Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Double D Challenge: Pick a Pattern

Oh, my goodness, it's time for another Double D Challenge!  Darlene has chosen a good one for us this time:  "Pick a Pattern".  I'll show you my card and explain in a minute.




Naturally, the sentiment is going to play an important role, but the card design is all about the pattern.

Pictured below are the patterns to pick from.  Don't worry, it doesn't have to be an exact match.  Just let yourself be inspired, as long as the pattern is prominently featured in your project.




Random winner prize is a paper pad of patterns galore:




I have so many designer papers I could have used for any of those patterns, but I focused on the pretty blue bowls and made an ink-blended and stamped background.  The stamps I used are from a Stampendous Laurel Burch set called Fish Wishes.  I probably never would have thought of this card if it hadn't been for the challenge, but I like how it turned out and you know I've been feeling a lot of love for clean and simple lately.




Wait till you see the team samples.  Inspired and inspiring!  So, pick a pattern and play along.  I hope to see you in the gallery!



Stamps:  Stampendous Fish Wishes by Laurel Burch  Paper:  SU Whisper White  Ink:  SU Brilliant Blue and Bashful Blue, Memento Tuxedo Black  Accessories:  Silver cord, Scotch brand foam mounting tape, Beauty Kate makeup blending brushes  Dies: Tutti Designs Stitched Nesting Hearts, Taylored Expressions Stitched Rectangle Stacklets

29 comments:

Glenda said...

Leslie I do love this and you rock clean and simple. Just clean and crisp lines and I love the die cuts you used. Well done girl!

Sherri said...

I love this card! And that sentiment is fantastic and so, so true. Gorgeous card, my friend! An A plus for sure!

Diane said...

Beautiful card with pretty design and monochromatic blues. Yep, you are rocking the CAS!

Darlene said...

Well done my friend! LOVE the off set hearts in your design and that background is just perfect! You are just so darn creative! LOVE it! Have a wonderful day!

Yogi said...

pretty. have a great day

nancy littrell said...

Clean, Crisp and simply beautiful design, Leslie. Love your stamped background and off set die cut heart with the wonderful stamped sentiment. TFS Hugs..

Kathy Krug said...

Wonderful way to feature your sentiment. The broken heart says it all.
Fabulous design.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great take on the challenge and I love the pattern design you chose for it. I think that is such a beautiful card you made.

Donna Ellis said...

oooooooh! LOVE your take of the pattern challenge, Leslie, and that fabulous ombre effect including the background and the stamps in the background. The double heart is a fabulous design idea, and the sentiment could not be more endearing. It's a wonderful creation! hugs, de

Donna Phelan said...

Pretty, perfect patterns! I love the blues! And your double cut heart and sentiment are lovely!

Margaret said...

What a beautiful card. I love how you placed the heart off-center from the heart outline. Pretty pattern.

Judy Woodland said...

This is just beautiful! I love the ombre look and your design is really great. The hearts are perfect, great take on the challenge.

Pauline said...

Leslie, you nailed this challenge. Love everything - the monochromatic blue, your double hearts and the way you displayed them, all wrapped up in silver twine! Beautiful! Just back home from being away 3 days for work. So nice to be home! Enjoy your day!

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Leslie, wow you sure know how to put cards together whether its' colouring or dies, love this...may have to CASE it one day.xxx

Conniecrafter said...

So sweet, that sentiment is great and I love the pattern you picked, the blue really stood out to me in the inspiration panel and I love how you have softened the pattern as it went down the card, like how you have angled the sentiment and framing!

Christine Alexander said...

Leslie, I love the simplicity of the design and the wonderful ombre effect :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hi there Leslie: What a beautiful card, love the pattern on your Ombre sponged panel, which is a perfect background for your lovely die cut hearts, the sentiment is absolutely true, LOVE is what heals a broken heart.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs.

Vicki said...

This is gorgeous, Leslie! Love the ombre color design and the die cut hearts. The sentiment is just beautiful! Another lovely card as always!

Barbara said...

You were really thinking out of the box and this one Leslie. I love how you made your own background paper. It’s lovely!

pam said...

Gorgeous card Leslie, love the background and wonderful dies cuts.
Pam x

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card I love the stitched hearts and sentiment-but the stamped background is beautiful and love how it fades out too
carol x

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

This is such a pretty card! Very crisp and clean! I love the double hearts especially with the stamped background! As I'm into sentiments, I love this one! Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card and verse...hugs, Lori m
Littlemscraftedmind.blogspot.com

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such a crisp and beautiful card! Love the layout and the colors, so very pretty Leslie.

laurie said...

Love the verse and the pattern you made! Beautiful card and design!

Cindy Beach said...

Wow, Leslie, what a very beautiful sentiment. It's so different and so true. Love the pretty hearts and the way you arranged everything. The blue print background is gorgeous!

Ros Crawford said...

What a beautiful card and I just love the design with that sentiment!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is sweet, the blue hues are darling as is the heart layers.

Pam Sparks said...

Great take on the challenge and yes... love CAS! Love your card!