Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Spellbinders Stylish Ovals Collection

Hello friends, and welcome back to my stamp room.  I'm a bit late getting the week started with everything being somewhat upside down and backwards at my house, but it's beginning to look like that's our new right side up and forward.  However, all is well in my Happy Place, and the view out my window is gradually changing to spring, even though it's a rainy one.  I believe that's what influenced me to make such springy cards with the new Spellbinders Stylish Ovals Collection.



(Many thanks to Yana and Spellbinders for sharing the product with me so I can share with you!)


There's much more to this collection than what I'm showing you here, but it's a start.  I chose three products to work with:



Gee, I think I have some new favorite things.  For the first card I popped out the center of the punched and pierced panel and replaced it with a smaller plain white oval which allowed a border of blue to show.  I arranged the hand cut flowers over that with the sentiment and a sprinkling of clear gems.

I put those popped out parts from the first card to work on the second card with more hand cut flowers.  A little snip snip on one end of the flowers changed the look just a bit.   I hand cut the sentiment, too, and made a label for it with the smallest oval.  Blended a background panel (I must have been thinking of Easter eggs), added some gems... pretty!



For the next card I left the punched and pierced panel intact by using the die on 110 lb cardstock.  I carefully glued it onto the card front before any little pieces fell out.  I gold embossed the flowers and did even more snip snipping on these.  The two single flowers are a separate stamp in the set.  You can't see it in the photo, but I did the larger flower spray decoupage style -- there is a whole other flower spray underneath, colored and cut out, and the top layer is popped up.  Again, I hand cut the sentiment as well.





Well, that was fun.  I'm pretty sure I'll be going back for more from the Stylish Ovals Collection.  There are two items in particular...  It's just that they all work together so well.

See you again soon!



18 comments:

Glenda said...

Absolutely stunning! I love those gorgeous florals you have used! And you have made me want to shop!

Yogi said...

3 beautiful cards and good use of that die set. Always love your coloring. really pretty. It's looking like spring here too... for how long that will last BIG GRIN Have a great day

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous Spring cards,love the beautiful dies and stamps -coloured so beautifully
Carol x

Evelyn S. said...

Oh wow, again! These delicate colors are so beautiful, and the detail is amazing, as always. You have such inventive ideas for dealing with dies and stamps, all of which are on display with these cards. Hand-cutting the sentiment is always a challenge for me, but yours looks as if they were die-cut. Gorgeous spring cards, Leslie....as always!

HilaryJane said...

I can see that you enjoyed making these. They have turned out brilliantly and such lovely fresh spring colours. That background plate looks amazing. I think it might have to go on my wishlist. Thanks so much for the inspiration xx

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Leslie! I love the products you chose and understand completely that there may be more on your list - mine, too! These florals fit your Springlike weather perfectly! I do love your color choices, that Easter-egg blending, and how you've arranged your flowers in this fabulous Pierced die!
Three gorgeous creations, my friend!
=]

Bonnie said...

You have used this new release beautifully, Leslie! WOW! I LOVE that pinpoint oval background! With the border of blue and the same blue peeking through it makes for an awesome card! Love the pretty sprays of flowers with the bright colors! It's going to be really hard to maintain will power not to go buy ALL this stuff!

Marcia Hill said...

Punched out or left intact, these ovals and all the tiny details are absolutely exquisite! And of course the added embossed flowers are the cherries on top! All 3 cards are GORGEOUS Leslie! Spring has definitely come to your playroom!! Hugs. :0)

nancy littrell said...

Three Beautiful Springtime oval card designs with your new Spellbinder toys, Leslie. I love your springtime colors, blended colors background on your 2nd card and all your amazing fussy cutting of the beautiful flowers. The oval plate is Gorgeous and you made beautiful use of the positive and negative cut plates. Wow..all 3 of your cards are stunning and gorgeous examples of all the new products. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Margaret said...

Wow! These are all so gorgeous. Love those dies and the stamp image is beautiful. Your coloring is also gorgeous as always.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness Leslie are these ever gorgeous, I saw this set on Spellbinders and thought it was pretty but with what you have done with them it is absolutely gorgeous! I so love the style of each design you did, it is so hard to pick a favorite. Love your arrangement of the flowers on the first one, and beautifully colored! Your background coloring of the second is so pretty and blends so well, really shows off that center die cut and all it's pretty detail, fun way to do the sentiment and I just love how the flowers trail up on the left side!
Your third card is so fresh and clean and springy feeling for sure and the gold embossing makes it just that much more special, Stunning work!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What beautiful cards you made. I love how you used leftover pieces from the dies to make other cards and love the colors. So soft and welcoming. Hope all is well!

Lynette said...

Oh my, such gorgeous dies!! And your cards are so lovely and delicate! I like the different things you did with it. beautiful flowers, too, and so perfectly cut.

Christine Alexander said...

three amazing cards. I love that backplate you used, the perforations add such wonderful texture and of course your colouring is amazing ♥

Diane said...

Wow, all three cards are gorgeous, what great Spellbinder products too, how they keep coming with such new awesome ideas is beyond me but am sure glad they do. You have show cased the new Ovals Collection beautifully, so beautiful it might have to go in my shopping cart next time I visit there, I already having a running list for there, geez, like I need new stuff, yep I DO!!

Pam Sparks said...

So pretty Leslie! Beautiful cards that could be used for so many occasions!

Pauline said...

I am just swooning over here at your gorgeous cards! I have ordered the floral stamp set and dies a few weeks ago and a few other items that I just had to have, but haven't received them yet, but after seeing your cards, I can't wait! It takes so long for orders to get to Canada :(. Each card is just a gorgeous as the previous one. Lovely spring colours and wonderful card designs. Thank you for all the inspiration. As always, love when you create. Have a wonderful day Leslie!

laurie said...

What a lovely trio of cards...all gems!