Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Roses on Floral

Welcome back!  I'm glad you came.  I have another card made with UFOs (unfinished objects).  Lately I've been trying to use them in combination with my NBUS (never before used schtuff), but today it's all UFOs.

The roses were stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits.  Just trying the paper/pencil combination with a very old Hero Arts stamp which I still love.  I decided to let the image stay simple because, truthfully, I like it as is with no background shading or artsy stuff.




In the background is the retired SU Floral background stamped in SU retired Gable Green.  All these things are old favorites.  Even the die I cut the background panels with is an oldie but goodie.  The image and stamped background were both in the drawer.  I simply die cut and put them together.  Very CAS and fun for a change.

Linking again to the challenge that inspired me:





Details are summed up below.  Thanks a bunch for stopping by!


Stamps:  Hero Arts Posy Prints, SU Floral background  Paper:  Arches 140 lb hot press watercolor for focal image, SU Whisper White for Floral background, textured white for card base  Ink:  Memento London Fog and Tuxedo Black for focal image, SU Gable Green for Floral background  Coloring:  Prismacolor Pencils  Dies:  Spellbinders Scored and Pierced Rectangles, Spellbinders Long Classic Rectangles  Other:  Rhinestones, Scotch brand foam mounting tape

22 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful colouring and most gorgeous stamp used... of course the papers too are stunning.x

Glenda said...

What a beautiful card my friend. Love the colored image and the fact that is can easily be mailed!

Diane said...

Beautiful card!! Sometimes it seems those old favorites turn out just the best, I LOVE the simplicity of this and the colors...pretty~pretty!! Did you know FS has four new Mintay paper pads out...just sayin'...lol, they will be at my door soon!!

Pauline said...

CAS at it's best! Beautiful card Leslie, just love the simplicity of this (you always do so well with simplicity, where I struggle). Gable green - I haven't used that in so long, nice to see some old favourites brought back out. Lovely colours and design. Love this! Enjoy your day!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card love the pretty stamped roses
Carol x

Lynette said...

Such a great card, and way to go to use up some more UFOs!

Yogi said...

Very pretty. Simplicity is always nice. Have a great day

Margaret said...

This is very pretty. I love it when simple comes together so well. Hugs.

nancy littrell said...

Love your beautiful Clean and Simple card design, Leslie. Wonderful use of your UFO's. Love the pretty stamped background panels and sweet pencil and gamsol colored main floral image. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Verna Angerhofer said...

A very lovely card design with all the wonderful roses.

Cindy Beach said...

I'm loving your UFO-based cards, Leslie! Your roses are beautiful and I love the way you repeated the words on the panel. Your favorites are some of my favorites! Love that floral background.

CaroleAnn said...

There is beauty in simplicity and you have created just that here, my friend! Don't you just love when something just all goes together so quickly!!! Great CAS card. Hugs

Bonnie said...

The roses are adorable and don't need anything else! The background is one of my old favorites too and I haven't shown it love in a long time. Another example of UFOs fitting together perfectly!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Great card - sometimes CAS are the best! I personally like all the old SU colors better than the new ones. Cute roses! Hope all it well. Take care!

Christine Alexander said...

love the simple line drawn rose and your pencil work is perfect match. Great framing with the DP :)

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely design for clean and simple, pretty stamps that compliment so well, like the touch using the rhinestones, always feels good to use up our goodies we have waiting to be used!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Leslie, I'm so happy to see you playing along with us over at SHOPPING OUR STASH, I'm glad you are using your UFO's and joining us in our gallery.
This card is so beautiful, so delicate and perfectly colored, I can see why this little flower stamp is dear to your heart.
Love the green flowery panels, they look like antique fabric, so pretty.
Thank you for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, I hope you come back and play again soon.
XO
Maria/DT

Loll said...

Beautiful card Leslie. I love how you let the pretty flowers images shine. And those background panels in the soft green really compliment. Amazing CAS design! xx

Cat Craig said...

You gathered the right bits and pieces Leslie, the card is fabulous.

Ros Crawford said...

It's lovely! What a super design too!

laurie said...

So pretty! I love the roses. Waiting for mine to bloom!

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful! I love it placed on the stamped background piece!