Sunday, August 28, 2022

Ocean Fish Waving Hello

Hello and welcome to a new week on the blog!

We'll soon be waving goodbye to August and hello to September.  No matter the season at my house, it's always summer somewhere.  The fishes on my card today are living in a year-round paradise.

I weakened and bought a few things from the previous Memory Box release, but I'm not sorry one bit because these fish are the neatest thing since sliced bread.  They're the Ocean Fish 3D embossing folder with matching dies, and a matching layering stencil set (sold separately).  I brushed inks through the stencils, gave each an eye dot with a gray Copic, then pressed each fish into my Versamark pad and embossed with clear powder.  You know how much fun I had with this, don't you!



Each fish is layered for a bit more dimension and they're swimming in an underwater scene created by brushing inks onto the Memory Box Underwater 3D embossing folder.  The Poppystamps Sylvan Frame seems to work pretty well with the scene.  I added a wavy sentiment from Lawn Fawn, and some Memory Box Fairy Jewels for bubbles.



Inside is a Poppystamps birthday sentiment which I altered with a permanent marker.  I die cut a Poppystamps Sylvan Sprig and used it like a mask to create a soft border along the lower edge.  It's interesting and nice how these Sylvan dies (2016) work for underwater scenes when I've always used them for garden and flowers in the past.



This card does appear to be rather involved, but the frame and background were already made,  I even had a banner cut for the sentiment.  You can lose yourself in this craft... you know what I'm saying.  In fact, I made four cards with my fishes before I put them away.  Some were very clean and simple but turned out to be my favorites of the bunch.  This was my first sit down with the new toys, so thought I'd share in order.  Not that I don't love it, too... well... anyway... each to her/his own.

I'll be back when I can get it all together.  See you then, I hope!


Stamps:  Lawn Fawn Wavy Sayings with matching die, Poppystamps Birthday Blow Out (inside)  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 80 & 110 lb  Ink:  Various Stampin' Up, Memento Tuxedo Black  Other:  Memory Box Ocean Fish 3D embossing folder with matching dies and layering stencils, Memory Box Underwater 3D embossing folder, Poppystamps Sylvan Frame and Sylvan Sprig dies, Memory Box Fairy Jewels, Scotch brand foam mounting tape

24 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

These fish are amazing, awesome effect using the clear embossing powder. They actually look like they are in water :)

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a great card! I love your fish and underwater scene. I have several fish sets and I love the versatility you get with them. The fish are so neat. I like that you can see their little gills! Great idea to layer them for dimension. I have to remember to try using my versamark and then embossing. Have a great week!

Conniecrafter said...

Awesome colors and shading on your fish, and I very much agree that the leaf die does make for a great background for your fish to be swimming by, love your little air bubbles too. Like how you changed up the inside sentiment to go with them!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful design and projects, love the colours and technique xx

Denise said...

Love your card Leslie! I'm drawn to under water scenes and fishes and your's is so cute!

Denise said...

Love underwater fishy scenes and your's is so cute!

Lynette said...

Such a fun and well-done card, Leslie!! Can't wait to see the rest of them.

Margaret said...

What a fun card! It sounds like you had a lot of fun putting it together and I know the recipient will have fun receiving it and looking at it. Love your beautiful background and the fishes are so cute.

Yogi said...

Very cute. Love the fun colors. Waving back at you. Have a great day

Pam Sparks said...

Fabulous, inspired creating and yes it's hard to stop if you keep getting ideas! Can't wait to see the rest! I love altering sentiments too and love what you did here! I have to remember this!

Pam Sparks said...

AND.... the frame is perfect and love the inking inside! :D

Lisa H said...

Love this card Leslie. The fish set from Memory Box has been on my wish list, I think I'll splurge and buy it in September. I like the way you used the frame for this card, those fronds do look like they could be sea plants-well done.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Well Leslie, you most certainly had lots of fun creating this card, these fishies are adorable, love the colors on each and on their beautiful and cozy surroundings.
All 3 fish are gorgeous but the blue/green one is my favorite.
The "bubbles" are so realistic and a fabulous addition to this sweet underwater scene.
Thank you for sharing.
I can't wait to see the rest.
Hope all is good in your little corner of the world.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.

Ida said...

Leslie you've done it again with another "WOW" card. Those fish are just amazing and your card is colorful and fun.

Cat Craig said...

Leslie, I love the soft background you created with the inks and the ef. The fish are darling with the bling bubbles and the coverplate nicely rounds out the card. Lovely!

Donna Ellis said...

Sea-lightful! (as opposed to dee-lightful). It was a fabulous purchase, and so beautifully done. I especially like your inky fishies and using the negative portion of your flora die as a stencil! Beautiful card, Leslie! xx

I Card Everyone said...

I can tell how much fun you had shining those fish, Leslie! What a great idea, too!
A lovely under-the-sea card!
=]

Bonnie said...

I believe these fish have enjoyed getting on this card as much as you enjoyed creating them, Leslie! They are some happy looking fish and have a lovely seascape to float in!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful underwater scene with your gorgeous die cut colored heat embossed fish, Leslie. Your card reminds me of a mesmerizing aquarian. Love all the details and colors in your scene. TFS your detailed description, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

HilaryJane said...

I bet that was a nice feeling to have bought that set and then make 4 cards from it straight away. That means it was a very good buy and you should enjoy it. The worst type of buy is when it arrives and you are really not sure why you bought it in the first place! Mind you, I have done that and then found that down the line it becomes a favourite item, so you just never know. I do love this card. You have combined all those elements so well and the texture and shine are very special. Love how you have inked that embossing folder too. Great idea to clear heat emboss the fishes, it is a great technique which I haven't done for a while. I have had to go and check out that memory box set and add it to my wish list xx

Pauline said...

Wow, Leslie what an amazing underwater scene you have created. The fish, so colourful and love the clear embossing on them! This 3D embossing folder looks pretty awesome, and stencils too - I love when a company makes a stencil to go with the products, just makes it so much easier! Your 'waving hello' banner is perfect! I can't wait to see your other fish cards. Thanks for sharing another beautiful card Leslie!

Diane said...

These fish are ahhh-mazing!! I love these kinds of new things, embossing folders with stencils are my new favorite thing right now and your fish colors and shine on them are gorgeous, how fun and the inside is perfection too, I can see why you had fun with them! So sad to see August go, I like Fall but it can be iffy here in Michigan. We came home from the lake on Tuesday but we have so much to do here before cold sets in. The weatherman said the other night that September is our last month where we won't have accumulating snow totals, I wanted to throw my shoe at him, but I was barefoot...hah!!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful underwater scene and the fish are fabulous -love the bubbles too-don't you just love it when you get so much inspiration from something
Carol x

Cindy Beach said...

Oh my goodness, now that I see all the coordinating products here, I am in real trouble! I will tell myself I will just look forward to more cards seeing how you use them. They are so fun. Fabulous cards, Leslie! Just as you've said, I love seeing what you choose to add to your new stuff!