Thursday, October 7, 2021

Squirrel!

Hello, friends!  I'm sharing a fun card today with pretty papers and a Bugaboo squirrel digi-stamp.  Still having a good time playing with my supplies since the most recent declutter and reorganization of my stamp room.  I purchased the stamps and paper pad late last year knowing it would be a while before I used them, but fall has come and time to make some Thanksgiving cards.

Squirrel with his precious acorns was colored with Tombow markers and a blender pen plus a little help from a few Copic markers.  Whatever works, right?  I hand cut and popped him up on the decorated  5 1/2" card.  The pale peach cardstock is probably from Stampin' Up, but the last time I checked they had discontinued this Core'dinations-type cardstock.  I love how it can be lightly sanded to show the white core for a different sort of texture.  I tend to hoard what I have of it, for shame.  It looks much better on a card than it does sitting in a dark cabinet.



This particular page from the DCWV Fall Forest mat stack has gold foil accents throughout, and so I decided to gold emboss the sentiment and add the gold cord.  It really dresses up Squirrel's card.  For accents I added the leaves and mushroom.  That mushroom turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the whole card.  I sponged with SU inks to coordinate with the paper and then stamped and gold embossed the tiny pattern on the cap.  Did that with a very old SU set called Petite Patterns, which is a set too useful to purge.



Inside is another sentiment purchased last year.  It's a whole beautiful set on its own and I hope to use it again this year.  The plaid-pattern paper on the front and inside is the reverse side of the foiled piece.




I'm happy to share in Darnell's NBUS Challenge #31 today with my sentiment stamps and Squirrel digi.




Okay, that's enough fun for one day, but I'll be back at it as soon as possible.  Till then... have a happy day!



Stamps:  Bugaboo Squirrel digi stamp, Impression Obsession Always Something, SU Petite Patterns, Crafter's Companion Thankful Words (inside)  Paper:  SU for card base, Arches 140 lb hot press watercolor for squirrel, X-Press It (white), scraps colored cardstock, DCWV Fall Forest mat stack  Ink:  Printer for Squirrel, Versamark, SU So Saffron & Groovy Guava for mushroom  Coloring:  Tombow markers & blender pen combined with Copic markers  Dies:  Spellbinders squares, Sue Wilson Pierced Flags, Cheery Lynn Faerie Mushrooms, Paper Smooches Foliage 1  Other:  Gold elastic cord, Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder, dimensional dots

20 comments:

Glenda said...

You had me with the title! You say that "S" word to my dogs and the shenanigans begin! They love chasing them when they come up on my deck! Love your cute card! So many points of interests but I do love your little squirrel!

Yogi said...

cute card although I'm not so enamored with squirrels... I have several that keep rooting and digging in my window box... Have a great day

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ohhh!! That squirrel is just to die for, she looks so cute but I think that if you try to take that acorn away from her......well, I'll leave the outcome to your imagination, LOL!!
As always, your coloring is spot on, Leslie, and the DSP and details complete this sweet card beautifully.
The sentiment is so beautiful and so true, we should all be thankful for all our blessings, and one of them, for me is friends like you.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card,great design -love the papers and cute squirrel
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card and love everything about this one...xx

laurie said...

Cute squirrel! Love the papers you used..awesome card!

Lynette said...

Such a cute, cute squirrel, Leslie! And I love your coloring on him. I also love the way you did up the mushroom to match the paper - very cool. It's also great that you still have some of the old SU! stamps. I still have that set, too.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh how cute, the mushroom is very nice but my favorite has got to be that squirrel he just brings a smile to my face, love how you have colored him. The gold embossing with the cord does look great!

Denise said...

You do amazing things with digital images! I love everything about your card and really enjoy all your creations. Thanks for sharing with us.

Margaret said...

So adorable. Love that cute sq3uirrel and the papers you used are gorgeous. Lots of fun things happening on this card.

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is such a fun card Leslie. Love all the layers and the gold embossed sentiment.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

I just love this card - it is so adorable!! Your squirrel is so cute, not like the nasty one that keeps eating and chewing our birdfeeder to pieces! I can see why you like the sentiments. They look so pretty embossed in gold. I know what you mean about hoarding papers. I'm trying hard to use some up - so I can get some new ones! LOL!

Bonnie said...

LOL, if our squirrels were this cute, I might consider them a blessing, Leslie! What a fun card with not only the cute squirrel but the mushroom and leaves and that gorgeous plaid paper!

Christine Alexander said...

Ha ha ha, he looks so cute with his acorn. Tika and Dylan are frantically chasing nuts these days (Hazel, Horse chestnuts, and acorns). Have to be careful especially with the horse chestnuts they upset their stomach ♥

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely fantastic!! I wish I had more words to express how much I love this... The elegance of the sentiment, The fun and funky squirrell and the glorious blending... Oh and there's amushroom... What more can I say... LOVE!

Loll said...

This paper is perfect with your fun squirrel. And your colouring with markers is just amazing. I need several lessons from you!! Love the mix of paper and wonderful die-cut and watercoloured accents. A fun card, my friend! xx

Ida said...

This is so fun. That squirrel is hilarious and I love the mushrooms and how they look just like the ones in the patterned paper.

HilaryJane said...

I just love the expression on your squirrels face, he looks so proud of his giant nut. This card has been put together brilliantly, all the different elements work so well together and that little ladybird in the corner is just perfect xx

Pauline said...

As much as I do not like the squirrels in my yard, as they are a big nuisance for my birds, this little guy you coloured is too cute! Fabulous water colouring Leslie, and love all your papers and die cut accents, even the bit of embossing on the mushroom cap - so clever! The sentiment you used is so true in everyway, love this! Thank you for sharing!

Sue from Oregon said...

So cute...When I read the title Squirrel I laughed as it was such a good description of my day. Painting outside woodwork, check the mail in the closet, clean the closet, make a pile for recycle/goodwill, check email, sweep the kitchen, finish painting primer...and so it goes. Such an adorable card with a special meaning for me today! LOL ♥ Sue Kment