Sunday, June 9, 2024

Sophie's Good Times

Hi!  It feels like a Sophie kind of day on the blog.  She's growing up fast, as all kids do -- ten months old in a couple of days.  Our adventures are a lot more frequent and enjoyable now that it's not raining as much, although these days it's mostly just me and Sophie tramping the trails.  It's a different experience, just the two of us, but I'm adjusting to the change, giving her a good life, and sharing her joy.

The first three pictures were taken around the backside of a beautiful little lake nestled at the foot of the sand dunes.  Sophie went swimming, but she loved the sand the best.  Just like a little kid.


I lost track of how many times she ran up and down this sand dune.


Bottoms up!


She stopped long enough for me to capture a pic of her happy puppy face.


Next up is a place we go frequently.  It's always best at low tide because there's so much room to run on the clean gravely beach.  She loves to swim here as well, but I keep her close to shore when the tide is changing.


Running on the bay shore.


Pictured below is a favorite place where we can walk (run) for miles.


There is endless fun to be had on the backside of the bay.


Hanging around home is not so bad, either.  Yesterday Sophie played in her backyard pool and helped me plant flower pots.  She's learning her boundaries and is now able to spend more time in the much larger unfenced property as well.   She ran here and there, visiting neighbors and charming all the passersby.  Of course, it was all under my supervision.  It took a long time to plant three flower pots, but as Sophie matures I'll appreciate the time I invested in her puppyhood.


The littlest things can be the most fun.


Playtime on the lawn with neighborhood friend, Lynus.

I'm glad you could stop by for a visit with me and Sophie.  Crafty stuff will resume shortly.  Have a happy day!


24 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

I love seeing the photo's of Sophie growing up, Goldens are the best :)

crafty-stamper said...

Love all the happy photos of Sophie loveing her life-enjoy.
Carol x

Loll said...

AWWWW ... I'm so happy to see your playday with Sophie. What fun the two of you had. You can't help but smile when you see that face!! Thank you for brightening my day Leslie! Love, Loll

Yogi said...

wonderful pics. She looks like she's enjoying herself.
I went out to sit in my garden but we still have windy/chilly weather, so I didn't last long. Have a great day

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

It was so pleasant to see your post with Sophie! She is definitely having a great time outdoor. She is growing so nicely. Thanks for sharing1

Lynette said...

Wonderful photos! How fun! Sophie is SO lucky to have you. :-)

Marcia Hill said...

Sophie is definitely living the good life and I love that you're sharing her puppyhood and growth with us! I just love that sweet, sweet face...please give her a big hug from me!! ❤️❤️❤️

Sue from Oregon said...

Enjoyed joining in your walk with Sophie! Puppies are a lot of work, but so cute and such good companionship. My little one is 11 now but always looks forward to our daily walk! 💕Sue K

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing Sophie with all of us! Love seeing her grow up!

Birgit said...

I so enjoy seeing all the wonderful pictures of your sweet Sophie! Puppyhood and playtime are the best! Seeing all these pictures make me miss my Dixon, who's been gone now for three years. Sophie is an absolute gem and I'm so glad you share her antics with us.

Margaret said...

These photos are all so gorgeous. Sophie is such a pretty little girl. I love the one of her running on the backside of the bay. She looks so free and having such fun.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, Leslie, I am smiling so big. Thank you for sharing Sophie's adventures with us, she is such a beautiful fur baby. You are giving her the best, charmed life. I thank you, and Sophie thanks you too!!! XO~

Bonnie said...

Thanks for sharing your adventures with Sophie! She has the sweetest face and I can't help but want to give her a big hug. You too for sharing your space!

Evelyn S. said...

Sophie has a happy existence...and she's a darling pup!

I Card Everyone said...

What fabulous places the two of you go, and it looks like a wonderful time you had with that little girl, Leslie! Thanks for sharing it with all of us, too!
=]

Diane said...

Sophie sure is photogenic with her beautiful color and active personality! Fun to see her with her 'doodle' friend! Fabulous and fun photos, thanks for sharing!!

HilaryJane said...

Thanks for sharing these photos of your lovely Sophie. You are so lucky to have so many wonderful places to visit nearby and a wonderful garden too. I am glad you are able to enjoy it all xx

Cindy Beach said...

I loved seeing Sophie in action at some of your stomping grounds, Leslie. What a wonderful life you are offering her!

Ida said...

She's just the cutest thing. Love seeing her. The sand would be so fun to play in.

Vicky Hayes said...

Darling Sophie! What a happy post with photo after photo of your sweet girl radiating joy! Everything is so much fun to her isn't it! Thank you for sharing Leslie. Vicky x

Darlene said...

OMG ... she's growing so fast and look at that face ... what a beauty!!

Conniecrafter said...

I hope all is well with your hubby, I am glad to hear that you are having better weather though and you are able to get out and enjoy it with Sophie. You can see she has the time of her life and I am sure is just thrilled when you two get out and about. So neat that she has friends to play with too.
Take care, hugs!

Pauline said...

Leslie, thank you for sharing these lovely photos of Sophie! Makes my heart smile! I can't believe it's been 10 months already, she is a beautiful Golden! She certainly is enjoying her life with you and Rich. Love the 'bottoms up' photo, so sweet! Take care,

nancy littrell said...

Aaahh......such fun seeing how much fun you and Sophie are having on the beautiful Oregon Coast:-) We are having fun too on our place with our walks and working outside everyday:-) We need to at least catch up via phone:-) I am outside working, walking, playing everyday, which has been wonderful:-) Can we have a catch up phone visit soon? When would a day and time be good for you? Love and Miss you, dear friend. Hi to all the family:-) My schedule is pretty flexible...TFS all the adorable photos of growing and learning sweet Sophie:-) Hi's to you and Rich:-)