Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Double D Challenge: To Spook or Not to Spook

 


Hello, and welcome to another Double D Challenge!  I like the title and theme of Diane's challenge this time around -- To Spook or not to Spook.  Make a Halloween card, or a pink card for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, or combine the two by making a pink Halloween card.  Cute!

Pictured below is the inspiration board and a prize for a random winner.  The DD team votes on creative winners as well.  See the challenge blog for more details.


 


I made a straight up Halloween card in order to use my never-been-used Spooky Ghost & Crow die set by Cottage Cutz.  Those dang sales at The Scrapping Cottage... I try to resist, but I do enjoy these dies.  I combined with other dies from my stash to craft the rest of the card.



I cut in white and colored with inks and brushes.  The frame is glitter cardstock and I added Orange Peel Stickles glitter to the star on the crow's hat.

In the photo below I mostly wanted to capture the semi-gloss on the crow's beak.  I painted it with clear top coat nail polish to make it look more beak-ish.  A person can add more coats after the first is dry to achieve different levels of gloss without it turning too glossy.  Just a fun thing for small parts.  Try different colors or maybe glitter or chrome polish.  I've got a few bottles left over from the old days.  I'm more of a file and buff kinda gal with all the gardening and dog cuddling I do.



I can't wait to see what you all share in the Double D gallery!  The team has a fabulous variety of inspiration for you, so be sure to head over and visit.  Thank you so much!



Dies:  Cottage Cutz Spooky Ghost & Crow, Memory Box Oval Master Frame and Boo Posh Script, Cheery Lynn Spider Net  Paper:  Neenah 110 lb white, glitter cardstock for frame, woodgrain white for card base, SU Tangerine Tango and Going Gray  Ink:  Various mostly SU for coloring except Distress Black Soot for crow  Other:  Stickles Orange Peel glitter glue, clear top coat nail polish for crow's beak

No comments: