Sunday, August 14, 2022

Pretty Bird

Hello!  It's about time I checked in, seeing as how it's been a week.  I'm as enthusiastic as ever about this thing of ours, but summer... and housework... other stuff.  You know how it goes.

This is going to be Inkadinkado week.  I had three vintage-ish Inkadinkado stamps remaining in my not-yet-used basket and it's time for their focus.  Today's card is one of Susan Wingert's designs.  When you see the image on the wood block stamp it looks dark and almost solid, but when stamped in a light ink it works beautifully for no-line coloring.



I used my Tombow markers and homemade blender pen for coloring on watercolor paper.  The card is a petite 4 3/4" square -- one of my favorite sizes to work with.  That little rectangle is designer paper glossed with ultra-thick embossing enamel.  It covers a teensy bit of the image that stamped too lightly to deal with.  

I colored the corner die to match.  It was cut from shimmery ivory cardstock and SU inks were brushed on with sponge-tipped applicators.  Very easy and one of my new favorite coloring methods.  You can see the shimmer below:




It looks like springtime.

It's a first time use for this lovely stamp so I'll share at Darnell's NBUS Challenge #41.




More Inkadinkado will be coming this week so I'll see you again soon.  Take care till we meet again!



Stamps:  Inkadinkado Wonder Bird wood block stamp  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot pressed watercolor, linen weave Bazzil creamy white card base, Cryogen (shimmery) ivory for die cut, scrap designer paper  Ink:  Ranger Archival Shadow Grey for bird image, Versamark for clear embossing DP scrap, SU Cameo Coral and Old Olive for die cut  Coloring:  Tombow markers and blender for bird image, SU inks applied with sponge-tipped applicator for die cut  Other:  Poppystamps Hampstead Corner die, flat backed self-adhesive pearls, ultra-thick embossing enamel


28 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

OMG your little bird is so cute and beautiful no line colouring. Your leafy die cuts are gorgeous ♥

crafty-stamper said...

I love the beautiful stamp and your perfect colouring,beautiful foliage corner die-too
Carol x

Ros Crawford said...

It's been ages, sorry. I hope you are all well? You card is beautiful and I never tire of your colouring skills or your designs. I only wish I could comment on all your creations.

Lynette said...

Just gorgeous, Leslie! I love the shimmer, and the flowers are so, so pretty!

Diane said...

Oh how pretty and love the beautiful shimmery effect too, love this size of card myself!! Summer is leaving us fast here in Michigan, I am so dreading the winter months, just too long and here at the lake it has been a cool summer and blistering hot at home! I feel like I have almost missed my summer with all this coolness!! anyhow, I bet it feels good to use some of your older never used before stuff, I need to do the same! take care my friend and have a great week!!!

HilaryJane said...

Yes, I understand how the time disappears. This is such a pretty and delicate card. How lovely that that corner die goes so well and your bird is so beautifully coloured. Great use of that little rectangle. I don't think I would have thought of doing that, but it works a treat, great save xx

Yogi said...

Gorgeous. Love that bird. so prettily colored. Wonderful card. Have a great day

Pam Sparks said...

So beautiful Leslie! I love your coloring and inking techniques! So pretty! Love your addition of the pattern rectangle. It reminds me of oriental pictures I've seen! Fabulous design!

marilyn said...

Lovely card that does evoke spring thoughts!! But looking through your other cards, I notice how many different backdrops you use for your photography! Very impressive & creative. That would take me ages to figure out for each card! Any tips to share???

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This card is so pretty with the pastel colours. Love the layout with the flower corner die too.

Bonnie said...

What a gorgeous bird and the flowers are such a pretty place for him to perch! The die cut is a perfect match too! Love this beautiful card, my friend!

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is frame-able. So springlike and delicate. Beautiful coloring.

Margaret said...

Simply gorgeous. I love how you can cover an uh oh and make it look like it was meant to be that way. Love the corner stamp and the shimmery flowers.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

I love bird cards and this one is so pretty. Perfect for no-line coloring. The colors are so soft and I like how the corner die turned out. Inkadinkado stamps are among my favorite stamps. I can hardly wait to see what's coming!

Evelyn S. said...

Your attention to detail always amazes me, Leslie. You truly create an artistic piece with every card. That little bird is painted so well, and I really like the gold accent.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, what a lovely specimen he/she is! Leslie, your fabulous no-line skills are front and center here... and I was WONDERing about that sweet little rectangle! What a great idea!
=]

Glenda said...

What a beauty! I just love the little bird and how soft the colors are. You play so well with color my friend!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I would say more than pretty I would say stunning, that bird is just amazing the softness and great blending you got from it, and wow that die cut looks like it was just made to go with it and such pretty coloring of it too with just your daubers, just amazing creation, one my favorites!

Loll said...

Your no-line watercolouring of the bird is AMAZING, my friend. What an amazing design. LOVE the outline and the lovely flowers surrounding the bird. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, the colour is gorgeous and love the image used x

Pauline said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous card! Your colouring skills on the bird is amazing Leslie! Wow, so realistic! Love your corner die, the shimmer is so pretty. Gosh I absolutely love this! Your finishing touches with the pearls and then ultra thick embossing on the rectangle, just adds so much detail to your card. I think this is one of my favourite cards you have created in a while, although I love everything you create! Sorry for behind in commenting. Have a wonderful day!

Cindy Beach said...

This sweet bird looks like it came from an Audobon hand drawn illustration! WOW! Fabulous no-line coloring. I had to look twice to find the little rectangle of patterned paper. Such an ingenius "fix" to make your own embellishment! What I love best? The die cut with pearls. This is just exquisite, Leslie!

Donna Ellis said...

Pure gorgeousness, Leslie! I am a big Inkadinkadoo fan as well! In fact, I could be happy using only their stamps and not have any others LOL - but hey... that's not necessary, is it? LOL Thanks for sharing your incredible no-line coloring! xx

Ida said...

Oh so beautiful and elegant.

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Wonder bird is fabulous! You did it again!

Stacy Morgan said...

So fresh and spring like. Your no line coloring rocks as always! Glad you are enjoying summer and housework. ;-)

Cynthia M said...

Oh, wow! You did that with Tombow markers? You are a magician! Gorgeous!

Liz said...

Beautiful card, The no-line colouring is fabulous. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
Liz - Guest Designer xx