Friday, June 28, 2024

Feelin' Sketchy

Hello again!  After two-in-a-row Christmas posts (and another coming soon), I thought I'd better do some flowers lest I forget what season we're in.  I kept it quick and clean and simple because I was short on time, but it was as much fun and infinitely more liberating than a fancied up complex card.

I combined my never-before-used, bought-on-sale Pinkfresh Floral Envelope set (sans envelope) with the current Sunday Stamps Challenge -- Feelin' Sketchy.



With minimal layers I followed the sketch to the letter.  Copic colored and cut with the matching dies, I popped up the flowers, but glued the stem and bow knot flat.  I'm loving my Nuvo drops a lot lately and had the perfect color to match.  I like to give the bigger drops a solid thwack on the backside of the card to flatten them, but the teensy drops stay more pearl-shaped.  Cute!

Linking up here: 

Sunday Stamps Challenge 338 -- Feelin' Sketchy
NBUS Challenge #63 -- My never before used schtuffs are the Pinkfresh Floral Envelope and matching dies.


 


That was fun!  Have a lovely weekend!


Stamps:  Pinkfresh Floral Envelope with matching dies  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 80 & 110 lb, ancient My Mind's Eye designer paper  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black  Coloring:  Copics  Other:  Nuvo Neptune Crystal Drops, Scotch brand foam mounting tape, SU retired Subtle embossing folder (on card base, probably not showing in photo), Memory Box Stitched Scalloped Circles, Taylored Expressions Stitched Rectangle Stacklets, Poppystamps banner die (from a sentiment set)


15 comments:

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

This is such a pretty card. I'm partial to a scallop as a backdrop which was perfect for your gorgeous flowers. They look so pretty! Jeannie and Jennifer flew home last night and are coming up for a visit later. We can hardly wait to see them. Have a great weekend!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card Leslie,love the beautiful bunch of flowers against the pretty die-cut circle---beautiful
Carol x x x

stampwithamyk said...

How pretty!! Love the flowers and the pretty layers! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Lisa Elton said...

I do love the way your pretty little flowers pop off that gray polka dot background! This is a delightful card, Leslie!

Yogi said...

very pretty. Have a great day

Diane said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!! LOVE the subtle gray dotted background, it sets off those florals beautifully! What a stunning card this is and I had a chuckle about the 'thwack' on the Nuvo!!

Marcia Hill said...

I love, LOVE polka dots, so your background brought me in right away Leslie, and then those bright and beautiful blooms on top cinched the card for me! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Margaret said...

Such a beautiful card. I love a big bouquet of spring flowers. The drops go perfectly with your background,

Cindy Beach said...

I enjoy your cards for any season, but love this summery delight! What a sweet bouquet. You say it's simply colored but there is such pretty dimension in those blooms! I tried your paper punched enamel dots yesterday but gave up and used gems. Thanks for showing these great results with the Nuvo drops. I'm inspired to pull mine out again! So beautiful, Leslie!

Bonnie said...

What a pretty summer bouquet, Leslie! Love the bright flowers and the sweet bow with drops to match! This is the perfect stamp for this sketch!

HilaryJane said...

It might have been quick for you but for me it looks far from it. It is juste beautiful and those Nuvo drops are perfect xx

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, this is such a darling bouquet and you've colored it just beautifully - as always!
You, my friend, are a pro 'thwack-er!'
=]

Birgit said...

So very sweet! What a pretty bouquet for this lovely feminine card.

Cat Craig said...

What a sweet bouquet, and that bow...love love love.

Melissa Grant said...

Love what you did with the sketch Leslie. Simple & lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps.