Monday, January 8, 2024

Cool Fox

Hello again!  I'm back with another of Diane and Darlene's challenges.  Remember, my goal is to do all of their NINE(!) challenges this month.   Can You Handle the Pressure is one of the Two D's bi-monthly challenges and I'm hoping to do both this month.  I love my embossing folders!

The optional twist this time is "winter".  I always try to do the twist.  This could be just a winter card, but I made it into a Christmas card.  Inside it says, "Enjoy the wonder of it all.  Merry Christmas".  The rush of the Christmas season is a good time to stay cool and enjoy the wonder of it all.



The fox and sentiment are from a 2020 Power Poppy clear set.  The inside sentiment (sorry, not photographed) is from another Power Poppy set.  Even though Marcella is no longer making stamps I continue to enjoy my Power Poppy often.  The digis and a few of the stamp sets are still available in the Power Poppy Shop.

Coloring was done with Copics.  Most important to this challenge is the Snowfall embossing folder.

Many thanks to Diane and Darlene for this fun challenge that helped me get a start on my 2024 Christmas cards so I can "stay cool and enjoy the wonder of it all"!

Can You Handle the Pressure with optional twist of winter.



I'm glad we could visit today.  Take care and we'll do this again soon!



Stamps:  Power Poppy Forest Fellas  Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 80# & 110 lb  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black  Coloring:  Copics  Other:  Stickles Stardust glitter glue, Tim Holtz Sizzix Snowfall embossing folder, Impression Obsession Tree Landscape Layers and Small Snowflake Set

25 comments:

Carol L said...

Congrats on challenging yourself to keep up with all nine challenges this month! This cute little fox looks right at home in his cute little ski sweater and skis. I love the little trees in the background along with those fun snowflakes. Cute card!

Yogi said...

arg winter. We're in frigid weather system for a good week to 10 days.
Cute fox and he's all warm and snugly. Have a great day

Conniecrafter said...

That is too cute, I don't remember this image from her stamps, like the sentiment with him and the layers of snow, so fun.
I forgot to add my card today to this challenge, glad I saw this on your post :)

Glenda said...

I have been really enjoying Darlene and Diane's challenges myself. They seem to just keep me interested these days and motivated to make a card. Don't want to get too rusty...I do love your card! That little fox is just the cutest and I really like that embossing folder. Hope you are doing well!

Birgit said...

Your fox on skis is the epitome of cool. This is delightful!

LeAnne said...

This is just adorable! Your coloring is stunning, especially against that snowy background! Love it!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done, Leslie. I love the textures and the colors and the layers.

Margaret said...

So cute. I love the background and your cute image. I'm sorry to hear that there won't be any new Power Poppy. I love her stamps and have collected a few of them that I love to use.

Marcia Hill said...

That fox on his ski's is absolutely adorable and colored beautifully too Leslie! I'm loving how much he POPS against all the lovely and embossed white snow background! Sweet, sweet card my friend and YAY for starting on this years Christmas cards already!! You go girl!! Hugs. :0)

Lynette said...

What a darling little fox and a great card! I love all the layers you've used.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Your fox is so cute all dressed up for winter and having a cool time! We have a few foxes that visit our yard and they are so beautiful. You are definitely going to keep busy with all these challenges!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Leslie! I AM enjoying the wonder of your darling fox in his gorgeous Winter surroundings! Who knew fox liked to snowboard?? So cute in his boots!
=]

crafty-stamper said...

Love the embossing golder and cute little fox in his warm sweater.Not sure of the stay cool it is absolutely freezing here but thankfully no snow yet!!!
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

A fox on skis, who would have thought? He does look warm and cosy in his jumper as it is clearly very cold with all that snow. Great card. Keep up the good work with those challenges xx

Pauline said...

Leslie, good for you on pushing yourself to complete the 9 challenges this month! Your fox is so adorable on those ski's. So fun! and of course always wowed by your coloring. Love the snow falling embossing folder!

Evelyn S. said...

That's a foxy fox, Leslie! As always, it's beautifully colored. The arrangement with the embossing folder is perfect, too. (You are really started on Christmas cards? I struggled late with mine this past year and started questioning my decisions.) It's another darling card, Leslie.

Bonnie said...

Such a cute fox that makes a fantastic Christmas card, Leslie! Love the embossed snowfall!

Christine Alexander said...

that fox is super cute, he's having a great time on his skis :)

nancy littrell said...

Love your snowy dry embossed background for your Adorable and beautifully colored with Copics Winter fox:-) Awesome to get started on your 2024 Christmas stash too, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy...I think we are into Winter Weather..we were without power from 4 a.m. until 2 p.m. today because of a Big Fir tree that fell across the power lines on Coos River Hwy about 2 miles down river from our place:-) I did manage a 2 mile walk right after the power came back on...it has been a laid back Winter day:-) Love and Hugs to you and all the family!

Vickie Y said...

Cute image and card! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

aussie aNNie said...

Great style and perfectly designed, gorgeous in colour combo as well x

Diane said...

What an adorably cute little fox on his skis, such a cute scene!! We have a resident fox I see every now and then coming out of the woods and running along the creek, haven't seen him in a sweater or on skis yet, haha, looks like our scene her today, VERY snowy!! Thank you for joining us at our CYHTP challenge too!!

aussie aNNie said...

Super lovely designed card and loving the colours you have used, just beautiful xx

laurie said...

So cute and fitting in this cold weather....brrrr!

Pam Sparks said...

So cute and fun Leslie! What a great challenge for yourself...doing all nine challenges! D and D are so amazing! Well you are too! Thankful for cardmakers to inspire me! :)