Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Sunflowers for August Guest Designing with Triple B Challenge

 


Hi all!  I have the honor of playing along as a guest designer in the Triple B Challenge this month.




This challenge requires either blooms, birds, or butterflies, or you can do all three at once.  There is always an inspiration board, but that's just it -- inspiration.  You are not required to use it.  I could not resist these glorious sunflowers.



I've done no fancy coloring today.  Rather, I simply used this stamp as though I was a kid with a coloring book and I enjoyed every minute of it.  Stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on white shimmer cardstock, clear embossed, and colored with Copics.  All I had to do was stay in the lines.



It's one of those cards you have to see up close and personal.




The Stained Glass Sunflower by Whimsy Stamps is a few years old, but its charm is undiminished.

Come visit at Triple B.  I always love seeing the team's samples and the team would love to see yours.  You have lots of options and all month to play.  Very fun!

Take care, friends.  I'll be back when time allows.




Stamps:  Whimsy Stamps Stained Glass Sunflower, Memory Box Big and Little Reverse Words  Paper:  White metallic shimmer cardstock, SU Daffodil Delight & Really Rust  Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark  Coloring:  Copics  Other:  Detail clear & detail black embossing powder, SU Subtle 3D embossing folder on card base


21 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Congratulations on being the Guest Designer...your Gorgeous Copics colored stain glass sunflowers image is absolutely Stunning, Leslie. I hope I get to see IRL:-)
I would love to play along...sure have been busy..picking a few string beans tomorrow for our 1st picking..eating yummy yellow zucchini everyday and made a chocolate zucchini cake today:-) Love this time of year..yes, I will be sharing when everything is producing too much!!! Love and Hugs..Nancy

Glenda said...

This is just gorgeous! I do love sunflowers and your flowers are so beautiful! Another stunning creation my friend and congratulations on being the guest designer for Triple B!

Margaret said...

Wow! This is so beautiful. The shimmer really comes through and makes it really stunning. No need for any embellishments. Congrats on the guest designer spot. Easy to see why.

Yogi said...

Way to go Leslie. You deserve the recognition. Your card is lovely and love the close up image. The texture is fabulous. Have a great day.

Cat Craig said...

Congratulations on the GD spot. YOu have chosen a fabulous stamp. Gorgeous.

Donna Ellis said...

Pure gorgeousness, Leslie! I had not considered Copics on shimmer paper! Thanks for the inspiration! xx

crafty-stamper said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer-fabulous embossed stamp and beautiful colouring-as soon as I saw it I thought it looked like a stained glass window-beautiful
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

Many congrats on your guest designer slot and what a stunner. I just love the bold colours and stained glass look. More please xx

Bonnie said...

You stayed in the lines beautifully, Leslie! Love all this bright, sparkly goodness!

Marcia Hill said...

FABULOUS coloring Leslie and it really does look like stained glass...love it!! And congrats on your GD spot...well deserved!! Hugs. 😊

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on guesting, Leslie! This is a stained glass work of art, I love the way you "kid" colored it LOL! That's always been one of my favorite things to do, ever since I was a little girl. I love it when our granddaughter is here and gets out her coloring books for us to color together! Pretty, pretty card!

I Card Everyone said...

Leslie, you've done more than 'stay in the lines...' you've created a piece of art! I'm quite sure Mr. Van Gogh would love it!
'Tis the season of Sunflowers - perfect inspiration!
=]

Diane said...

A gorgeous stained glass card, a beautiful mix of the colors too! Can you believe we have a sunflower stained glass panel on either side of our front door, reminds me of that so you have to know I love it!!

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Congratulations on being a guest designer! I love the card that you created. Sunflowers are so beautiful especially this time of the year. Your card looks like a kaleidoscope to me. Love how you colored it!

Conniecrafter said...

They picked a great person to ask to guest design, this is gorgeous, I love stained glass, and coloring on that shimmer cardstock gave it that extra special touch to it, Beautiful!

Evelyn S. said...

Oh my word, Leslie! That is the most beautiful stained glass image. I can only imagine the time it took to color all those details! It's a beautiful choice of stamps and you have "done it proud" for certain.

Joan B said...

love all the color!! and the shine. gorgeous

Pauline said...

Congrats on being a guest designer for Triple B. Leslie, this is so beautiful! Your colouring is done to perfection, and love all that shimmer. A beautiful stained glass piece of art. Thank you for sharing!

Ida said...

Stunning. Reminds me of a stained glass window.

Lynette said...

What a great stained glass-looking sunflowers stamp! I like the way your simply colored it, too.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful stained glass effect :) and Congrats on being Guest Designer xx