Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Double Easter Bunnies

Hello again, friends!  Today's Easter bunnies are one of the Inky Antics stamp sets I recently purchased when I found their website.  I'm drawn to the Jane Miller designs as there's just something about her style with the critters.  Wherever Jane Miller is or was, I hope she knows she brought me and I'm sure many others a whole lot of smiles.

This set is called Carrot Bunny.  It has a Happy Easter sentiment with it, but it's not strictly an Easter set.  I used dies and an embossing folder to pretty up the scene.  I do love a splash of color on white.

Coloring was done with Copics on Fabriano Artistico Extra White 140 lb hot press watercolor paper.



There is not so much white in the next card, below.  It was a hot mess for a while.  Let's not go there.  I like everything about it, but the patterned paper background is too busy under the big sentiment and I keep picturing it on white and know I'd like it much better.  I love the bunny and think he'd be just as cute on a "thinking of you" card.



The frame on both cards was created by nesting Spellbinders Fluted Classic Rectangles, the grass is Impression Obsession, and the big sentiment, eggs, and flowers are a new-to-me Cottage Cutz die set called Happy Easter Phrase.  Oh, and the embossing folder is Spellbinders Floral Background.

There are some challenges I'd like to share in today:

Can You Handle the Pressure (use an embossing folder)-- Sending my first card there because it has the dry embossed background, but I did not use the optional twist of bling.
Word Power #3 (focus on the sentiment) -- Sending the second card there.  I hesitated because my eyes go straight to the bunny as the focal point, but there is that big sentiment which I had intended to use for this challenge.  It's fun to play along at any rate.
NBUS #60 (never before used schtuff) -- The bunny stamp set and the Cottage Cutz die set are both being used for the first time.


  





Thank you for coming to visit today.  I'll keep working on Easter cards, even if I don't manage to get them all sent out this year.  No pressure.  Just for fun.  Have a beautiful day!




24 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I am glad to hear that you are not pressuring yourself to get Easter cards made and sent. These are 2 great cards. Like you I think I prefer the first one, but there is nothing wrong with the second. the little bunny leaning over the frame gives it a real charm. It is nice just to enjoy the process. Thanks for sharing them xx

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh, how stinkin cute are those bunnies...no I have to go looking. YOur cards are fabulous.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, your cards are so stinkin' CUTE. I LOVE those bunnies, they just make me smile. Lots of wonderful work here, thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure. I hope we see you back again soon!
Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer

Yogi said...

both are really cute. Nicely done.Have a great day

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness gracious, those bunnies are as cute as they can be! I'm smitten with the little fella holding onto that big ol' carrot! Two delightful cards, Leslie!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh Leslie...both bunnies are absolutely ADORABLE and have totally made me SMILE!! Now I'm afraid I might have to go shopping too! Oh well, it's all for fun, right? RIGHT?? Sweet, sweet cards my friend...I love them both!! Hugs. :0)

Christine Alexander said...

Two wonderful cards, I just love those adorable bunnies especially the one with the humongous carrot - what a great sentiment :)

Sue from Oregon said...


I love Inky Antics stamps and have these as well as the super cute doggie stamps too. Loving these sweet bunny cards. I just got out my IA stamps too, but not sure where the time will come from to stamp them! Your designs are perfect...and love your new SBinders die base too!

Loll said...

Two fun Easter cards Leslie. I agree, Jane Miller is bringing smiles with her sweet bunny images. xx

aussie aNNie said...

This is just gorgeous love the whole designs here and a real inspiration x

Glenda said...

I just love this cute little bunny! My favorite card is the white one and I am loving the rectangle die! Just an adorable Easter Card!

Diane said...

The bunnies are so adorably CUTE, the one holding the carrot made me laugh he is so fun, but I truly adore both cards!! Fabulously fun designs, you have some great 'stuff' to create with! Thanks too for joining our challenges at Can You Handle The Pressure and Word Power!!

Darnell said...

That carrot is a real standout in the NBUS gallery, Leslie! Your coloring of it and everything else is so professional and I love your layering! This card has everything, so it's definitely being pinned to I.D.E.A.S.! I love your second design, too, and agree with you about that adorable bunny on a TOY card. I also agree with you about Jane Miller! Hugs, Darnell

nancy littrell said...

Adorable rest cards, Leslie:-) We have sure enjoyed your Come to the Forest for here is the rest MUIR....card:-) Thank you so much dear friend:-) Love and Big Hugs...Nancy and Denny

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Rabbits, rabbits everywhere you look are rabbits!! And yours are just so cute! The first one is so cute hugging the carrot with the perfect sentiment and the second one peeking through the frame is adorable. You are right this could be used for other occasions as well! Have a great weekend!

Donna Ellis said...

Cute as can be in traditional Leslie-style cuteness! So fun, my friend! xx

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, I can see why you [and many others I'm sure] were drawn to these bunnies ... something very charming about their expressions! LOve that big ol' carrot and adore the white embossed background and that crimping that always makes me want pie.
Bunnies need somewhere to hide with their eggs - you found just the right flower garden for him!
=]

Darlene said...

O-M-G! These little bunnies are SO SO adorable and yes, certainly brought an instant smile! Of course your perfect coloring has really brought them to life! They have so much character! Well done my friend! Thanks so much for sharing them in our CYHTP & WP challenges! Awesome inspiration for all to see!!

Conniecrafter said...

I know what you mean about the stamps just bringing a smile and it makes you want to squeeze that bunny like it is that carrot :) Love the embossing behing and the egg tucked in the grass!
On the second I do like that flower background it is like he is laying in a field of flowers and like how you have added the extra die cut ones to complete the scene! Both just the cutest!

Pauline said...

Leslie these are both wonderful Easter cards. Love the embossing background on your first card then framed up with the fluted rectangle - so elegant and then the cute added bunny just makes me smile! And they way you snuggled that bunny down in the corner of your second is so sweet. Love them both, well done!

Cynthia M said...

That bunny with the carrot is so PRECIOUS! He did make me smile too! Both are adorable and great coloring and color choices!

Ida said...

So adorable. I like them both but the White background one with all the pops of colors is my favorite. You are way ahead of me as I opted not to do Easter cards this year.

Dotty Jo said...

Adora-bunny cards! Love them both, Jo x

Bonnie said...

What delightful rabbits, Leslie! You are tempting me to shop again. I love the one with the carrot and I'm impressed with your coloring! The little bunny in the corner looks quite smug after delivering his Easter eggs. I can see that you can get a lot of mileage out of these stamps!