Thursday, April 20, 2023

Christmas Gnomes


 

Hi friends!  It all started with the Peace On Earth Challenge #38.




Gnomes will be gnomes... just having a little party.  This is not a Christmas stamp at all, but I tried to turn it into one after I saw the inspiration board at the Peace on Earth challenge.  There is not a snowflake in sight because the truth is I'm more likely to see green grass outside my Christmas window here on the southern Oregon coast.  I would not be likely to see beer-drinking gnomes wallowing in our grass, but the grass would be green.



I gave my card a Christmas sentiment with an unrelated stamp and die combo.  The die said "cheers", but I snipped off the "s".  Added some poinsettia trim which is not actually poinsettias, but it appears so to me.  It's an older Memory Box die set called Seraphine Laurel.

Pictured below is the sentiment combo I used inside the card.  Part of it came with the gnomes (guess which part), and the rest is retired Stampin' Up.  Too irreverent for Christmas?  I'm sure it will be just right for someone.



That's the last of my not-yet-colored gnome stamps.  These days I seem to balk at coloring stamps with a lot of detail.   Times, they are a'changing but, gosh, these guys sure are cute!


  




That's a lot of challenges for me, but everything just fit.  Enjoy your day!


Stamps:  Stamping Bella Two Gnomes Under a Keg, other SU sentiments (old)  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot press watercolor, SU Poppy Parade and Old Olive  Ink:  Palette Noir, SU Poppy Parade inside  Coloring:  Tombow markers and blender  Other:  Golden Rod and Xmas Red Stickles, SU Subtle 3D embossing folder (retired), Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangles, Memory Box Cheers Script, Memory Box Seraphine Laurel

23 comments:

Liz said...

What a fun Christmas card Leslie, I love the design. xx

Glenda said...

How creative and I love how your mind works! Did you see where Heartfelt Creations will be closing by year end? I'm thinking I will have more time for challenges.

Diane said...

What a funny and fabulous card, it would be perfect for my 'beer' drinking husband, though if he ever drank like that he would be, well never mind you get my 'drift' lol!! Those gnomes sure are little partiers and I laughed as soon as I saw them, you have the best cards and the most creative mind, what a super FUN card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Stencil Fun}

Margaret said...

I've really fallen in love with gnomes in my home and in the stamping. They are so cute. Your card is so cute even though I am not a drinker. Love your layout and the poinsettia flowers. I'm always looking for some good poinsettia flowers.

Yogi said...

cute. nice and bright and cheery. Have a great day

Marcia Hill said...

Love the outside AND the inside of this card Leslie!! Coloring may not be a favorite thing right now but you sure do a fabulous job with it...those gnomies are colored perfectly and look like they're having a rollicking good time!! Cute, CUTE card!!! Hugs. :0)

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card,a great alternative Christmas card love the image and perfect sentiment lol
Carol x

Lynette said...

What a great card, Leslie! Yes, I'm sure it will be the perfect card for someone! You are just so clever, as well as being so talented. I love the die-cut background - an awesome die. I have it pulled up to buy on Amazon, but I can't quite hit the purchase button! LOL!

Cat Craig said...

What a great guy card...I know a couple this'd be perfect for. I get ya on the fussy coloring. That is the #1 thing I look at when I get a stamps...I have zero patience for it.

Donna Ellis said...

Laughing and more here, Leslie! How cool! Like you, we don't see white stuff on the ground at Christmas, nor do we see any drunken anything on our green grass, but what a clever way of using your gnomes! And the CHEERS die cut without the S - It looks BEAUTIFUL the way you have designed the card around it. Darling card all the way around, my friend. Sending love and doggy pats your way!
hugs,
de

Bonnie said...

Ha ha! I can think of a few that this fun card would be perfect for, Leslie! I love how you have taken so many non-Christmas stamps and made a perfect Christmas card! Such fun, my friend!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness this is fabulous, the coloring is just awesome, and I love how you have made it into a Christmas card. I almost used that die set the other day :) It does have the feel of poinsettia being in red like that. Love the sentiment you used with it, the inside is great too!

Loll said...

Great work creating a Christmas card from non-Christmas stamps and dies. This is an fabulous image and your colouring is AMAZING, Leslie! I love the details with the poinsettia trim and the Christmas "Cheer". Love, Loll

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie your sense of humor is shining through here on your fun Christmas card - it's wonderful getting to GNOME you better and better!
Beautifully colored, trimmed and composed! At the rate these two are going they might look like the upper left-hand gnome by morning! LOL
=]

Barbara said...

Boy did you have fun with this image! I LOVE it! the coloring job is amazing especially the barrel and that sentiment on the inside makes me chuckle. Another great job!

Evelyn S. said...

How fun is this card! I enjoy seeing humorous cards now and then. Years ago, a stamping colleague told me that cards should always be pretty!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a fun card and I love the inside sentiment! I actually don't have any Gnome stamps in my craft supplies. I have never seen the box die - love how it sets off!

HilaryJane said...

I am glad you turned your beer swilling gnomes into a Christmas card. I love the little tricks you used to make it feel Christmassy, they have worked well and your colouring is fabulous, as always xx

Christine Alexander said...

your beer swilling gnome looks like he's going to have a great Christmas. Awesome way to use your stamps :)

Tammy said...

This is one of most awesome cards I've seen in awhile! Love your beer drinking gnomes!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations!!

Stef Perry said...

Ah, but your detail coloring is so fabulous, Leslie, you certainly made this fun image come alive! Those gnomes may be due for a big headache in the morn' but they're enjoying the holiday party today for sure! What a perfect card for our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations, thank you so much for joining us this month!

Dotty Jo said...

What a fun little scene and so beautifully coloured too. I love this. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Gail and me, Jo x

Jean S said...

This card is so cute, it made me giggle out loud. Love it!