Friday, June 7, 2024

Happy Wishes Peony

First, a question:  If you are subscribed through follow.it are you seeing new and annoying ads that pop up in your face when you try to click through to the blog?  It's safe to click "go to article".  I'm talking with follow.it.  More on that later.  Thank you.

**************************

Hello again!  I'm happy to be here twice in one week.  Life is full of busyness lately, but I've got to have my crafty time, too.  The quickest kind of card for me to make is one with a large colored image and not a lot of other detail in the design.  The stamp does it all!

This is a Pinkfresh stamp -- Lush Peonies -- picked up on one of their sales a while back.  It's been waiting in the wings while I goof around with a lot of other stuff both in and out of my craft room.



It's very loosely colored with Tombow markers and blender, then blue ink added through a stencil to help highlight the image a bit more.  The enamel dots are actually 1/4" and 1/8"punched circles coated with Diamond Glaze.  They look more dimensional than they actually are and I love that.  I've done this many times in the past, but suddenly it's my new favorite thing.



I'm not even going to worry about the few times I colored outside the lines.

I won't take up more of your time, but I will link to the challenges I had in mind while making this card.

Triple B has a beautiful blue inspiration board, but they insist that anything goes as long as it includes a bloom, bird, or butterfly
The Four Seasons Challenge has switched to the summer months.  Anything goes as long as it's summer related.  Peonies bloom in early summer here.
Last, but far from least is NBUS Challenge #63.  My never before used schtuff is the Lush Peonies and the Sue Wilson Stacked Happy Wishes sentiment die.



  





Onward to the weekend.  Enjoy!



Stamps:  Pinkfresh Lush Peonies  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 hot pressed watercolor, SU Pixie Pink & Pink Passion  Ink:  Palette Noir, SU Bashful Blue  Coloring:  Tombow markers & blender  Other:  Sue Wilson Stacked Happy Wishes, Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangles (largest die with no hemstitch), Penny Black Background Basics Stencil, 1/4" & 1/8" circle punches, JudiKins Diamond Glaze

25 comments:

Glenda said...

I do love pretty flowers and find your coloring to be perfection! I'm also impressed with your pretty green dots and they do look very dimensional! I'm afraid today is a mowing day for me after all the rain we have had! No cardmaking in sight!

Birgit said...

Your coloring is perfect on this beautiful card! What a clever idea of making your own enamel dots too. I'll have to try to remember this little trick!

crafty-stamper said...

I don't have a problem with ads but usually I link to your blog from my reading list.Gorgeous card and I love the beautifully watercoloured peonies.
Carol x

Diane said...

Wow, your peonies are gorgeous, I can almost smell them+!! Love the softness your coloring gave them, a beautiful stamp set that you have show cased to perfection! I just trimmed off the last of my peonies yesterday, our entire yard smelled of them at one time, love that!! My sister just went and picked out a golden retriever puppy yesterday, they get her on Sunday, they lost there other golden about 6 weeks back, this will be her third golden, I tried to talk her into a doodle but it was a no go LOL, can't blame her there!!

Margaret said...

This is so gorgeous! We had a number of peony bushes at the house where I grew up in the North. They were so pretty and about this color. Love your coloring and how you created those dots. So fun.

Yogi said...

Another Beauty... Have a great day

HilaryJane said...

This is so pretty, I love it. Your colouring is wonderful and I love the effect from adding the blue. Such a good idea. Your faux enamel dots are the perfect way to get exact colour matching. Hope life calms down a little for you soon xx

Marcia Hill said...

Yes, I have been seeing the annoying adds from follow.it too, but like you, I've learned to just click right through to the blog. Always something, isn't it?!! But now on to your card...it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Leslie!! Your coloring with the Tombows and blenders always amazes me my friend...soooooo pretty!! And I love the way you added the light blue in the background too! Lovely, lovely card! Oh, and I love the homemade enamel dots too...I will definitely have to try that!! Hugs. :0)

Barbara said...

And I am happy to see you twice in one week on this crafty blog. I love the free casual style to your summary looking card. Pennies always remind me of my grandmother‘s garden. I should really have some in mine. But when you spend so much time in Florida, and you’re only here for a short time, the gardening falls by the wayside. Thanks again for reminding me of good times.

I Card Everyone said...

Hello, beautifully colored card! We're seeing lots of gorgeous wild white roses blooming along our walking paths right now, Leslie - yours are even more beautiful in this lovely pink!
Your bit of blue always makes me wonder why I don't try this - it's just such a pretty addition along with your fun glazed dots!
Happy weekend, my friend!
=]

Bonnie said...

I'm seeing those pesky ads on all the blogs that I follow through Follow It! Very annoying, but that seems to be the norm these days. Your beautiful card is not annoying though! Your coloring makes a beautiful card! Love how you do your dots! I'll have to give that a try!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful card, the loose colouring is perfect for your peonies and what a gorgeous mix of pink and yellow.
I still tend to get to blogs via my blog list, but as Bonnie mentioned adds are a fact of life :(

My Paper Epiphany said...

So pretty!

Pauline said...

Oh my Leslie, such a beautiful floral card! Love your colouring, always done to perfection! The light blue inked through the stencil adds such a lovely backdrop, so pretty, as is your tiny 'happy wishes'. Gorgeous card Leslie! Have a wonderful day!

pam said...

Another of your beautifully coloured cards Leslie, love your stamp! peonies are my all time favourite flowers, just wish they lasted longer in our garden.
Pam x

Lynette said...

Such a cheery card, and so wonderfully colored. I love your "enamel dots!"

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Summer Challenge.

Loll said...

Adore the loose watercolouring of these gorgeous peonies, Leslie. The bright pink makes me happy! :) I really like the way you've defined the background area with the light sponging of blue ... have to remember that! xx

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a beautiful card. Your flowers are so pretty with the soft colors and the blue in the background. I like the looks of your circles using the Diamond Glaze. Great idea!

Conniecrafter said...

Another gorgeous coloring of beautiful flowers that you have brought to life! The sentiment looks great for being thick, I always have a hard time layering them up straight.

Sue from Oregon said...

This is a beauty Leslie. I love the stamp and pink sentiment tied to the card base. Very striking! 💕Sue K

Cindy Beach said...

I am in love with the loose coloring and bright shades on these peonies, Leslie! The pink and apple green were the colors of my bedroom as a teenager, so this makes me especially happy to see! The bit of blue is perfection! This card just oozes joy!

Ida said...

Beautiful card. - Today was my first time seeing that add and I wasn't sure why your blog wasn't coming up so I just went to it directly by typing your blog address in. I did follow up later and click on the thing that says to go directly to the post, that worked just fine.

Darnell said...

I don't think you do too much "goofing" around inside and outside of your craft room, my friend! You are always on the go and having fun, but you are also being productive! This is the kind of stamp I love, too. You did your usual brilliant job of coloring! Love the way you did the blue and the bling! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS!

As for follow.it, I follow blogs through it but prefer to use Feedly for my reader. There is an annoying large ad that first comes up for any of my follow.it friend's posts in the reader. (And often it is for toe fungus or something unpleasant!) Nevertheless, it's not that big a deal to just scroll down to see the card the person made, so no worries. Hugs, Darnell

Pam Sparks said...

So pretty and beautiful photos too Leslie!