Thursday, September 26, 2024

Sunflowers and Pumpkins

Hello, friends, and welcome!  Turning to those first few days of fall when the sunflowers are still blooming and the leaves are not quite turned... there may even be a ripe pumpkin or two in the sunniest patch.  No matter the season, they can all come together on our cards.  That's something to celebrate.

The up front star of the show is a new-to-me Cottage Cutz die called Fall Centerpiece.  Maybe it's from last year, but it came to me during their Labor Day sale.  The little "hello" is from a different Cottage Cutz set.  All the CC dies were cut in Neenah 110 lb white and colored with inks and brushes.



The card base is cut from shimmery white, including the Tutti Designs Maple Vine Frame which I glued to the base and brushed over with inks.  The background colors are not true in the picture I'm viewing on my laptop.  It's actually a soft pale-orange (SU Apricot Appeal) blended into a darker warm-orange (SU Really Rust).  Both colors retired in 2010.

The arch is also shimmery white, cut with the new-to-me Spellbinders Essential Arches which I decided were essential indeed.  Not fancy, just functional.  I was on a shopping hiatus for a while, but... sales happened, sigh.



  • I was going to leave off the sentiment but when I saw The Sisterhood of Crafters "Hello" theme I added it to my card and it looks just right.
  • Of course, I have to send my card over to Darnell's NBUS Challenge #66 with my never-been-used Fall Centerpiece and Essential Arches.
  • Additionally, I'm sharing in Vicki's A Cut Above September Challenge which closes on the 28th.  It's all about die cuts as a focal point.  The optional theme is "monochromatic", which I had in mind when I made the card base, but then it looked like such a nice background for the Fall Centerpiece.


 



That's it for today!  I've got some things on my table that I hope to finish soon, fingers crossed.  I'm off to run errands today.  Happy fall!


Stamps:  None  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 110 lb for main image dies, shimmery white for base and arch  Ink:  Various Stampin' Up  Coloring:  Blending brushes  Dies:  Cottage Cutz Fall Harvest, CC Telephone for sentiment, Spellbinders Essential Arches, Tutti Designs Maple Vine Frame  Other:  Dimensional tape for one sunflower

2 comments:

HilaryJane said...

This is absolutely stunning. I love how you have used the white arched die cut to help make your sunflowers pop and that die on the background looks wonderful inked like that. I have never thought of doing that. It really is very effective. Thanks so much for the inspiration xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Autumn card, love all the fabulous die-cuts.
Carol x