Monday, August 8, 2016

IT'S PARTY TIME!

Hey, it's probably party time somewhere, isn't it?  The truth is, I used up all my birthday cards in July so I set about making more.  Then it turns out I have only one August birthday.  There goes all those cute summertime birthday cards I'd planned to make.  I suppose I could start preparing for next year, but I figure this one will work regardless the season.
 
 
 
 
I used three images and a sentiment from Power Poppy's new Party Time clear stamp set.  I do love a set where everything works together so well.  I gave this one a lot of the clean white space I fancy sometimes, but it's still very colorful.  There's sugary gumdrops on the cake and shimmer on the ribbons and banner and the candle glow.
 
 
 
 
You can see the Wink of Stella shimmer a little better in the photo below.  I know that you know it's much prettier in real life.
 
 
 
The yellow package was dotted with a white gel pen.  My color choices came from a pad of designer paper which I decided not to use after all.  The frame is simply an oval cut in the center of the cross stitch panel.  I think that covers it.  I'll list supplies below.  Have a happy day!
 
 
Stamps:  Power Poppy Party Time  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics for coloring  Accessories:  Stickles Stardust glitter, Wink of Stella, Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders, Spellbinders Grand Ovals, Scotch brand foam mounting tape

17 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

I don't think this could be prettier!! It's so beautiful! Love love love the colours, the design, everything! Oh and I pinned it too!

Joan B said...

absolutely delightful. I love those colors and the design with that little banner is perfect

Pauline said...

I'm sure it is party time somewhere and the recipient of this card will squeal with delight! Beautiful Leslie, love the fun bright colours, your complete layout and your eye for details. Love the banner in the corner and all that glitter is a must have on a birthday card. Thanks for inspiring us today Leslie, enjoy your day.

Sherri said...

This is just cute as a button! LOVE the color choices you went with! It looks so bright & cheerful and that corner banner just ties it all together! Of course, your coloring is beyond perfect! Awesome card!!

Yogi said...

pretty coloring. love those images. Have a great day

pam said...

Love the colour choices Leslie, beautiful stamps and love your circle cutout in the rectangle. fabulous card.
Pam x

Lisa Dolson said...

Love this card! But, then I love all of your cards! Sweet colors!

Lynette said...

Another amazing card, Leslie! I always love to see your coloring - such an inspiration. Love the die cuts, too.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh yes I can see the sparkle, this card would be fantastic any time of the year that's for sure!! Fantastic coloring, love how you cut out the banner and cake too!

Evelyn S. said...

Your coloring is simply amazing, in my eyes! Beautiful! Your choice of images is perfect for your coloring skills, too. This card is darling.

Darlene said...

Such an awesome birthday card ... SURE to bring a smile! And, what a great way to share the colors you've used on your 'always perfect' coloring! GREAT job ... I ALWAYS find inspiration when I visit your blog ... thanks!

Stacy Morgan said...

ACK!! This is such a fun and cheerful birthday card. The colors are fresh and pretty. Wonderful window into the presents and the cake looks yummy!

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful, beautiful! It's bright, cheerful, eye catching sparkly and creative!!

Susie said...

Leslie, when I saw this piece I immediately enlarged the photographs to enjoy the card even more. I adore this card - what a clever, creative, and celebratory design too. I love the piece of cake outside the window but still off the mat (nice dimension) and great transition to the presents. Simply the best!

Katie Sims said...

OH my goodness, Leslie...I don't know how I missed this beauty but I did! I spied it on Pinterest today and realized it was one of YOUR beauties and had to pop on over to tell you just how much I love this card! How smart of you to use THREE! of the images on this and you are right....they do all go together so wonderfully. I think my very favorite part is all of the white space you left (very smart!) and the sweet pastel color scheme you used (genius!). I once again bow to the card making master! Hugs to you, Leslie!

Katie Sims said...

OH my goodness, Leslie...I don't know how I missed this beauty but I did! I spied it on Pinterest today and realized it was one of YOUR beauties and had to pop on over to tell you just how much I love this card! How smart of you to use THREE! of the images on this and you are right....they do all go together so wonderfully. I think my very favorite part is all of the white space you left (very smart!) and the sweet pastel color scheme you used (genius!). I once again bow to the card making master! Hugs to you, Leslie!

Traci M said...

Leslie, isn't this the prettiest birthday card!! It somehow reminds me of childhood and the magic of brightly wrapped presents, bows, swirly pink frosting....just love this!!