Monday, May 22, 2023

Magnolia Branch with Bird

Hello, friends!  The Triple B Challenge -- birds, blooms, or butterflies (or all three) -- inspired me to stop sitting on my Memory Box Curved Magnolia Branch and put it on a card.   It's another mix of old and new.  I do have some new bird dies, but today I used an older well-loved bird which I thought fit nicely with the branch.  I backed it up with some die cut wood grain and added a new-to-me Cottage Cutz sentiment.



I lightly stamped the retired SU French Script background on the card base, and SU Itty Bitty Backgrounds splatter stamp on the bird and sentiment.  All dies were cut from watercolor paper, loosely colored with Tombow markers, and then spritzed with water from a spray bottle.  It's a quick process and I rather like the way it blends the inks.  The dies are all layered to give dimension without being too bulky to mail in an envelope.  This is a one-postage-stamp card.

Finished with white acrylic paint splatters just because I like the way it looks.



I think that covers it.  I'm sticking to one challenge at a time, plus the NBUS challenge if applicable.  My head is too full of Life Things these days to try to keep track of more.

Triple B Challenge -- Birds, Blooms, and Butterflies
NBUS Challenge #50.  Never before used schtuff  -- Memory Box Curved Magnolia Branch, and Cottage Cutz Hello w/Shadow




I love spending mornings in my happy place and it's even better when my friends (you!) come to visit.  Thanks for stopping by!


Stamps:  SU French Script Background on card base, SU Itty Bitty Background splatter stamp on bird and sentiment  Paper:  Arches 140 lb hot press watercolor, grocer's kraft, SU Old Olive  Ink:  Memento Toffee Crunch and Rich Cocoa, SU Rose Red for splatter stamp on sentiment  Coloring:  Tombow markers spritzed with water after coloring, white acrylic paint for splatters  Dies:  Memory Box Curved Magnolia Branch, Memory Box Finnegan Fronds bird, Memory Box Wood Grain Planks, Cottage Cutz Hello w/Shadow

25 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful card love the die-cut bird and Magnolia branch and splatters
Carol x

Cat Craig said...

Leslie, Oh my gosh this is so very pretty. That bird is the perfect size for your branch . Love you coloring.

Yogi said...

Beautiful card. I LOVE that floral branch. I think I need to paint something like that. Have a great day

Cindy Beach said...

I'm long overdue for my visit and enjoying immensely seeing your beautiful creations! This card has so many things I love, besides the Triple B's. I love the pretty details of the branch, the pretty pink sentiment, and those white spatters! I have to dig out my French script, I love how you've used it.

Lynette said...

You always have the best combination of elements, Leslie! I love what you have done on this card. The little bird is so cute and the white splatters are a great touch.

Christine Alexander said...

Absolutely stunning, love the subtle French script tone on tone background and I really need those wood board dies :)
Amazing colouring with your bird on a branch ♥

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous card,love the colour and gorgeous design .x

Loll said...

Amazing design Leslie. Your bird on a branch is so beautiful ... love the colours! xx

Marcia Hill said...

Such a pretty card Leslie and so full of subtle elements like the script on the background and the splatter on the sweet bird. Your magnolia branch is just beautiful and the whole card is delightful my friend! LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Darlene said...

Oh my friend, it always makes me so happy to see your projects pop up in the gallery! This is the sweetest design with that precious little tweeter! Your coloring of course is PERFECTION and thanks for reminding me to use those old large SU background stamps (what a great idea here)! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our newest adventure - Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
Triple B
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Margaret said...

Such a gorgeous creation. I love everything about it from the background to the white splatters. The bird is just perfect with the magnolia branch. You always know just the right elements to combine into a lovely creation.

I Card Everyone said...

One challenge at a time is the way to go, Leslie! This cute little feathered friend is adorable - love his simple layers which still allows you to customize him to your whim.
You are right about him being perfectly posed for that gorgeous Magnolia branch! It's ALL perfect right down to your last splatter!
=]

HilaryJane said...

I know what you mean about keeping track of challenges. I shall never be able to link up to more than 2 or 3. love this card especially those amazing splatters xx

Barbara said...

I adore that you splattered the whole card. I am so afraid of doing that, but love the look. Another fun, fabulous card.

Ida said...

How beautiful! Love all the amazing details on this card. Love the texture from the wood plank, the white splatters and well just everything about this card. - I was inspired to create a card for this challenge because of you.

Jean S said...

I Absolutely LOVE this gorgeous card! Everything about it is beautiful!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful curve and flower to this branch, Leslie! So beautifully colored and this sweet bird looks so happy here! Wonderful job of splattering on this beautiful card!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh this has been on my wish list and after seeing your beauty I think I meed it even more :). Your coloring is fantastic, looks so real. Love the addition of your bird, just finishes it off beautifully. The wood background is perfect with it! Lovely creation!

Glenda said...

This is absolutely beautiful my friend! I'm loving this sweet little bird!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

You always make such gorgeous bird cards and this one is no exception. Love the coloring, the spatters and the branch is perfect with its pretty flower!

Diane said...

A fabulous mix of the old and new and I love love those splatters!! When I try it I seem to mess it all up, but not giving up..yet!! Loving all the 'dots' on the bird an the sentiment too, you are so clever, always!!

TK said...

Stunning card, Leslie! From the splatters, to the wood-grain and onto your branch and bird, this is one terrific card

nancy littrell said...

LOVE your adorable die cut bird on a branch and woodgrain background Leslie:-) I was thrilled to see your beauty IRL last week on our visit. Such joy to see all your creations in person:-) I must add your bird to my wishlist:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

laurie said...

So pretty! I love the splatters!

Pam Sparks said...

I love it so much!!! I'm totally inspired!