Monday, November 7, 2016

Simple Joys

Hi, all!  Back to Monday and another week with a few cards to share.  I made some headway on Christmas cards over the weekend, but I have some other things to sprinkle in here and there, too.  I'm going to start out the week, though, with a Power Poppy Simply Joys card.  You probably know how I love my Power Poppy stamps.  Well, I'll be coloring up quite a few of those for Christmas.
 
 
This set begs for simple, I think, so I kept it that way.  Just a bit of designer paper and a scalloped edge.  A little glitter on the ornaments.  A kraft card base and some stitching and sponging.  I stamped one of the sentiments repeatedly down the side and put another sentiment in the ornament and cut it out.  Coloring was done on X-Press It Blending Card with the following Copics:
 
 
That's it from me!  I'll pop in later this week with more.  Have a good day!
 
 
Stamps:  Power Poppy Simple Joys clear stamp set  Paper:  X-Press It Blending Card, kraft, red, American Crafts Kringle & Co designer paper  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento London Fog, Copics as pictured above  Accessories:  Stickles Stardust glitter, Fiskars scalloped edge scissors

15 comments:

Glenda said...

I just love what you did here! This lovely card really showcases your creativity!

Diane said...

Beautiful card Leslie and the image is beautiful as well! Looks as though you are getting a great start on your Christmas cards though! I ordered special dies for my cards this year, one for a present I am doing and another set for my cards...and it came to $62 with shipping...hahaha...am I an idiot or what...lol!!

Pauline said...

Well you certainly are on a roll Miss Leslie! Love the simplicity of this and how you stamped the sentiment down the side in london fog for the subtle look. Great layout, papers, and how you added the ornament at the bottom for your focal sentiment- overall beautiful card. I just love this image, can't wait to post my card using this image. Your layouts inspire me so much. Have a great day!

KimCreate said...

Your simple joys card is very lovely, colored so beautifully! I'm love your new window in your craft room. After Xmas, I hope to move to another room in my house where there is natural light.

Stacy Morgan said...

My favorite set from this release I think. So pretty and sweet. The red and green color combo is perfect, awesome way to add the single bulb. Its perfect Leslie!

Traci M said...

Your card is so pretty, sweet, and yet intricate to my eye with e stamped sentiment and cut out branch and ornament. Lovely card and beautiful coloring, as always!! Your window backdrop is perfect, too!

Yogi said...

pretty image. nice coloring. have a great day

laurie said...

Your card is so festive!I love those fun stitches!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, I love the stamping of the sentiment lightly down the side along with the ornament on the branch. Fantastic country Christmas card!

Lynette said...

Oh my goodness - I love this card, Leslie!! I love the images and your coloring of them, I love the stitching, I love the layout and pretty paper, and I love the stamping down the right side. Just awesome! Oh, and I love the branch with the ornament, too.

Donna Ellis said...

I would love decorating our table with something like this, Leslie! It's a wonderful design idea, and it looks fantastic on your card, too! LOL In Florida, we cannot just go out and snip greenery, twigs, etc, because of all the tiny mites and buggies that then come into the house! But being on your card... no worries! I especially like your "gentle" coloring using tradition colors with a glow around the focal image! Another melt-my-heart creation, Leslie - it's truly beautiful! hugs, de

Ros Crawford said...

I could never colour little things like that ... you are so clever and this is a stunner!

pam said...

Love this Christmas card Leslie, fantastic image and colouring, your layering is just perfect.
Hugs Pam x

Pam Sparks said...

I LOVE this Leslie! It says Christmas to me! So perfect!

CherylQuilts said...

WOW! Leslie, I absolutely love this card, and it's so classic and beautiful! I love this sweet little watering can with the branch filled with darling ornaments. And your gift is so beautiful! Love how you've added the words for the background and the sponging! And your fussy cutting of the pine bough with the ornament! Totally in love with it...hugs! xoxo