that is perfect for a coffee gift card :) I like the paper you chose to cut it out with too and for the background, cute ribbon to go with it too. I know what you mean about just pecking away at our supplies.

Donna Ellis said...

Your coffee-ish design is so full of life and happiness, Leslie! I can smell the brew all the way in Florida! And those papers are pure happiness - especially the dots perfect aligned in your frame. Wonderful card! hugs, de

Glenda said...

Again I'm late and I'm sorry! This card would be perfect to me as I love my coffee! Super cute and I love the die cuts!

Ros Crawford said...

Those colours are so perfect together and your card is wonderful!