Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Guesting with Christmas Kickstart Challenge



Hello friends!  It was the nicest surprise when Jo invited me to be her Guest Elf at Christmas Kickstart Challenge #88!  A kickstart is exactly what I need this time of year when it comes to Christmas cards, and then once I get started I have all kinds of fun.  Thank you, Jo!



For the month of July we're doing Festive Frames.
I do love to dress up a frame!




In this case I made a wide frame by nesting some unrelated pinpoint dies.  I backed the frame with thin foam mounting tape and adhered it to the card.  When I was sure of where all the decorative elements would go, I stamped the sentiment panel and recessed it within the frame.





Then the fun part...  I Copic-colored one of my beloved Penny Black critters and cut her out.  Added a ric rac border for her to sit on, and pine bough corners overhead.  When I reached for my pine bough dies I found these in the envelope, already cut and stippled with white acrylic paint -- oh, happy day!  I added Diamond Glaze to the string of lights(?), and scattered homemade resin dots for extra fun and frivolity.  The sentiment, by the way, is from an Impression Obsession set.





Remember, those homemade resin dots are my new favorite thing -- punch circles of whatever size, then coat with glossy glaze.  It dries hard, sticks securely, and adds almost no dimension to interfere with mailing.  Love!

I hope you'll come join us at Christmas Kickstart Challenge #88 with your festive framed Christmas card.

Have a happy day!


Stamps:  Penny Black Christmas Fun, Impression Obsession Dear Santa  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# & 110#, CTMH Ponderosa Pine, red & green scraps for resin dots, scrap designer paper  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black  Coloring:  Copics  Dies:  Spellbinders Scored and Pierced Rectangles, Memory Box Pinpoint Double Frame, Poppystamps Wispy Pine Needle Corners, Taylored Expressions Ric Rac Borders  Other:  SU Subtle 3D embossing folder, 1/4" & 1/8" punches, JudiKins Diamond Glaze, Scotch brand foam mounting tape

14 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

So happy that you agreed to be our elf for July, Leslie! I love this card - the frame, the spruce, the doggie and the ric-rac border. Magical fun! Jo x

Birgit said...

hahaha! This card is super cute Leslie! I love the sentiment and that sweet little pup getting himself into trouble. You're the perfect candidate to be a guest elf. You're Christmas cards are always the cutest!

Yogi said...

Wonderful as usual even though it's Xmas... Brrrr Have a great day

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on being Guest Elf and love your gorgeous card,really cute image and snow branches.
Carol x

I Card Everyone said...

I don't believe it, and I don't think he'll fool Santa, either Leslie! LOL Oh, my goodness is he a cutie!
Congratulations on your GD gig with Jo - you're the perfect fit, my friend - and so is your wonderful pin-point frame!
=]

Vicky Hayes said...

Haha, what a great image and sentiment Leslie! Love the ric rac detail and those wonderful pine boughs - and isn't it great to find ready-coloured die cuts you'd forgotten you'd made! Vicky x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your Christmas light wrapped pup, Leslie!! So great with all the glossy dots and pine frame!!

Loll said...

So fun!! Made me smile, Leslie! :) LOVE this critter and I have been working with that set recently. LOVE all the special details you've added. xx

Marcia Hill said...

That pup is absolutely ADORABLE Leslie, and the sentiment totally made me chuckle! Loving all your awesome framing too! Sweet, sweet card my friend, and YAY for getting going on those Christmas cards!! And congrats on being GD!! Hugs. :0)

Christine Alexander said...

Congrats on being GD and Christmas Kick start, your card is so cool. I love your recessed sentiment and that adorable little puppy all wraped up in Christmas lights :)

Dawn T said...

Delightful card Leslie, Love the idea of the wide boarder.

Cindy Beach said...

Do you hear my hands clapping loudly while I squeal? You say this is simple, Leslie, but the details you put in to bring the sketch to life are super fun - I LOVE the rick rack border. And the pup, of course! Every little thing adds up to one amazing card!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your Guest Spot, Leslie! What a fantastic and fun Christmas card! The pup looks like he's having the best time and the framing couldn't be more perfect! I got a kick out of the sentiment! Such fun!

Lisa Elton said...

This mischievous little fella is too cute! Your card is delightful, Linda. Congrats on your well deserved guesting gig!