Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Fall Birthday

I'm back again with another birthday card.  This one is for a guy friend whose birthday is at the end of September.  I thought it was a good time for a fall card.  I did no coloring whatsoever, but I used a lot of ink.  All the leaves were cut from saffron cardstock and ink sponged on using a sponge dauber.  Just going for a manly look.
 
 
 
 
The "happy birthday" was die cut three times and layered for dimension.  The top layer is 110 lb Neenah white, which I like for die cuts because of its thickness.  I coated the Neenah with Versamark ink and embossed with an old favorite Vintage Verdigris embossing powder.  Under that is a layer of SU! Glorious Green, and then I shadowed with a copper satin metallic cardstock.
 
 
 
 
I've made a list and I'm checking it twice for my card making needs so I can get ahead and start on Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas cards.  This is a busy card making time of year!  I'll see you again on Friday.  Take care!
 
 
Stamps:  None  Paper:  Naturals Ivory (card base), SU! So Saffron and Really Rust (leaf and branch die cuts), Neenah 110 lb white, SU! Glorious Green, copper satin metallic (HB die cut), Elizabeth Craft Through the Lens Wood Series designer paper  Ink:  Leaves -- SU! So Saffron, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa.  Versamark for HB die cut  Accessories:  Vintage Verdigris embossing powder  Dies:  Paper Smooches Happy Birthday and Foliage 1, Taylored Expressions Mega Leaves, Dee's Distinctively Sm. Pair of Leaves, Memory Box Hayden Twigs

17 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh so gorgeous!! I love the wood BG with your beautiful foliage!

Joan B said...

wow this is gorgeous. how's wally?

Pauline said...

I agree, so gorgeous! A fabulous fall masculine card you have created. Love all the elements on this, also like the idea of starting with so saffron for your base layer on the leaves and then add colour. Lots of different textures and layers makes this very pleasing! Thanks for sharing another beautiful creation, looking forward to Friday's post. Enjoy your day.

Diane said...

Beautiful..great background for the leaves and for a guy as well! The leaves look just like real ones (which we will be seeing here in a few months)!! Smart to gt ahead with your cards...I just did my daughter's card for her Oct birthday..she is a photographer. You know, I have lots of fall/halloween stamps and 'stuff' but never seem to get to use them much, so I need to follow your lead and get busy!!

Yogi said...

gorgeous card. Love Els through the lens papers. Love the leaves. have a great day

nancy littrell said...

No one does Fall themed cards as well as you Leslie! I love your textures, colors and gorgeous Fall leaves. Your card will be treasured my friend. TFS. Hugs, Nancy

Darlene said...

PERFECT Fall Guy card Leslie! LOVE the sponging you have done ... a manly work of art for sure!! And I need to remember to 'stack' my die cut sentiments like you've done here ... looks awesome! Thanks once again for some amazing inspiration ... YOU ROCK GIRLFRIEND!!!

pam said...

What a great male birthday card Leslie! never though to use leaves and wood-grain background..fabulous colours and Happy Birthday too.
Pam x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, wow, Leslie, this is fabulous! I love the masculine fall theme, and you've really made quite the handsome card. He's going to LOVE it! I love all the great dies you've used and how you've sponged the fall colors! Oh my, it reminds me of the days up north. I loved the change of colors and would go out to a special place near a beautiful, country (and small) river, and we would take LOTS of photos! Some of my favorites were when there was lots of rich yellow and the big trees would hang over the river. I actually remember a fun photo of my hanging/sitting from a tree and getting my photo shot. What fun and great memories this card brings. Love it, my friend, and I so admire your getting ahead with your cards. I need to do the same. Hugs! xoxo

Sherri said...

Awesome guy card....awesome ANYONE card! Love the simplicity of those gorgeous leaves against the woodgrain. You have such a genius for design! He is going to LOVE this card!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

This is a really good masculine card. I really like the idea of die cutting the sentiment 3 times for dimension - I am definitely going to remember that! I'm sure your friend will like the thought you put into the card.

Shannon White said...

Perfect Guy card!! Love the Fall colors you shaded the leaves with! they look Awesome against the Woodgrain BG too! Just Perfect!

Hugs
Shannon

Lynette said...

Fabulous, Leslie! I love the colors you used on your leaves - amazing!

Stacy Morgan said...

Great masculine card, those leaves look awesome.

Maureen Chandler said...

This is a wonderful card for the men in my life - husband, 4 sons, 3 brothers, brothers-in-law, etc. Thanks so much for sharing your work!!

Conniecrafter said...

Perfection!!! Love the coloring/inking you did on the leaves, the wood background looks great with them too, great masculine card

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

I love Autumn and I love this card. Is it your garden that inspires you with these ideas? I give this 10 loves!