Sunday, October 6, 2024

Birds, Birds, Birds

Hello and welcome back!  It's nice to see you on this beautiful fall day.

I currently have an excess of crafty things sitting on and around my desk and I'm going to have to tidy up or I'll get nothing done.  But first... I finished three cards using three different Cottage Cutz die sets, and now those three never-been-used die sets are tucked away in the Cottage Cutz bin.  That's tidying up, isn't it?

The first is called Spring Bird w/Vine, but I thought I could make it look fall-ish by using certain colors.  I made up my own bird species.  It's part of the joy of crafting.


Cottage Cutz Spring Bird w/Vine, Creative Expressions Mini-Hello & Hi
Spellbinders Scallop Labels and Tag

For all three cards I worked with an old Heartfelt Creations paper collection and Spellbinders dies for the mats.  The focal dies were cut in Neenah 110# white and colored with inks and blending brushes.

Moving backwards into summer, the next die set is called Garden Bird.  It does not have an extra wing part for layering so I cut a whole extra bird and trimmed out the wing to make my own layer.  Easy and makes a lot of difference.


Cottage Cutz Garden Bird and Hello Phrase, Spellbinders Essential Arches

I'm including one extra photo to show sparkle and shimmer:




Card #3 is representing spring with the Spring Potted Flowers set.  The bird is sweet and I love the die set, but I don't like the way I colored the flowers and leaves.  Not sure what I was thinking when I colored solid and forgot to leave any light areas.  This die set is worth a do-over.  Maybe I could put poinsettias in the pot for Christmas.


Cottage Cutz Spring Potted Flowers w/Bird, Impression Obsession Have a Nice Day
Spellbinders Long Classic Rectangles

I'll send my fall card over to two challenges today:

Triple B Challenge --  Birds, Blooms, and/or butterflies.  I did not use the beautiful colors in the mood board this time, but I'm inspired to make another card before the month is over.
NBUS Challenge #67 -- All the Cottage Cutz bird sets and the Spellbinders Scallop Layers and Tag are never before used schtuff.

Now I plan to do a little more tidying up and move on to the next set of cards.  Thank you for stopping by!




No comments: