Friday, November 18, 2016

Jingle and Jiggle All the Way

There's nothing like bright and fun when I feel like a little pick me up, and since I like to have a variety of cards to send to my diverse group of friends and family, I'll gladly sprinkle in a little fun along the way.
 
This card was quicker than it may appear:  A starry background with a landscape background over that, a frame from the scrap drawer, and some easy Copic coloring.
 
 
The reindeer's bottom is on a wobble spring and jiggles for giggles when given a little tap.  The spring compresses nicely for easy mailing.
 
My only embellishment is a fallen star, which is really just there because I stamped the sentiment too far to the left and needed a filler.  The star was cut in mustard card stock, then coated with Stickles Stardust glitter glue and micro-fine glitter sprinkled over that.  I touched it with my finger to lift some of the glitter and allow more color to show through -- as though it's a bit tarnished.  After all, it's a fallen star.
 
 
When viewed straight on, as when holding the card in your hand, the reindeer's jiggly bottom is not offset as it appears in the photo.
 
Well, that's enough fun for one day.  More explanation can be found in the recipe below.  Have a wonderful weekend!
 
 
Stamps:  Art Impressions Jingle Set  Paper:  Neenah 110 lb white for reindeer and die cuts, Neenah Classic White for card base, SU More Mustard for star, SU Night of Navy for starry background  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red, Copics for coloring (YG03 on the frame)  Accessories:  Stickles Stardust glitter glue, Elizabeth Craft Warm Diamonds Micro-Fine glitter, wobble spring, Poppystamps Stitched Landscapes, Taylored Expressions Starry Night cutting plate, Sizzix Primitive Stars, Impression Obsession 6-in-1 Rectangle Frames (used the outer-most negative)

18 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh Leslie what a fabulous 'fun' card! Love the idea of your wobble spring for his bottom. Fabulous colouring and great layout, love the scene you created with the starry background and stitched landscape. Thanks for making me smile first thing in the morning. Have a wonderful weekend as well!

Lynette said...

Oh how cute - and fun - Leslie!! That will make someone smile for sure.:)

Yogi said...

cute. have a great day

pam said...

Fabulous fun card Leslie! been looking at this stamp, but far to many not used for years, the rate I`m going they`ll not be used this year either lol.
As always beautiful colouring and perfect background.
Hugs Pam x

Sherri said...

This is just adorable! Anyone would be thrilled to receive this darling little guy with his "jiggly" bottom! What a totally fun card! Your scrap drawer must be a deep as mine! Thanks for my morning smile!

Darlene said...

OMG this is too funny Leslie! What a hoot you are! LOVE IT! Thanks for the chuckle! Have a fabulous weekend ahead!

Kathy Krug said...

This one did have me lol. He is soo cute and the sentiment is darling. Wonderful, happy card. Of dours, colored beautifully.

nancy littrell said...

You come up with the cutest animal designs Leslie. Your jiggly reindeer is so much Fun! TFS Hugs, Nancy

bensarmom said...

Leslie,
This is so adorable! When I read your title, I was trying to figure out who would be wiggling. LOL

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Leslie, what a giggle! I love this reindeer and his wobbling bottom! You must have had such fun making this card...I LOVE it! So beautifully colored and wonderfully put together. And, I love the star...right where it is! Hehe! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Margaret said...

So cute and surely brought a smile to my face. I love the little "fallen" star. I love how you can just toss things together and it all comes out just fabulous! You have such talent and an eye for design.

Glenda said...

Leslie, you have made me smile this morning. What a cutie and your coloring is perfect! I can almost see that little tail wiggle!

Ros Crawford said...

Easy... Easy she says... Your colouring is amazing! This really made me laugh... I can see his little rear end wobbling haha! What a fun card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Hee hee I like that you stated his butt is not as off set when straight on. You crack me up.... He is adorable and so fun! I think the butt wobbling is adorable touch. Very cute!!!

Evelyn S. said...

That is the cutest reindeer card ever! A "bobbling" behind!

Diane said...

This had me cracking up..so cute and love, love the little wobble and had me singing 'jingle all the way'..lol...what a fun, fun card!!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Isn't this so cute! I just love it - and being on a wobble makes it even cuter! I love those things!

Conniecrafter said...

Every time I visit your blog I am either awed by your beautiful coloring of your images or I have a big smile on my face and that is what is there today, this is just the cutest and to know his bum wiggles just makes me laugh, how fun this will be for whomever receives it. Like to hear how your star came about, sounds a lot like some of the designs on my card :)