Thursday, August 25, 2022

Birthday Mail

Hi there!  I'm sharing two cards today.  I meant to be here on Wednesday but with too many other things to do I just couldn't manage it.  However, I'm here now because I took a notion to play along in the Seize the Birthday challenge with the optional sketch.  That's the first card pictured.  Both cards use the fairly new to me Stampendous Mailbox Birthday set.


(Retired designer paper and SU Core'dinations-type cardstock, Park Lane Pennants embossing folder, Pink & Main Birthday Girl Glossy Dots, Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers, punched circle)

I mixed designer paper, an embossed panel, and a sanded card base for the sketch, and arranged a group of fussy cut images with the sentiment for the focal piece.  I colored with Copics and applied a little sparkle and some glossy dots.  I hope you can see the details okay in the photo.  See the sketch below.

Seize the Birthday #245 - Sketch

 



My second card uses the primary image in the set, stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Tombow markers and homemade blender.  This one was made and mailed last month.  I remember how fun it was to color and create.  Supplies are listed below the picture.


(Stamps:  Stampendous Mailbox Bday  Paper:  Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot pressed watercolor, scrap Bazzill cantaloupe, Park Lane 110 lb printed cardstock base  Ink:  Palette Noir  Coloring:  Tombow markers & homemade blender  Other:  Spellbinders Blossom Nestabilities)

Sending happy wishes to everyone everyday!  Take care of yourselves and enjoy your day!


27 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

They are both so fun and perfect for a birthday celebration. Like the piles of presents in the first with that banner background, I love that sentiment too, that would be great on the outside of the envelope too :)
Wonderful coloring on the second and I like how the sentiment is more fancy on this one!!

LeAnne said...

These are so fun! Love that you used some of that "retired" coordinations paper...I remember that! Those images are just delightful! CUTE!

Christine Alexander said...

two fun cards Leslie, I always love how you add a little DP to your cards- I really should use my stash ♥

Joan B said...

oh so fun and colorful!!

crafty-stamper said...

Love both colourful cards perfect for birthday celebrations
Carol x

Margaret said...

Both cards are so cute. I need to challenge myself to use other media besides my Copics. Sometimes life does get in the way of our crafting time.

Judy Woodland said...

These are so stinkin' cute, my dear! I love them both. Your bright colors really make those images pop, I can't stop looking at them!!!

Pauline said...

Love these, so cute, colourful and just fun! You can never have too many birthday cards. Great use of some of those papers, I really need to use more. I love the stripes with the polka dots. Thanks for sharing these Leslie, such happy cards, makes me smile! Have a wonderful weekend.

Liz said...

Two fun birthday cards, lovely designs. xx

Raquel Loio said...

These are very cute birthday cards! Hugs, Raquel

Cat Craig said...

What a fun group of stamps, Leslie. Your cards as usual are thoughtfully and beautifully crafted.

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous pair of cards, Leslie, and I'm particularly taken with the fabulous colouring on the second card. Just beautiful and I'm wondering what the homemade blender is?
Take care,
Hugs
Carol x

Bonnie said...

Both of these are so colorful and fun, Leslie! Love those images and the colors you've used!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a great stamp set and very versatile. I love the flags and sentiment! Who doesn't want to get a mailbox full of cards.

Cathy said...

Two wonderful birthday cards! So colourful and the first one is a great take on the sketch. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Diane said...

Both are cleverly put together, each one unique from the other!! Love the designs on both and the sanded paper on the first, such great texture! always love to see your use of design papers too, it gives me tons of inspiration!!

I Card Everyone said...

A person of ANY age couldn't help but smile BIG to receive one of your darling birthday cards, Leslie! So fun, colorful, and such a wonderful sentiment!
=]

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your take on this sketch for this challenge. I am so inspired by it and your second card made we want to buy the stamp. I am trying to be good and not purchase anything new for awhile. You are making it difficult. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge!

Yogi said...

wonderful. Both are cheerful and happy. Have a great day

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Leslie, both cards are darling and adorable, they could be for either kids or adults, the colors are cheerful and soft and the DSP spot on!!
I hope you, Rich and your fur babies are all doing great, I'm sending lots of hugs and much love.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.

Glenda said...

Both cards are wonderful but I really love the stuffed mailbox! Just something about a mailbox that makes my heart sing! Lovely coloring as always my friend!

Loll said...

Two fabulous and fun birthday cards Leslie! What fun you are having with your new stamp set! xx

HilaryJane said...

Two very happy and lovely birthday cards. wW all understand the time issue, so thanks for making some to share these beauties. Time for me to log off again now, but I am glad to have caught up with you. Thanks for all the inspiration this week xx

Lynette said...

Such fun and cute birthday cards, Leslie. I like the way the panels are at angles on the second card. I often "threaten" to put my panels at angles, and then I usually end up putting them straight. LOL!

Ida said...

Both of these cards are just delightful. - If I had to pick a favorite I'd say the 2nd one but I really like both of them very much.

laurie said...

What FUN birthday cards!!! They are both so cute!

Cindy Beach said...

More fun and happy cards! I love these, Leslie! My favorite is the second one. I love mailboxes for some reason. But, hey, mail, balloons AND presents make this one special. And your coloring.