Sunday, June 30, 2019

Power Poppy Preview, Day 5: Floribunda

If you're a clear stamp kind of stamper and you love birds and blooms, Marcella has come through for you.  She's turned another one of her gorgeous digital sets into a clear stamp set.  Introducing Floribunda.




Okay... if you follow me regularly you probably recognize the image in the above graphic as the digital version (Hummingbird Paradise) which I colored when it was released on June 15.  Trust me, you get all that and more in the Floribunda clear set.

Today I gave it a little bit softer look, but still colorful, by watercoloring with Tombow markers.  As you can see, I isolated just a small part of the image by stamping the whole thing then cutting with an oval die.  I turned the oval upside down so the hummingbird would have a flower to enjoy.  It works!




In case you'd like to know, the die is by Marianne Designs, called Anja's Oval.  I adore anything with lattice, especially when it comes to flower stamps.

Marcella has packed this stamp set with beautiful sentiments that pair up perfectly for the card front and the inside.




I'm so smitten with this stamp set I didn't want to put it away.  The two cards pictured below were made with relatively little coloring.  The one is gold embossed on green with watercolored dahlias and hummer.  The other is stamped in blue on blue, then the background filled in with a white Prismacolor pencil.  I stamped the upper corner in blue again on watercolor paper and watercolored just the fuchsias with Tombow markers.  Fussy cut and glued in place.    The hummer comes as a separate stamp.  I watercolored him, too.  He's very easy to cut out by hand.




Why, yes, I have been busy!

Again, please visit the Power Poppy Blog for much, much more and do come back tomorrow for the big hop with some special friends.  Thank you so much for your visit today!



19 comments:

Yogi said...

very pretty. love the way you put in the oval frame. Have a great day

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and it definitely works turning the image looks meant to be and fabulous colouring especially the hummingbird.Love the other two beautiful cards too
Carol x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh Leslie!! this is amazing, love the stunning way in which you colored this Humming Bird, the colors are perfect and incredibly realistic, I can almost hear him buzzing by those flowers.
Fussy cutting it gives the card some beautiful dimension along with the gorgeous oval die.
Thank you for sharing.
I'm going to have a hard time resisting getting a couple of these sets.
XO
Maria.

Verna Angerhofer said...

All the ways you used this design are wonderful. You are so amazingly talented.

Donna Ellis said...

Yes, the new clear stamp is AMAZING! But even more amazing, is your coloring, and the various designs of loveliness! You always pack a lot of color and WOW and FUN in your creations. I remember being smitten by the digital version, and am even more smitten by the clear stamp! This is the perfect DT for you - and the perfect stamp company for your skill. I always think of your gardening joys - indoors and out! wishing you a great Sunday! hugs, de

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

I guess you have been busy! These cards are so pretty! I really like the oval die yuou used. It frames your artwork so well. We love hummingbirds and so enjoy watching them. Your coloring is amazing!

Kathy Krug said...

Too much gorgeousness on this post. I love that fame and your water coloring. The gold embossing is gorgeous and your background in the the third card adds interest and I love how you framed it. Amazing designs.

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Absolute gorgeous, all three cards Leslie. This stamp set is awesome. Great idea to put the image up side down on your first card so the hunningbird can enjoy the flower.
Thank you so much for sharing this great inspiration.

Jane Crisci said...

Great card designs! Love them all!

aussie aNNie said...

Wow I want to come to your place to craft, may take a while to get there but it would be awesome...love this post.xx

Christine Alexander said...

Leslie, that's such a beautiful humming bird. Gorgeous colouring :)

nancy littrell said...

Your coloring and use of many colors is just stunning on all 3 of your beautiful hummingbird cards, Leslie. I especially love your 1st card with the beautiful die cut frame and your gorgeous hummer, but your other 2 cards are beautiful too. TFS my friend. Hugs...Nancy

ChristineCreations said...

Seriously Leslie, you rocked this set. Every one is unique and gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Your cards are all amazing!! Beautiful job showing off this set!

Ros Crawford said...

What pretty cards... All those humming birds look amazing!

Pauline said...

Oh my goodness Leslie, this is one of the prettiest cards ever. Beautiful watercolouring - love the hummingbird, such pretty colours. Your complete layout is so tastefully done, with the woodgrain white card base and the Anja's oval die cut in yellow. Love the little silver embellishments and the way you did your colour wash on the sentiment, to tie it all together. Your other 2 cards are as equally beautiful. What wonderful inspiration you have shared today!

laurie said...

I just love what you have been doing with this image...beautiful!

Broni said...

So beautiful! LOVE the soft colors!!

Conniecrafter said...

I guess you have been very busy, Oh my they are all wonderful and you have done a fabulous job of making them all look unique and different. I totally love that lattice framing on the first and like how you used a portion of the stamp, I love your coloring of the bird the most on that one also, but the other two are so pretty as well, I love the flowers you used in the last blue card, such pretty script on all of the sentiments too!