Friday, May 12, 2023

Anemones From a Friend

Have I mentioned recently what a lucky girl I am?  Today's cards are thanks to my friend, Michele, who is very generous with her Pinkfresh washi tape.  I received a most lovely package from her and set to work play with very little delay.

Today it's all about the Anemones.  I used every single piece on two cards, including the insides and one envelope.  The Spellbinders Infinity Punch & Pierce Plate and Essential Stylish Ovals are some of my new favorite things, so I put them to play, too.  The first card is on an Aspen green base, chosen to match the green leaves.




The photo below shows more of the golden shine.  So pretty!





I switched colors for the next card, using a pretty lilac for the card base and dark blue for the sentiment.  The flowers are popped up on both cards.  There is more information in the recipe.





That's all for now.  I'm sharing the bounty with another friend and looking forward to playing again.  Thanks, Michele, and thank all of you for stopping in to visit!



Stamps:  Sentiments from Pinkfresh (1st card) and Power Poppy (2nd card)  Paper:  Pinkfresh Anemone washi tape on white, Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White, CTMH Aspen Green, SU Pale Plum  Ink:  SU Handsome Hunter (sentiment 1st card), SU Not Quite Navy (sentiment 2nd card)  Dies:  Spellbinders Infinity Punch & Pierce Plate, Essential Stylish Ovals, and Scored and Pierced Rectangles, miscellaneous small rectangle for sentiment on 1st card  Other:  Gold self-adhesive half pearls, SU Subtle embossing folder, Scotch brand foam mounting tape

25 comments:

Glenda said...

Simply beautiful my friend! I love the pretty colors and the die cuts are just wonderful!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards Bonnie! That washi tape is SO pretty and you've accented them so perfectly with your new Spellbinder dies...I love, LOVE that look of the ovals!! I bet both Michele and I will be checking those out (unless she already has!!)! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Marcia Hill said...

I am so sorry Leslie! I had just been looking at Bonnie's site and then went to yours and I guess it's too early for me to be commenting! Please feel free to delete my first comment! YOU have done a FABULOUS job with all the washi Michele sent...YOUR cards really are BEAUTIFUL!! Hugs. :0)

Yogi said...

good to have great friends. Both cards are beautiful. I really love the 1st one. The flowers are gorgeous and beautifully colored and prefect with the frame. Have a great day

Margaret said...

Wow! These are both gorgeous. Who would have thought they were washi tape. Amazing. I really like that Aspen Green cardstock. Great color. Have fun working (oops - playing) LOL!

Liz said...

Beautiful cards Leslie, so pretty and feminine. xx

Evelyn S. said...

The ovals are so beautiful....and the colors you have worked with are just as beautiful. Again, I am always so fascinated with the detail of your cards: layer after layer of beauty.

pam said...

Stunning card as always Leslie, love the lacy background, stunning flower decoration.
Pam x

HilaryJane said...

How wonderful to receive a package like that and what amazing cards you have made with it. I am enjoying seeing that background die used again. You are so clever and inventive with it. I love both cards, no favourite today xx

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my they are both gorgeous, I love the gold touches in it, I love the details in those background dies to go with them too. They made such lovely cards in combo with your goodies!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous cards,love the beautiful floral washi tap(what a nice generous friend) and beautiful dies.
Carol x

Cat Craig said...

Oh Leslie, I aDORE HOW you played with the washi pieces. Gorgeous cards.

Cat Craig said...

I hope this isn't a duplicate...getting a blogger error. Oftentimes it posts anyway, but doen't appear to have this time. In anycase I love how you played with the washi gift...those are gorgeous cards.

Bonnie said...

I LOVE this oval die cut and how you've fit the anemones to them! Two very different but both exquisite cards! Crafty friends are the best!

aussie aNNie said...

Very pretty cards with those stunning colours, what a great design x

Inkyfingers said...

What a beautiful pair of cards, Leslie! The oval Spellbinder die is so versatile and you have made the most of it with these beauties.

nancy littrell said...

Love, Love, Love both your die cut oval backgrounds and how you finished your card fronts by adding the beautiful die cut Washi Tape flowers. I finished 7 card fronts with the beautiful Washi die cut flowers you shared with me, Leslie and still have 1 packet left. Michele was so generous with all the Gorgeous Pinkfresh die cut Washi Tape floral images and sentiments. I will be sharing in a few days:-) Isn't it wonderful to have crafty creative friends that share:-)

High of 97 today and now all the windows are open and fan moving, trying to cool off the house. It is 70 outside and 77 inside. Love and Hugs...Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

It was a small gift considering the kindness you send my way, Leslie! I love the colors you've drawn out of that washi tape - I think I used mine with navy once!
I'm home and can't wait until 9am! See you then!
=]

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Your cards are amazing! I love everything about them. I think it's so nice that you can make different style cards with the same items. I love the colors and especially the dies!

Barbara said...

Wow, what wonderful things can be made from washi tape. Who knew, I will certainly be looking at it differently now. Your cards are beautiful and I love that background especially since I have that die.

Lynette said...

Wow, that is some cool Washi tape!! Your cards are stunning!

Ida said...

Wonderful cards. Hard to pick a favorite (so I won't)! - Wow, that is some gorgeous Washi tape.

ChristineCreations said...

Such floral beauties Leslie! That Spellbinders die is amazing in it’s detail!

Cindy Beach said...

Amazing how beautiful the washi pieces are, Leslie! Your cards with the Infinity Plate and Ovals are stunning! Tempting me very much, to see how you've highlighted them. Love the delicate cuts!

Traci M said...

Wow, both of these cards are stunning, Leslie! I always appreciate my visits here, for inspiration and the enthusiasm you always show in card making. You have such talent!