Thursday, April 11, 2024

Bunny Thinkin' About Color Hues #84

Hello and welcome back!  The Color Hues challenge of peach and green made me think of flowers first, but I've been really and truly wanting to color this bunny which was still in my "to do" basket after making Easter cards.  He is cute, isn't he?


Inky Antics Carrot Bunny with a sentiment from Delightful Dogs 2.

He's colored with Copics on Neenah cardstock.  I pulled out an oldie Sizzix tag die and cut an extra from CTMH Apricot Blossom cardstock which I sanded to soften the color.  Added a bow and some leaves to top it off.

Underneath the tags is a green frame covered with paper lace that's been sitting in the cabinet for many years.  It's wrapped and taped behind the frame.  All is mounted on a white card base.  




A whole lot of fun was had in the making of this card.

I'm sending thanks to the Color Hues team for always providing such great inspiration, and many thanks to all of you for coming to visit.  I love when you stop by!

 Color Hues #84 -- Peach and Green



Have a wonderful day!

Stamps:  Inky Antics Carrot Bunny and Delightful Dogs 2 sentiment  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 110" & 80 #, CTMH Apricot Blossom, Memory Box Parsley  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black  Coloring:  Copics  Dies:  Sizzix Fancy Tags, Memory Box Leaf Bunches, Poppystamps Prim and Proper Bow

23 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

It makes me so happy to see you've played along with us at Color Hues, Leslie! I am inspired by your sweet bunny. It's always nice to see a bit of a unique take on the combo and this one could not be cuter! The tags and topper are great additions.Thanks for making my colors look so fabulous!

Pauline said...

So stinkin cute your bunny is! Love this card Leslie, all the details are amazing. Love the paper lace, so so pretty. Love the added bow and leaves to finish this off. Another beautiful creation! Love when you create. Have a wonderful day!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and love the cute bunny,P.paper and dies.
Carol x

Lisa Elton said...

I've never seen this tag shape or lace paper, but my goodness do I love them! I'm quite smitten with that adorable bunny too. Darling card, Leslie!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwwwwww...your little "thinking bunny" just could not be any cuter Leslie, and how perfect that you used our challenge colors for the tags, frame, and bow on this delightful card! Thanks so much for sharing this beautifully colored cutie with us at Color Hues...we love seeing you in the gallery!! Hugs. :0)

Yogi said...

Cute. Have a great day

Glenda said...

I almost missed this and I'm so glad I didn't! This little bunny is adorable and I love how y ou have colored his little cheeks to match the papers. You have done it again my friend....just an all around cute card!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Isn't that a darling card! I'm just a push over for bunnies and I love this one with the cute sentiment! Have a great weekend!

Bonnie said...

This brings a big smile to my face, Leslie! The bright colors, perfect sentiment and especially that adorable bunny can't help but brighten anyone's day!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is definitely an all-year-round bunny Leslie and I love his lovelorn look! You've presented him beautifully with this double tag and the fabulous background. Vicky x

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, your bunny is the bestest! And your apricot blossom cardstock is pretty peachy keen!
I don't have anything in my cabinet that's as cute as this green paper lace! I'm calling WWCD!
=]

Nancy said...

The bunny and the entire card are just perfect! I love this so much! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues.

Diane said...

This is just as gorgeous as it is cute!! What an adorably cute cute card and love the pretty Spring colors!! A fabulous design too, so fun seeing you use your new things, like you I have many to use, just not enough time in the day!!

HilaryJane said...

What a lovely card. I am so glad you got to colour that rabbit and make this. It was obviously meant to be. Love the tags and paper lace. It came together perfectly xx

Christine Alexander said...

Awwww what a cutie :)

Birgit said...

Oh Leslie, he is very cute indeed! What a great sentiment to have in your stash and of course that darling bunny too. The paper lace is so pretty as well. You have some fun things in your stash my friend!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness he is just the cutest, love how you colored him and that sentiment is just perfect with him too. I love the shapes of those tags and the sanding of the back one is a cool touch, something different then inking. Pretty background to go with it all too, so wonderful!

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! I love all the little details like the bow and the vellum. Gorgeous work as always, Jo x

pam said...

How lovely is your card design Leslie, beautiful image and colours. Perfect!
Hugs Pam x

Vicki said...

This is just fabulous, Leslie! Love that sweet image and the colors.

cm said...

You've created such a pretty stage (love the double tags) for your star-of-the-show super adorable, perfectly coloured bunny. Thrilled to see you in the Colour Hues gallery; thank you for joining us.
~carol

Cat Craig said...

This is a winner in my book!

Lynette said...

So adorable, Leslie!