Sunday, October 27, 2024

Fall Branch with Bird

Hello, friends!  I don't want to forget about fall card making, especially since I have some not-yet-used fall stamps in my basket.  This Penny Black Autumn Masterpiece stamp is one of my newbies, but I believe it was released last year.



I embossed in copper on watercolor paper.  The background is a light watercolor wash with Stampin' Up inks, while the image itself was colored with Tombow markers and blender solution.  Then I proceeded to ruin a perfectly good painting by adding the splatters.  It went horribly wrong because my paint was too dilute, tsk tsk.  Hence, I have a small square card rather than a full size card with the beautiful fall branch trailing all the way down the front.  We make do, don't we?

There's a bit of embossed brown peeking from behind the image panel.  That's the Tim Holtz Sizzix Leaf Vein 3D embossing folder.  Not a new item.  It's very cool, but I've barely used it and I need to give it more time.  I scuffed it up a bit and then rubbed it with ink.

I'll be joining up with the following challenges:

The Sisterhood of Crafters -- Fall/Leaves
Penny Black Saturday Challenge -- Anything goes or optional "cute or spooky"
NBUS Challenge #67 -- Never before used schtuff.  My Penny Black stamp is used for the first time.

Moving along to the next project on the list.  Life is busy these days.  See you again soon!



Stamps:  Penny Black Autumn Masterpiece  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot press watercolor, copper metallic, dark brown  Ink:  Versamark, various SU for watercolor  Coloring:  Tombow markers and homemade blender solution, Twinkling H2Os for splatters  Other:  Creative Expressions Mini Stacked Thinking of You, Tim Holtz Sizzix Leaf Veins 3D embossing folder, copper embossing powder, corner punch

10 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

I love the beautiful image and looks great embossed in copper and delicate colouring - a beautiful card and thank you for the lovely comments you leave on my blog.
Carol xxx

HilaryJane said...

I am so sorry your splatters went wrong. the ones I can see look great. I have a real fear of splatters which I am trying hard to overcome as I really like it when others use them. I think the dark brown textured background is really special and dramatic too. Your little bird looks very content. He is oblivious to it all. Lovely autumnal leaves too. I am so glad you have now used that stamp xx

Yogi said...

pretty card. I love the stamp and the splatters look totally fine to me. Have a great day

Conniecrafter said...

I would say you did a beautiful job of saving any splatters that didn't look right because this is a beauty for sure, love the copper embossing of the image and your coloring is just beautiful, the embossing frames it so nicely for sure!

Evelyn S. said...

So many pretty details, Leslie! The copper embossing is truly metallic. I think your "splatters" turned out really well, even if you had to trim some off! :-) I know I have several fall stamps, but I just haven't been in the mood to do much with them. Another beautiful card.

Glenda said...

This is quite lovely my friend. I love the colors you chose and the image is beautiful! As for splatters...I do love the look but have never tried this. I just don't feel brave enough to try that at the end because of spoiling the whole thing!

Birgit said...

It's such a pretty image and an equally pretty card! The embossed background has so much wonderful texture. Glad you were able to save your work.

Marcia Hill said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS Leslie! I love all the copper embossing and the water colored look of the leaves! I never would have known you had to cut off part of the image if you hadn't said anything...it looks like it was always meant to be that way! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

You've rescued this sweet little bird just beautifully, Leslie! Loving your bright leaves and pretty sky - looks much like the one I saw this morning when I woke up!
Please do use that EF again soon - I'm dying to see more of it!
=]

Margaret said...

Your card turned out beautifully. We would never have known you made a "boo boo" if you hadn't told us. Fabulous just the way it is. Love your background and the coloring is perfect.