Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Double D Challenge: 8th Birthday/Anniversary




Happy new year everyone, and happy birthday/anniversary Double D!  It was 8 years ago this month that Diane and Darlene started this challenge and it's been going strong ever since.

The 8th anniversary is bronze so that's a suggestion, but only a suggestion.  The main theme is birthday or anniversary.  Diane has prepared a beautiful board for inspiration:




Prize is for ONE winner:
Altenew Floral Frame Stamp set & project sheet
Spellbinders Hand Drawn Scallops embossing folder
Scrapbookdotcom Glitter Brush Marker




Everything on my card is metallic, but the closest I could come to bronze was copper.  I have a copper embossed flower from the Lisa Horton Peony Rose Stem embossing folder/die combo.  There's chocolate shimmery metallic cardstock, and a base of pale gold metallic.  Even the sequins are metallic.  It's so much prettier in real life with all the texture and subtle shimmer and shine.





I would like to thank Diane and Darlene for all their efforts in presenting this challenge over the years, plus all the other challenges they're giving us now, too.  Something for everyone!  It has to be a monumental effort and I know we all appreciate it greatly.

Speaking of all those challenges, watch out for yet ANOTHER brand new challenge blog from Darlene and Diane!  Tomorrow, January 4th, starts the first Word Power challenge.  I know!  Is there no stopping these girls?  I think it's going to be fun!

I hope you can join us in our celebration at Double D Have a wonderful day!




26 comments:

Cat Craig said...

love the texture and shimmer.

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous! So rich. So elegant. Just fabulous! That die cut looks AHmazing! Really beautiful from here! Happy New year!

Diane said...

A gorgeous shimmery bronze floral card!! It's a stunner that's for sure! Thank you for being a part of our craziness, we are honored to have you on our design team and as a friend too!!

Birgit said...

What a beautiful card Leslie! The embossing on the bronze/ copper cardstock looks amazing. That flower is gorgeous!!

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... this is absolutely GORGEOUS! Why am I surprised? lol Your cards are always amazing! We are so glad you are a part of DD and can't wait to see what you will have to share (and inspire) with us in 2024! Thanks for sticking with us and being such a good friend!

Barbara said...

A very engaging card with this die cut on bronze. (sure looks like bronze to me) I am loving that black outline behind that main image. It really is classy!

Yogi said...

Beautiful in it's simplicity. Happy Birthday to Double D. Have a great day

crafty-stamper said...

WOW 8yrs and another one tomorrow!Absoutely beautiful card and embossed flowers-don't know about copper looks just like melted chocolate mmm delicious or is that just me lol.
Carol x

Margaret said...

This looks so lovely. I love the shimmer and gloss. Wishing you all a very Happy New Year.

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful card Leslie! I bet the shimmer and shine on this one is FABULOUS in real life! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Happy Birthday Double D!! You celebrated by putting together a beautiful card! I love you rose die. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new challenge will be! Thanks for the info!

Lynette said...

So beautiful. I love those flowers, and of course, the rest of the card, too.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm not sure I would even have an embossing powder that would be good 'stand in' for Bronze - but I'll look!
You have found such a gorgeous copper in your stash - the fact that it is more 'matte' finished helps, Leslie. The fact that it is a GORGEOUS flower die makes me think it's perfect - and beautiful, too!
=]

nancy littrell said...

I can just imagine all the beautiful shine and texture IRL, Leslie. TFS your beauty. It will be fun to see the girls new challenge tomorrow..Wow! Congratulations to their 8th Anniversary too. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Vicki said...

Gorgeous and so elegant! Love that embossed die cut flower arrangement. So much dimension too. Happy New Year to you, your DH and puppy!

Lisa Elton said...

I think your copper worked beautifully, Leslie! What a fabulous card. I'm swooning over the marvelous flower die! Happy New Year!

Cindy Beach said...

How beautiful this is, Leslie! I love the bronze and the shimmer of the gold as well.The flower is gorgeous and there is such rich texture! I love seeing your take on challenges. Glad you got some crafty time today.

aussie aNNie said...

Great project and love seeing your great variety of designs... xx

Christine Alexander said...

wow, stunning card, the copper flower looks amazing

Glenda said...

Leslie, this is stunning! I love that gorgeous flower and all the texture is amazing!

HilaryJane said...

oh dear, I nearly missed this one. So glad I didn't as it is a stunner. Bet it looks even better in real life with all that metallic gorgeousness xx

Judy Woodland said...

Oh wow, what gorgeous blooms you have created here, me dear. This is just a fabulous card. I love its simplicity, it's so elegant and classy.

Bonnie said...

WOW! This is so elegant, Leslie! Love all the metallic with the black!

Conniecrafter said...

Such pretty embossing in the metallic and it looks great against that yellow background, I like your strips along the side.
I honestly don't know how they do all the challenges.

Loll said...

Beautiful and elegant card to help Darlene and Diane celebrate 8 years of the challenge. Another challenge ... wow, D&D are amazing!! xx

Pauline said...

Wow! A stunning piece of artwork! The floral is amazing embossed with copper, and all your coordinating background papers. Love the tones of this, so rich and beautiful. Amazing work Leslie! Happy New Year - looking forward to seeing all your gorgeous artwork this year. Hugs,