Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Happy Harvest!

Hello, friends!  After a bout of stomach flu that left me weak for several days I got back to my stamp room just in time to join Diane's team for another Double D challenge.  Our theme this time is a dual choice:  Happy Harvest and Give Thanks.  Take your pick within those parameters.  I made a harvest card because I love this time of year and I'd not yet colored my beautiful new Power Poppy Fall Haul digi stamp.
 
 
 
 
Using an old Mojo Monday sketch made the card design easy.  This is #273 from 2012.  Funny choice of designer paper for a fall card, perhaps, but it has fall-ish colors and this eons-old scrap needed to be used.  The pumpkin and burgundy makes a rich color combo for the card base, I think (inspired by the paper).  I don't know if you can make it out, but I stamped my retired SU! Linen background on the burgundy base to give it the appearance of texture.  I did that front and back.
 

Check out our inspiration board -- so pretty:
 
 
 
 
I used these Copic markers for coloring:
 
 
I'd like to point out the ribbon slide (yay, I dipped into my ribbon stash again!).  The ribbon slide is actually a die cut, one of my half price going-out-of-business purchases from our local craft store (sad face).  I cut it twice, adhered the two together for strength, then coated it with Diamond Glaze.  They must have discontinued these as I can't find a viable link, tsk tsk.  I've always had a fondness for ribbon slides (buckles) and I'm going to enjoy the five shapes in this set -- any color, any pattern, any texture, anytime.  I'll never run out of ribbon slides!
 
 
Notice the window in the background of these photos?  It's finally been installed and I'm so happy!  Every inch of my stamp room was covered with a fine layer of dust afterward, but so worth it.  It's all cleaned up now and put back together.  I'll probably wait till after Christmas to start painting.  After all, I've got lots of Christmas cards to make.
 
Hop over to Double D and get inspired by the team samples for our Happy Harvest and Give Thanks Challenge.  See the winners from our previous challenge and get a peek at the prize that's up for grabs this round.  I hope you can play along.  Have a good day!
 
 
Stamps:  Power Poppy Fall Haul digi, SU! Linen background  Paper:  X-Press It Blending Card, Bravo Burgundy, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, old designer paper scrap  Ink:  Printer, Bravo Burgundy, More Mustard (to sponge leaf sprig), Copics for coloring  Accessories:  Jute ribbon, Diamond Glaze, Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers, Taylored Expressions Basic Buckles, Paper Smooches Foliage 1

22 comments:

Glenda said...

Oh my goodness, your card is beautiful! Simply a little work of art! Your coloring is spot on and the card has such such a gorgeous layout! You outdid yourself on this one girl!

Diane said...

What can I say about this card except 'stunning~gorgeous~beautiful", yep that about sums it up....as it is all of that and more. Your coloring is amazing, I checked my Copics to see if I had those colors, I do have a few, now if I could just learn to use them as you do..lol...so your window is in, I bet you LOVE it!! I hope to revamp this room soon, you have inspired me and trust me it needs it...badly!

Ros Crawford said...

Your card is just so beautiful Leslie! Loving the buckle too! I do hope you are feeling better... sending hugs

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful coloring! This design is awesome, I get a Pilgrim-y feel from your buckle and ribbon--love that accent, clever! And of course your stitching, I adore stitching on a card. This is fantastic!!!

Darlene said...

This is beautiful Leslie! Of course the coloring is AMAZING and I just love that buckle band ... how creative and perfect! Thanks for always inspiring me and YIPPEE on the window ... how nice is that going to be!!! Happy Day my friend!

Lynette said...

So beautiful, Leslie! I love the stitched die cuts and the actual stitching is always such a wonderful touch. Fabulous coloring and the background paper has perfect fall colors. I'm so excited for you to have your window done - how cool! Hope you are totally recovered soon. Stomach flu is no fun:(

Evelyn S. said...

I am so sorry that you've been ill! That is miserable stuff. Each time I see one of your colored cards, I am in awe. This is such a beautiful design for the Power Poppy image; that little burlap band is perfect. And there's something about stitching a die cut... Again, it's a gorgeous card, Leslie.

pam said...

Well what can I say Leslie! you go missing for a few days, though illness and come back with this stunning Autumn card, amazing colouring as always on this beautiful image and what a fabulous background paper complete with stitching..great idea using your ribbon slider..hope you are well now.
Hugs Pam x

nancy littrell said...

Sorry about your flu bug Leslie, but it sure did not effect your gorgeous coloring skills. Your Fall Harvest design and images are really stunning my friend. Take care...Hugs, Nancy

Yogi said...

pretty. have a great day

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

So sorry to hear that you were down and out! There are so many bugs going around - I guess we do need some older weather to get rid of them! I love you fall design especially the slide - really neat! Enjoy your window!!

Sherri said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better now! And from the looks of this gorgeous card, it didn't affect your ability to color or design at all! Awesome job, my friend! I'm counting the days & minutes until I can get into my new craft room! Moving day is Friday! Praying hard Brady will make the 3 hr. drive ok!

Kathy Krug said...

You are one of the best colorests (I think I just made up a word)evvverr. Love the slide with the burlap and that beautiful image. The stitching around the card is the perfect finishing touch.

Donna Ellis said...

So happy your window is in, Leslie! We changed out all our windows about 5 years ago to energy star windows, and what a difference it made in the appearance of our home (even though it was new), the comfort level indoors, and also with the electric bill! But more than anything, we enjoy being flooded by light, and being able to see the beauty all around us, so there are lots of windows in our home! I'd love putting a 2nd window in my craft room, except I'd lose too much crafting space then. Leslie, your card is incredible. The colors, shapes, assembly -- all amazing, but I especially like the stitching and textured ribbon layered atop the dark CS, and then with the pretty buckle carefully nestled atop the circle die cut! WOW! what an eye-catching design! Love love LOVE all those pretty layers. Leslie, I also have that pattern paper in my stash. It's so pretty, isn't it? I've only used it on one card so far, and I had taken it out to make more for this autumn, but have not gotten to it yet. BEAUTIFUL is not a sufficient enough word to describe this Beauty! xo

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is awesome!! I love this sketch and your coloring of the autumn goodies is gorgeous!! Love the texture of the ribbon with the buckle, that was a great purchase, such a bummer the store is closing. I like the idea of putting the enamel on the buckle makes it look so real. Love how the sentiment fits there perfectly, great stitching and I think the paper works perfectly!

Traci M said...

This is so beautiful...I really like the grass and background, perfect coloring and background paper, Leslie! So happy for you with your new window...that will be so nice with Oregon weather, too!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful fall card Leslie. I like the buckle look and that coloring.... aaahhhhh... Love it!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Always a treat to see your coloring style, Leslie. You're one of the best!
I'm so happy for you to have your craft room renovated, and you're actually enjoying more time in it these days. You never fail to do Marcy's illustrations beautiful justice. :-)
OH, and that ribbon slide (custom embellishment!) turned out great. I have several ribbon slides, and you've reminded me to get them out and USE them! No sense keeping 'em in a drawer.

Give Wally and Lulu hugs for me! xo

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Gorgeous Autumn card Leslie! Your image and coloring are beautiful and I love those ribbon slider. It is such a great addition to your card.

Pauline said...

Sorry, I'm so late at commenting. It's been one of the hectic weeks, so taking a few minutes tonight to get caught up on the past week. Leslie, this card is beautiful! Perfect paper, colours,and of course your colouring is always done to perfection. You have such an eye for detail, love all your layers and that ribbon slider - so cool- I have a few tucked away, I never think to you them. Also, love your die cut leaf sprig, another sign of fall. Love this!

Gwendolyn said...

Beautiful colouring and a really pretty card!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Leslie, I'm so glad you are finally feeling better after the stomach flu...no fun at all! What a gorgeous fall card with this beautiful wheelbarrow full of all sorts of goodies. What stunning coloring, and I LOVE the layout with your DP and that fabulous ribbon slider. Too bad it's no longer available, but it looks so real with the two layers and Glossy Accents. Amazing! And, woohoo for the new window! Yes, it's beautiful behind the card, and I know the new year will have you looking for colors to paint the room. So excited for you! Hugs, sweet friend!