Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Double D Challenge: Basket Full of Posies



Hello, and welcome to another Double D Challenge.  Darlene's theme today is "Basket Full of Posies" -- basket, posies, or both!  See her pretty inspiration board:


 


In addition to our creative winners we have a prize for a random winner:






I love the idea of flowers in a basket, so I'm imagining my posies in a fancy little basket, although I believe it's supposed to be a pot.  No matter, I love it either way.  It's very simple and fun, loose coloring, bright papers, embellished with stamped flowers and punched hearts, loaded with cheer.



I cut a top fold card and embossed the front with a Basketweave folder.  The embossing is deeper than the photo represents.  See the straight stitch along the top of the image panel, and the cross stitch along the lower edge -- I used two different rectangle dies for that.  I miss doing real stitching on my cards, but I love the extra room on my desk top since I put the sewing machine in the closet.



All supplies for this card were pulled from the vault, and they're as much fun now as ever.  The scalloped border was made with the old Stampin' Up slit punch.  We go way back.  It cuts a slit for inserting a tab, but I've always used it for the scallops.

Do pop over to Double D and see the team's pretty posies.  We'd love to see yours, too.  Have a happy day!



Stamps:  Pink Petticoat Pretty Potties, Hampton Art Celebrate Life sentiment  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 80 & 110 lb, scraps designer paper  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black  Coloring:  Copics  Other:  Darice Basketweave embossing folder, SU slit punch for scallops, 3 in 1 heart punch, Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders, Taylored Expressions Stitched Rectangle Stacklets

24 comments:

Glenda said...

What a great card my friend! I love the crisp and clean feel to it and such lovely flowers. Beautiful borders too...well done you!

Birgit said...

Your card is whimsical and absolutely delightful, Leslie! I love the playful patterned papers you used and the scattered hearts and flowers. So incredibly sweet.

Darlene said...

OH how pretty and what a sweet design! Thanks for another fabulous DT project Leslie. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way!! HUGS

Yogi said...

Lovely card. Beautiful and simple. Love that word "smile". Good to see you here again. Have a great day

Lynette said...

So whimsical and pretty, Leslie! So many fun elements. I love that you have many "old" supplies. I was just experimenting with my "fancy" scissors the other day - I still have several designs of them. I'm quite certain I still have my slit punch, too. I don't think I ever used it for scallops.

Cindy Beach said...

Such a sweet bunch of posies on this pretty and colorful card. I love your repeated elements - the double rows of scallops, the stitched borders, and the lovely papers! This makes me smile, Leslie, thanks so much for sharing!

Margaret said...

This is so pretty. It really looks like Spring although it is summer here for sure. We have had a lot of rain lately to bring out the flowers. Great idea with the way to use that slit punch.

I Card Everyone said...

A tisket a tasket I love every bloom in your basket, Leslie!
AND that darling sweet SMILE!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I love the whimsy, the sweet papers and cheerful colors! This is perfectly delightful, Leslie!

HilaryJane said...

the trouble with putting the sewing machine away is that it doesn't come out again! That's what has happened to me anyway. Every week I think I will get it out, but somehow it just doesn't happen. Hey ho...
I love your card and how you have included so many different elements and yet they all fit together perfectly. So clever xx

Ida said...

Totally cute and sweet card. Love the pretty flowers, the scallops, faux stitching (that's my kind of sewing) and that great embossed background.

Bonnie said...

I love this fresh and whimsical card, Leslie! A wonderful combination of embossing, stamping and patterned paper!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwwww...what a sweet and whimsical pot of posies Leslie!! Your card definitely made me smile big time...the bright and beautiful blooms and all those lovely, lovely scallops too! FABULOUS card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Vicki said...

Delightful! Such a pretty design with all of the border layers. Love that smile stamp and embossed bottom. Always fun to pull something from the vault and put it to use again. Doesn't take long to forget what we have!

Barbara said...

I love the delicate look that you got, but it is so colorful and sweet! Those repeated rows of color really make it stand out. I hope all is well at your house.

Donna Phelan said...

Looks like a sweet little basket from here! Love the pretty little image and your overall design! The scallop die cut border is simply fab!

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely to see another of your sweet cards, I love how the posies are falling out of the basket and that little one at the top with the heart hanging is so neat on that border. I like the scalloped border below and yes I can see the embossing well in the close up, the basket weave was a great choice!
((Hugs))

Loll said...

This is such a sweet card Leslie. Love the mix of papers and your adorable, bright coloured images. Makes me smile! :) xx

Evelyn S. said...

Hi Leslie! Back home and checking card challenges again. When I saw this one, I said to myself..."I don't have any baskets...that I know of!" Then I saw your beautiful card. It's a great combination of colors and shapes. The scalloped edge is really special, especially with the two layers of patterns. Another darling card.

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh, this is such a sweet card. Loving the blooms and the sentiment font. So sweet. Anyone will be thrilled to get this beauty.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a great challenge and your card fits the bill! I too love flowers in a basket and yours look so pretty! I love the basket weave folder and the rectangle dies are great! Hope you have a great weekend!

Judy Woodland said...

Such a sweet card, I love your colors and all the elements here. Super cute, super adorable.

Donna Ellis said...

Pure Leslie Sweetness at its best! Loving the colorful, happy papers used for the borders, Leslie. I especially like the die cut that has stitching on one side and cross stitching on the opposite side. How interesting it makes the card! Your designs always contain the lightheartedness that we long for in this world. I can always count on SMILES upon visiting your dear crafting abode. I also like the little "dangling" heart you cut out for the top of the border. YES-SIR-REE - PURE DARLINGNESS. Thinking of you so fondly, my friend. love, de

Anonymous said...

Cutest ever card, Leslie!! It definitely makes me smile!