Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Warmest Christmas Wishes

Hello!  Christmas is coming and I feel like I lost a month in my card making so I need to play catch up.  No complaints here as it's too fun to be a chore.  I've got a lot of new or not-yet-used crafty toys, and the current Christmas Kickstart challenge has inspired me to put the newest of them to work.  The theme is Embossing Folder Fun.

My card started with the new Memory Box Pinecone and Berries 3D embossing folder.  I embossed a panel of SU Always Artichoke cardstock and then, using a blending brush, rubbed it thoroughly with Always Artichoke ink.  It darkened the cardstock and brought out the embossed pattern.  I splattered with white acrylic paint and the rest fell in place after that.  I'll list everything in the recipe.




The bird, birdhouse, and sentiment are all Memory Box.  The branch in the foreground is Tim Holtz.  The post for the birdhouse comes from a Penny Black Wood Floors die.

The snow on the birdhouse and branch is part white acrylic paint, part Art Anthology Blizzard dimensional crystal with microfine glitter sprinkled over.  I did not do a good job of capturing the sparkle in the photo.  It looked good through the camera lens, sheesh.  Just imagine it a thousand times more sparkly than what you see here.



Today's challenges:

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #90 -- Embossing Folder Fun
NBUS Challenge #66 -- My never before use schtuffs are the Memory Box embossing folder, birdhouse, and sentiment set.


 

Thank you for taking the time to stop by.  Have a beautiful day!



Stamps:  Memory Box Holiday Wishes  Paper:  SU Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 110 lb for die cuts  Ink:  SU Always Artichoke, Real Red, Close to Cocoa, black and gray Copics  Dies:  Memory Box Woodgrain Birdhouse and Nestled Chickadee Duo, Tim Holtz Holiday Greens Mini, Penny Black Wood Floors (for birdhouse post)  Other:  Memory Box Pinecone and Berries 3D embossing folder, white acrylic paint, Art Anthology Blizzard dimensional crystal, Elizabeth Craft Warm Diamond microfine glitter, Scotch brand foam mounting tape under sentiment


17 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...this one sure is a beauty Leslie!! I love the embossed background with the added ink and snow splatters...it's just perfect for that lovely birdhouse, sweet little birdie and the branch! And I can see the sparkle just fine, but I do know what you mean by how bright the sparkle is in real life compared to photos...grrrrr! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Christine Alexander said...

OMG this is stunning, such beautiful texture and traditional colours ♥

Glenda said...

Amazing my friend! I love, love, love that embossing folder! Coming in right behind the embossing folder is that sweet bird house! You definitely have gotten my attention! Go girl!

Diane said...

Wow, a beautiful winter/holiday card, and look at all that wonderful texture, a beautifully well balanced card and always love all the extras you add, the spatters of white and 'snow' finish this card perfectly!!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Isn't that rich and elegant while portraying the fun of the season? Your inky talents know no ends! LOVING the splatters, and texture in the white sprig, too. So Pretty, Leslie! hugs, de

Pam Sparks said...

Fabulous! I LOVE it! I want to go make it! lol So winter wonder land beautiful!!!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Christmas card, love the bird house and bird, fabulous embossed background and love the splatters.
Carol x

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, I have no trouble imagining the glistening snow! What a gorgeous embossing folder and your bird and house seem so at home there! Someone will be very happy to receive this card!
=]

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

I love this card! Embossing folders are getting so great. You can do so much with them especially the 3D ones. My daughter and I love birdhouses. I have so many in our porch. Love how yours turned out with all the texture and snow. We are enjoying some beautiful weather. Have a great day!

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad you are getting back to crafting, Leslie. I hope this means that Rich is doing better. What a great background and that birdhouse has wonderful detail and that bird looks so handsome on that snowy branch!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh so sweet, love the embossing for the background and love the snow topped bird feeder, with that cute bird. I can just imagine what it must look like with all the sparkle, so sweet!

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous, Leslie! The deep artichoke green background gives a rich textured look for that equally textured birdhouse. The white ink splatters and snowy rooftop are added delight. I adore the chickadee. My favorite bird.

Vicki said...

Gorgeous in traditional Christmas colors! All of the embossed elements give so much texture to the scene. The snow covered bird house and white splatters look amazing. I believe I see a bit of sparkle in that glistening snow.

Cindy Beach said...

I'm imagining all the texture and sparkle of the gorgeous snow and feel a chill of excitement for winter and Christmas coming! Leslie, this one is super fabulous with your eye for details and the scene is just beautiful!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow! This is exquisite!!! Great photo too. Thanks for sharing at Christmas Kickstart Challenge:)

Loll said...

AMAZING design, Leslie. Love each and every detail to create this beautiful Christmas card. xx

Dotty Jo said...

Oh, Leslie, what a beauty! Did you hear my jaw hit the table when this one appeared on the screen? Superb! Thanks for joining Jenny and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x