Saturday, May 20, 2023

Playing Cards with Michele

Oh, what fun, my bloggie friend, Michele (I Card Everyone), invited me to play cards with her today!  That means she gives us a to-do list and we each make a card following those specifics.  Then share on the assigned day.  It's the next best thing to being there!

Today is World Bee Day and here's our to-do list:

  1. Make a card that includes a honeybee.
  2. Flowers are welcome, but not necessary.
  3. Add a honeycomb, the color yellow, or black and yellow stripes.

I had just the thing:  A never-been-used Stampendous Bumblebee Happy stamp set.  Yes, they're bumblebees, but I did my best to make them appear as simply very plump honeybees.



They're well fed and a fully stocked honeycomb is evidence of that.  Surely they're not getting all their sustenance from those little white flowers?



All coloring was done with Copics.  I added Wink of Stella to their wings, and Stickles Stardust glitter glue to the flower centers.  Maybe you can see how their eyes are glossy little bubbles.  That's from an approximately 20 year old bottle of JudiKins Diamond Glaze.  The dies are oldies -- a flower border plus flowers from another die set which is super cute in its own right.



You probably know Michele -- sweet, funny, kind, and a talented card maker with a lean toward CAS.  I've been waiting quite a while to see her card.  I'm sure it's a sweet make, a honey of a card, a bee-u-tiful design...  Let's go look HERE.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by.  I hope you had fun, too!


Stamps:  Stampendous Bumblebee Happy  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White, black, Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black  Coloring:  Copics  Other:  Stickles Stardust Glitter Glue, Wink of Stella, JudiKins Diamond Glaze, Joy Crafts Happy Border die, Spellbinders Homespun (flower & leaves)

25 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

OH! These little guys are 'the bees' knees' Leslie! You've made them look very much like honeybees - I can almost hear their buzzing in that sweet comb!
When you told me you had just the stamp, I should have known it would be one in your NBUS stash. I'm so happy to have provided you an opportunity to use it as it's just too sweet to be left behind!
Just the right amount of twinkle, and an abundance of happy!
Thanks so very much for Playing Cards my friend!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Your plump little honeybees are so CUTE against that amazing honeycomb and all those bee-utiful flowers Leslie! Bee-utiful coloring too! And all the glitter and sparkle make this card really SHINE my friend! I'd say you definitely hit all the requirements on the "to-do" list and came up with a BEE-utiful card!! Hugs. :0)

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Leslie love the cute little Bees,honetcomb and the little flowers look perfect
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

It is brilliant and you nailed the brief perfectly xx

Lynette said...

What a sweet little card, Leslie! Great work on the challenge. (I, too, have Diamond Glaze. :-) )

Glenda said...

Happy Saturday Leslie! I love your fat little bees and the honeycomb looks like it is just dripping with honey. You definitely pulled this all together to make an adorable card my friend!

Yogi said...

cute. I think I even have something very similar... Have a great day and bee happy

Evelyn S. said...

It's a darling card...again, with so much wonderful detail! (I didn't know about the BEE DAY, but I think it has to be a good one.

Cat Craig said...

Oh my goodness, this is such a lovely card. YOur plump bees are so cute and the border of flowers is perfection. Looks like you had a great time playing with Michele.

Bonnie said...

Your plump bees remind me of the bees lying motionless on my lantana in the summer. I love their iridescent wings and the dimension of their eyes! The honeycomb is perfect and I love all those lovely white flowers!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Playing Cards With Friends is so much fun, and you have made the best of a great situation! Your card is so bright and cheerful. I love those chunky bees and their sparkly wings. The flowers are a perfect addition - love the combination of solid and outline die cuts. Great game!!

Conniecrafter said...

So sweet :) yes your bees look nice and plump, like how the sentiment fits perfectly inside the honeycomb and your lovely border is perfect with them and your flowers are such a pretty accent to it with their sparkle centers.
That is what I like about the two groups I am in when we have challenges we all follow the same rules and it's always fun to see what they come up with too.

Ida said...

Oh how adorably sweet is this card! Love all the wonderful details you added to make it extra special.

Margaret said...

What a fun card. I love your cute little bees whether they be bumble or honey. It's such fun to play with our friends.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a cute card! What a fun idea to make this card to celebrate World Bee Day. The honeycomb is so perfect surrounded by the flowers and cute bees! Unfortunately, I don't have any of these cuties! This gives me an idea to start playing with some of my crafting friends as we are now in different states.

Birgit said...

Your card is delightful and full of sweet things, sparkle, glitter and bubbly eyes! What a great way to enhance the flower border and those plump little bumble bees have left me with a sweet tooth. Super duper card for your crafty little challenge with Michele!

ChristineCreations said...

They look like the happiest little bees! The perfect border too!

Lisa Elton said...

Just popping over from Michele's blog to say hi, Leslie!! Your card is fabulous. I love those plump bees and their sparkly wings so much!

Cindy Beach said...

This is so sweet, Leslie! Your details on the bees wings and eyes are super fun. You are amazing at combining dies, I love the flower border and the sparkly flowers! Glad you had fun creating with Michele!

Bobby said...

Fantastic job of coloring the honey comb, Leslie. Your bumbles are so fun with their glitter wings and glazed eyes. The darling group of flowers seals the whole deal.

nancy littrell said...

So much fun playing with Michele and ending up with a bright, cheerful, happy honey bee card, Leslie:-) TFS your beauty and description, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy.
P.S. I love Michele's card too:-) Happy Honey Bee Day :-)

Brenda said...

Hi Leslie, I came over from Michele's blog. Love what you ladies with with your theme. Your card is so sweet-pun intended! Love how bright and cheerful it is, those plump bees are adorable and love those sweet flowers that is providing them with their nectar. This card certainly makes me "bee happy"!! Hugs, Brenda

Diane said...

I absolutely LOVE this card, so beautiful and those plump bees are just the best, what a great design, I love every single detail, and once again, those plump bees are just the best!!

Traci M said...

Super cute card with bees that look much friendlier than most stamps I have! I love it!!

Pam Sparks said...

So So CUTE Leslie! I love it! The floral up the side....perfect!