Monday, November 21, 2016

Give Thanks

I have just a couple more fall cards for this week and then it's full speed on the Christmas cards.  I was growing, perhaps, a little weary of fall colors -- not that I don't love them; they're still a favorite.  However, I wanted to work a little more color variety into this one, so I went with purples -- SU's Blackberry Bliss ribbon and Rich Razzleberry designer paper to go with the purple coffee mug.
 
 
I started out with the Versamark resist panel -- leaves and wheat stamped in Versamark on glossy cardstock.  I let the Versamark dry for a while, then rubbed with saffron and olive inks.  Wrapped with ribbon through a die cut ribbon slide, then stitched.
 
I mixed up three Power Poppy sets:
Colored with Copic markers and applied some much neglected Rain Dots.
 
And that's it!  I'll come back Wednesday when we'll all be super busy getting ready for Thanksgiving.  I'm the hostess with the mostest this year.  When I was working I'd do my shopping on Tuesday evening and on Wednesday evening I'd bake two pumpkin pies.  It's much easier now that I'm retired, thank goodness.  Hey!  One more thing to be thankful for!  Enjoy your day!
 
 
Stamps:  Power Poppy Feeling Fall, Prairie Cheer, Olive & Oak Expanded  Paper:  X-Press It Blending card, glossy white, Bazzill off-white card base, gold for ribbon slide, SU designer paper  Ink:  So Saffron, Old Olive, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Copics for coloring  Accessories:  Blackberry Bliss ribbon, Rain Dots, Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers, Taylored Expressions Basic Buckles, Scotch brand foam mounting tape

12 comments:

Lynette said...

Super awesome, Leslie!! I love the way you did the wheat background - great color. Of course, I always love the stitching and your coloring. Cool image, too.

Glenda said...

You pulled me right in when you said "Blackberry Bliss" ...Love the color! Your image is classic and as always love your coloring skills. I never learned to play well with markers!

Yogi said...

pretty. Have a great day

Pauline said...

Beautiful! Wow, your resist background is gorgeous! It's been a while since I did that technique. Love all your colours - fabulous colouring, great layout. The enamel dots finishing this off nicely. It's pretty cold here now, a high of 36F but feels like 25F with the wind, brrrrr...... I'm off today, working on a card order. Re-doing some of my last years cards to fill the order, since she didn't order last year, these would be all 'new' to her! Love it when things work out.
Enjoy your day Leslie. Looking forward to your post on Wednesday.

Darlene said...

This is AWESOME Leslie! Love your design ... the stitching, the flags ... all are beautiful! Of course what more can I say about your coloring skills ... perfection! Beautiful creation my friend! Enjoy your time in the kitchen ... I have my cranberry relish already made and pies will be done on Wednesday. Daughter is doing all the 'hard work' but she LOVES to cook for a crowd so I wouldn't want to 'take that away from her' lol! Happy Thanksgiving!

pam said...

Wonderful card Leslie! gorgeous colours on this beautiful image, do love your stitching on the backgrounds, pull everything together..New to me Rain Dots? but look fabulous.
Sounds like you have some busy days ahead..
Hugs Pam x

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful! This couldn't be more gorgeous Leslie! The colours are amazing! Wishing you the most wonderful Thanksgiving ... I'm so blest that we became friend this year

Laura said...

Beautiful colours, beautiful colouring! Love your background and your paper choices! So funny I had them out to play last night!! Gorgeous card Leslie.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful tying together of your wonderfully colored image to your papers, love the use of the rain dots with it.
Hope you enjoy a wonderful thanksgiving!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Now I LOVE this.... The colors, the design, the enamel dots all of it. Fantastic! yes it is a good thing you are retired and have more time to be the host and not so frantic. The pies sound yummy!

Donna Ellis said...

Lovely scene, Leslie! That little gold buckle on your horizontal paper is a fantastic embellishment, and a great feat putting the one banner under the horizontal piece, and the other atop! Beautifully colored, and such a softness to it all! hugs, de

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Leslie, this is GORGEOUS! I absolutely love this sweet harvest image, and the background you've made with the wheat is amazing! It's been a while since I've used that technique, and the wheat is a great image for it. And what a fabulous layout! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo