Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Anemones and More

Hi and welcome!  Today's post is definitely one for my "mostly dies" category.  I played with my Memory Box Graceful Anemone and Anemone Bud Duo.  My goal was to keep it relatively clean, if not simple, and to use up some old designer paper.  I have a hard time getting past the "waste not, want not" philosophy and so I keep plugging away at it.  I ended up with rather a monotone-ish card.  Sometimes things just sort of happen on their own.

I cut in white and colored with Tombows, and punched gold mirror cardstock circles for embellishment.  The sentiment is The Ton Easy Expressions stamp set with matching die set.





The following cards were mean to be bonus cards, simply an effort to use the designer paper.  However, I put more time and effort into them than planned and I love them a lot.  The first is with Memory Box Sylvan Sprig, cut in PTI Ocean Tide, then coated with Versamark and clear embossed.  The wave is a Memory Box die, cut twice and layered with the underneath piece upside down.  More of the gold punched circles on this one.




Lots of wavy lines today.  You could get seasick, but I hope you don't.  Bonus card #2, below, has gold paint on the sprig and Diamond Glaze on the punched circles.  I added tiny gold dots with Nuvo Pale Gold Crystal Drops.  Older Spellbinders curved borders on this one.




The next card is fun with lots of homemade resin dots -- punched from the designer paper and coated with Diamond Glaze.  Memory Box Frieda Curve on this one, with a Cottage Cutz sentiment.  The sentiment is clear embossed.



Finally, Memory Box Freida Leaf with Spellbinders curve and Sue Wilson Creative Expressions sentiment.  More homemade resin dots and Nuvo drops.  The sentiment and leaf are both cut from PTI Ocean Tide cardstock, but the sentiment was coated with Versamark and clear embossed.  It's interesting how much it darkens when embossed.




I'll be sending my never-before-used anemones over to Darnell's NBUS Challenge #63.




Thanks for wading through this long post with me.  Brand new toys are fun, but it feels so comfortable to sit down and create with the oldies, too.  I love it all.  Have a wonderful day!



23 comments:

Glenda said...

You wound up with a bunch of wonderful cards! I think my most favorite thing of all is the sentiment (waving hello) It just speaks to me and then there is the beautiful sprig...I don't really have words for how much I love that. Hope you are enjoying the summer!

crafty-stamper said...

WOW all fabulous cards and love all the beautiful dies especially the beautiful anemone one.
Carol x

Birgit said...

All your cards are fabulous! And even better is that you used up quite a bit of what you have on hand. I'm all about using what I have right now. It can be so tempting to buy all the new things but at some point, one just has to learn to say "no" and use what one has. I'm always inspired by posts like this one to encourage me to do just that. Wonderfully done on all accounts, Leslie!

Yogi said...

WOW you've been busy. All lovely. love the anemone. I love the simplicity of all of them. Good for you using up stuff. I'm still trying... Have a great day

Margaret said...

Wow! You sure were busy with these cards. They are all super pretty. I love the designer paper. I would call it seafoam green. Love the simplicity but elegance of all of them.

Erikine spominčice said...

Beautiful cards.

Diane said...

Wow, all the cards are beautifully created with some of my favorite dies and what great designs to use some of the designer papers too, that anemone is downright gorgeous, they certainly have come out with some awesome dies and you turned it into a beauty!!

Bonnie said...

I love the old as well as the new too, Leslie! I love how you've used this paper with the anemones and all those gentle curves!

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful collection of cards. I love each and every one of them. Such good use of those wavy dies and your designer paper xx

Cindy Beach said...

I'm so happy to see the fun you've been having with these wonderful creations! I love seeing the elements combined and re-combined for each card with a great design! You are such a natural for using beautiful colors, papers and layouts. And I am inspired by you to love using my older supplies more often!

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, they are each beautiful in their own way! LOve the Anemone - and your wonderful coloring. All the die cuts are superb, and I didn't get one bit seasick, thank you!
This last one in my favorites shades of sage is my favorite today!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

What an AWESOME post Leslie and just filled with so much beauty! And YAY for using oldies, but goodies, and especially DSP!! I have a terrible habit of buying the DSP and then then rarely ever using it! Yes, I am a hoarder!! But anyway, all of these cards are just so pretty and I'm loving all the dots and curves too! Lovely, lovely cards and post my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous selection of cards, that Anemone one is a stunner. I love the wavy lines as the background to your foliage ♥

Ida said...

Oh WOW! All of these are amazing. I love the wavy die and your colors. Plus the punched gold accents and the ones you created with the designer paper and glaze. Super cool looking.

Vicky Hayes said...

These cards are a perfect gallery of gorgeousness Leslie! The curved die cutting makes beautiful backgrounds and you have embellished them beautifully with the flowers and leaves and decorations. You must feeling the satisfaction factor after using up the left overs too! Vicky x

Darlene said...

WOWZA! These are all just beautiful! Love the design on each & every one!! Your are always such an inspiration and again today you've given me the boost I need to get started! Hope you're doing well. HUGS

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a beautiful array of cards! It's amazing what affect a few dies and some DSP will have. I think the last two cards are my favorite. You are definitely building up your stash!

Darnell said...

That's very true, Leslie! We want to use both our NBUS and our neglected products. (Oh, oh, is there another aaackronym coming?!!) You've made such delightful designs using your dies and pp for us today! I love them all! Thank you for linking to NBUS again and for playing with die-week I.D.E.A.S.!📌

BTW, I have to correct what I wrote yesterday about follow.it. I looked at my inbox to double-check and it's not follow.it that has the large ads, it's Feedblitz! Sorry! Eek, I'm getting too old for this! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Beautiful cards Leslie. LOVE the gorgeous flower on your first card. The soft yellow with the teal leaves is a fabulous colour combo. As always, your use of patterned paper is inspiring. I love all the combination of your cards. Agree that it's great fun to play with older favs. :) xx

Anonymous said...

I loved them all, Leslie. What a great idea to punch different sized circles from mirrored gold cardstock. The bonus cards were truly a big bonus to view. Lovely lines run through a beautifully balanced design.

Susie Lessard ~

Lynette said...

Oh wow, Leslie - I love them all!! Very cool that you make those dots, and also adding Versamark and clear embossing powder on the die cuts! In my card parts, I have some curvy-edged pieces that I need to use up. I also like your "waste not- want not" attitude! I keep needing to use up things, but I'm working on it. :-)

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow these are all just gorgeous, I do love the details on the flower in the first one. The neat way you layered the curve dies together, really like the color contrast you have in the second card.
So love the gold touches you have on the leaves in the 3rd and the sentiment on that wavy banner is perfect! I love how you used the same paper for your drops in the last two, ties everything together perfectly and such pretty patterns on them too!

Pauline said...

Darn girl, you certainly were on a roll to use up some of your DP papers. So many beautiful and elegant cards, well done! The Anemone card is gorgeous! Have a wonderful day Leslie.