Sunday, September 29, 2024

Celebrate

Hello, and welcome to a new week.

On an inspired whim I dropped everything and made today's card.  You see, one of my favorite challenges is Can You Handle the Pressure, which is all about embossing folders.   Their optional twist this time is "use a sentiment", and it was Diane's sample card that inspired me to flip to the back of my collection and pull out one of my oldest folders -- Cuttlebug Happy Birthday.



It's a crisp white backdrop for the pops of color in the fun presents and paper flowers.  If you squint real hard you might see Wink of Stella on the ribbons, and Stardust Stickles on the flower centers.  I added confetti with a Copic marker and then went over the dots with Spica clear glitter pen.  When turned in the light you can almost make out the shimmer, but the color mostly disappears.  You know how it goes -- much more sparkle and shimmer in real life.



The dies were all cut in white and colored with Stampin' Up inks and blending brushes.

Two challenges:

Can You Handle the Pressure -- I've got the embossing folder and the "use a sentiment" covered.
Seize the Birthday #292 -- Celebrate is the optional topping.


  


Well, this was fun.  Now I need to run off and do a few things that didn't get done while I was playing in my room.  Happy crafting!


Stamps:  None  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 80 lb for embossed panel, 110 lb for die cuts, aqua textured cardstock  Ink:  Various Stampin' Up inks, Copic for confetti dots  Dies:  Tutti Designs Celebrate Word Set, Memory Box Pretty Presents, Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters  Other:  Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder, Wink of Stella, Stickles Stardust glitter glue, Copic Atyou Spica clear glitter pen, 1/4" circle punch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice card. I have that folder too. Very nicely put together. Used to use it a lot. Have a great day