Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Double D Challenge: Pick Three

 


Hi!  Double D Challenge day is here again, and Diane is asking for something old, something new, something borrowed and/or blue.  It does not have to be a wedding card.  Check out the inspiration board and the prize that's up for a random winner.   I'm sure you know we have creative winners, too.


 

I always use a lot of old and new together on my cards, and in this case the oldest of the old is the Bordering Blue Stampin' Up ink which I brushed onto the center oval.  That ink pad is circa 2004, maybe older.  The oval frame and the happy birthday sentiment go back to 2016.  At that time I was new-ish to the world of decorative dies.  I'd used basic shapes, but not much in the way of anything else.  Well, we all know what that led to.



The new (to me) is Memory Box Clara Blooms and Nestled Chickadees.  I don't have anything borrowed on this card, but I do have three shades of blue.  Coloring is a mix of ink blending, water spritzing, and coloring with Tombow markers.



Other dies are listed below my signature.

This is a fun challenge and I hope you can play along with us.  I'd love to see your old, new, borrowed and/or blue.  The team has some inspiring cards to show you at Double D.  I'm eager to hop around and get their back stories, too.

Take care, and have a wonderful day!


Dies:  Memory Box Clara Blooms, Nestled Chickadees, Vibrant Leaf Corner, Oval Master Frame, Poppystamps Happy Birthday Melody


18 comments:

Glenda said...

Wow! This is amazing! Such sweet little Chickadees and florals. I'm impressed with the sentiment die cut and think it is a perfect way to top off the card!

Birgit said...

This card is pure delight for the bird lover!! Those chickadee's are darling. They're my favorite bird with their lighthearted song and friendly demeanor. The leafy frame and flowers bursting in blue, this is just lovely!!!

Vicki said...

What a sweet, delightful design, Leslie! Those little chickadees have a happy tune going. Love all of your awesome dies especially the floral and border dies. The dark blue musical staff is a perfect touch.

Marcia Hill said...

I almost wish it was my birthday so this card could come to me Leslie...it's absolutely delightful!! Those chickadees are so sweet and I'm loving the whole design layout of this card too! Beautiful flowers, the music notes,all of it...LOVE!!! Hugs. :0)

Barbara said...

There are so many interesting images on this card. I love the chickadees and that musical score die is amazing, and I have not seen it before, but love it on your card.

I Card Everyone said...

I love the tune your Chickadees are singing, Leslie! What a wonderful mix of old and new - all beautiful!
I have two SU ink pads from at least 2004 - they still work!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Sweet use of the prompts, Leslie.

Bonnie said...

Love the pretty blue flowers and sweet chickadees, Leslie! And that Happy Birthday die sings! What a fun challenge and you aced it!

Judy Woodland said...

Well this could NOT be any sweeter. All your wonderful die cuts are colored perfectly, and your little birds are amazing. And then that musical die cut to top it off. Just GENIUS, that is all!!!

Donna Phelan said...

What a gorgeous frame, love the pretty posies too! That HB musical note stance looks amazing too! And your sweet little birthday chickadees--too cute! This has it all--in a very good way!

Margaret said...

Gorgeous! I love the leaf frame you used and the flowers are so pretty. I do have that Happy Birthday die and have used it a few times. Love what you've done.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

I love what you did with this challenge. Your birds and flowers are so pretty together and your frame just finishes off so well! Bordering Blue was always one of my favorite colors. I have that HB die. I have to go and find it!!

Yogi said...

Lovely. All the elements come together so beautifully. Love the colors.
Sorry took so long to get to you but I've been watching Workshop Week 2024 every day/all day. and not on my normal computer which has my sign in's... Have a great day

Diane said...

A beautiful inspiring card for our challenge, I love love those chickadees tucked in, another gorgeously designed card!! Perfect use of all of your elements that look like they were all made for each other!!

Pauline said...

Leslie, you always create such amazing cards, and with challenges, you pull out all the stops and nail it! This is so beautiful! Love the frame and how the chickadees just nestle in perfectly, with a few florals and the HB musical note just completes your card. Amazing once again!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, I so love the pretty framing of the card with those flowers and how you tucked the birds into the flowers and the musical notes border sentiment, such a fantastic way of putting all this together!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Lovely with all the pretty layers and doodahs! You have the knack for creating lovely scenes girl! 💕Sue K

Pam Sparks said...

Fabulous design Leslie! I love what you did here! I'm saving this! Pretty sure I have this music die and this is a wonderful card!