Tuesday, August 2, 2016

SEASON'S GREETINGS!

Okay, wrong season, I know, but I'm getting a start.  For years I've told myself I would make a good portion of my Christmas cards with dies only.  In so doing I would be able to make quite a few cards quickly and still have time for coloring some old favorites as well as the inevitable new Christmas stamps I collect each year.  I've not been good about listening to myself, but this year I resolve anew.
Well... then I saw the White on White Challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters, and I dashed into my stamp room and made this card in about ten minutes using two dies and an embossing folder.
Yes, it's simple and it's a lot of white, but, hey, at least there's not much that can go wrong with a card like this.  We were to use no color at all for the challenge.  Not even the sentiment.
  • The deer is Tutti Scrolly Deer Edge.  The snowflakes on the body would pop out, but I left them in place and applied Stickles Stardust glitter to them as well as other spots, as you can see in the photo.
  • The sentiment is Impression Obsession Holiday Bottom Word Edgers.  I cut it with a narrow edge and applied sparkly fun flock.
  • I embossed the front of a Neenah 110 lb card base with a Darice embossing folder called Corner Scroll Background.  It's not a Christmas folder, but I think it looks like the deer is walking into a blizzard.  I had to turn the folder to the deboss side in order to position the pattern on the right.
Most of my Christmas cards will have some color, but I do love white on white and I especially love how quickly this came together.
Have a great day!

18 comments:

Pauline said...

Gorgeous! WOW 10 min you say! Well done. Love white on white, love the debossed swirls and of course the deer ( I almost bought this one!). Love your finishing touches with glitter and fun flock. As you can see I love everything about this. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful card.
Enjoy your day.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

I love the white on white. I don't do that very much, but I think it is striking! You are making me think about Xmas cards!

Lynette said...

So gorgeous, Leslie! Love the white on white.

Darlene said...

WOW! Absolutely GORGEOUS and FAST TOO!! Well done! Thanks SO MUCH for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘WHITE on WHITE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Yogi said...

very nice. very effective. Have a great day

Joan Fricker said...

Leslie. this is stunning. Love you glitter and the design is perfect. Great job.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Sherri said...

Absolutely gorgeous! That embossing folder was just the perfect touch to bring it all together and add extra interest to that corner. Totally stunning!

Unknown said...

LOVE !! this card and you have given me the push I needed to also get started on my Christmas cards. I have challenged myself to make each card different this year in order to actually use a majority of the Christmas themed goodies I have accumulated. Novel thought, eh? :) Thanks for the inspiration !
Lu C

pam said...

Gorgeous white on white Christmas card Leslie! love the tutti deer and embossed corner.
Pam x

Ros Crawford said...

WoW is a challenge that I dread but you have rocked it!! Fabulous card!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Conniecrafter said...

Isn't it fantastic when a card comes together quickly and looks this terrific!! Love that border deer, and you are right that embossing folder is perfect look of swirling snow, Beautiful job of this white on white card!

Evelyn S. said...

I LOVE white on white! This is a terrific Christmas card. I've never tried combining an embossing folder with a die. The technique works beautifully on this card.

Stacy Morgan said...

Woot woot... another one done, yes! ;-) I like the white on white ofcourse, the texture and die cuts are awesome. Very pretty!

Diane said...

Beautiful card and the embossing folder looks like it was made purposely just for the die...clever idea to add the sparkle to the deer snowflakes, too! So fun to see you join us at The Sisterhood...come back often, it is one of my favorite challenges as I get to use any of my 'stuff' I want..lol!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

There is no such thing as the wrong season for Christmas. Bring it on! Lovely card!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful and magical, Leslie! Very elegant and festive. Hugs, de

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ah, so clean and pure. I love an all white card. Great job photographing it, too! They can be such a challenge.