Friday, March 8, 2024

Split Front Card with Birds

Hi there!  Before I get too far ahead of myself I'd like to share the second split front card I made.  This time I reached far back into the paper cabinet and pulled out an oldie with a vintage vibe.  It's 7 Gypsies Conservatory and surprisingly thin paper for being double sided.  However, it works out nicely for layering.



I sponged Cocoa ink on the edges of the panels to enhance the vintage look.  The birds were cut from one of the 6x6 sheets.  Before I cut them I glued the sheet to cardstock to give it more substance.  After cutting I heat embossed the birds with clear powder.  It's a simple thing that makes them a little more special.



Inside is another bird and a bit of snipped off branch.



I'm experiencing renewed interest in actually using my designer papers.  Is it possible I could reduce the vastness of The Hoard?  Maybe just a little bit.

Have a beautiful day!


Paper:  7 Gypsies Conservatory designer paper, grocer's kraft, Neenah 110 lb white for die cut leaves  Ink:  SU Old Olive and Close to Cocoa, Versamark for birds  Other:  Poppystamps Freida Leaf, Creative Expressions Stacked Just Because, clear embossing powder for birds, Scotch brand foam mounting tape

17 comments:

Glenda said...

Be still my heart! I love, love, love those sweet birds! Your card is absolutely gorgeous my friend!

Yogi said...

Nice paper. Beautifully put together. Have a great day

Barbara said...

I love you these little tricks that you pass on to make cards look special! Rn ice hob on the birds and making an over all antique look on your card.

HilaryJane said...

This is beautiful. i love the vintage feel. Great idea to heat emboss the birds xx

Darlene said...

WOW what an awesome design! Love your oldie but goodie 7 Gypsy paper and what a great idea to glue it to a heavier sheet of card stock for stability ... great thinking ... I'll have to remember that trick! LOVE this card inside & out! Beautiful inspiration my friend! Thanks

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, I am so happy you've used and shared this gorgeous paper - what a brilliant thing to do to give that thinner paper a little 'oomph!' Your fussy cutting skills are showing, and this tiny floral is amazing and beautiful, too!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Lesley! Love this design!

Bonnie said...

Such beautiful paper, Leslie! I don't know that I could cut into it. And those little birds are so special! Love the split front using coordinating paper and the inside is just as special!

Marcia Hill said...

Ohhhhhh Leslie...this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I love the vintage vibe you gave this card and that split design adds so much to the card!! And of course those birdies just couldn't be any sweeter!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

I am loving your split front cards Leslie. You have a beautiful stash of patterned papers that look amazing with all the details you add to the card. Very inspiring, my friend. xx

Denise said...

I love what you've done with that beautiful paper. The vintage look is perfect.

Pauline said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Leslie! I too have this paper in my stash! Love how you brought the vintage vibe to your card. You are so good at fussy cutting! Love everything about your card. Great way to use up the 'thinner' papers. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day!

Cat Craig said...

My browser is showing broken links for the first twophotos...but I do like the inside and your description.

Cindy Beach said...

Yes, please do bring out those lovely papers! The split front cards you've made are stunning! You just know I love this one with the vintage, yellow and sweet birds! You did amazing cutting! I"m glad for the tip of the clear embossing to add bulk. A fabulous start to my day, you've made me smile and gasp with this one!

Ida said...

Wow! - This is just beautiful. So the birds were part of the dp...how cool is that.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a great technique! I love what you did with the adorable birds. You fussy cut so well. My hands don't like me to do that anymore! LOL! Great idea to emboss them with the clear powder. I have this technique on my list to make. So beautiful! Have a great weekend!

Conniecrafter said...

I can so see why you were hoarding these gorgeous papers, it really shows them off nice with this design, I have this in my list of ones to do, I so love how you brought the birds into the design, you did a fantastic job cutting them out and the embossing is a wonderful touch with them. I like how you carried them inside too! So Lovely!