Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Peace and Joy

Hello friends!  I've been a tad busy since my last post -- working in the yard and garden, plus making a set of cards for a friend (not sure I'll post them) -- but I also made two Christmas cards because you know how time flies and I'm not even close to having my cards done.

Today's cards represent two of the Cottage Cutz sets I picked up in their Christmas in July sale.  New to me, but not new to Cottage Cutz.  I had a little help from Memory Box and Poppystamps for the snowflake corner and the landscape.  Some gorgeous Mintay Bokeh Backgrounds paper made the wintry sky.



The silver glitter sentiment and snowflakes on the first card are a Cottage Cutz set simply called Peace on Earth.  The snowman comes with the set I used on the next card, below.  Just imagine replacing the wreath with the snowman.  Cute!  It's called Joyful Snowman.  I really need to make another.  Love all that Christmas red and the strip of holly paper.  The white card base is shimmery and I added red Stickles glitter glue to the berries.  The holly corner is an old Cheery Lynn die.



That's probably enough fun for one day!

I'm hurrying to play along in the Peace On Earth challenge which I had in mind when I made the first card.  I don't have a barn, but I do have a snowy scene.

My Cottage Cutz dies are fresh out of the package, so I'm also heading over to Darnell's NBUS Challenge #53.


 


I enjoyed our visit today.  Thanks for stopping by!


Paper:  Shimmer white (2nd card), Neenah Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White, silver glitter cardstock, Mintay Basic Book II Backgrounds - Bokeh, scrap Christmas paper  Coloring:  Copics  Dies:  Cottage Cutz Peace on Earth and Joyful Snowman, Memory Box Frostyville Corner, Poppystamps Stitched Landscapes, Cheery Lynn Holly Corner  Other:  Stickles Stardust and Xmas Red glitter glue

25 comments:

pam said...

Aw Beautiful Christmas cards Leslie, love your snowman
Hugs Pam x

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Great Christmas cards. Love the snowman! When I think if snow I think of Snowmen! Great dies. They go perfect with the cards!

Yogi said...

Pretty. And I can't believe Friday is September already. I'm just so not in to Xmas... Have a great day

Lisa Elton said...

Two lovely Christmas cards, Leslie! That darling snowman looks like a happy little fella and I love the corner holly. You've reminded me I need to get going on my Christmas cards, I'm so far behind!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards, Leslie. Always fun to use new toys!! That snowman is so adorable, made me smile. Thanks for that! Love, Loll

Denise said...

Can't pick a favorite, love them both. And what the others have said too!

Glenda said...

Two lovely cards my friend. I am slowly getting my Christmas cards finished. It seems no matter how hard I try, I always come up short and I even make a list! Have a great weekend!

Diane said...

Both beautifully created!! A cute and happy snowman all in his winter glory and the JOY is one I've had my eye on for awhile, I am hoping they will be having a labor day sale!!I think the Cottage Cutz dies make such awesome cards with all their fun details, beautifully designed as usual!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

I Card Everyone said...

Two wonderful Christmas cards, Leslie - who needs a barn when they have such a cute snow dude and such a fun snowy scene?? Love the holly paper on your joy-filled second card - and that wreath is a pretty stand-in for that O!
=]

Donna Ellis said...

Pure sweetness and so pretty! xx

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards-love the dies and happy snowman.Thank you for your lovely comments
Carol x

Margaret said...

Your cards are always so gorgeous and you find the greatest dies to use for them. Love these.

HilaryJane said...

These are both brilliant. Love them xx

Susan said...

Two beautiful cards, especially the first one. Love the sky and the beautiful snowy corner die cut. Thank you for joining us at Peace on Earth.

Christine Alexander said...

Two gorgeous Christmas cards, you really bring die cuts to life with your shading ♥

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness you can just see the joy on his face, that snowman is way too cute. I love your paper background so soft with the snowflakes against it and that sentiment is great with it!
Your Joy card is so lovely, I like the puffy look you gave to the letters and that wreath is so pretty, your strip of paper goes perfectly with it, like the touch of the holly with the vine coming down, just beautiful!

Ida said...

Two very beautiful cards. You are way ahead of the game on Christmas cards then I am (haven't even started). That snowman card is fun and elegant. I'm partial to the 2nd card just a tad more.

Lynette said...

The first card is very pretty and the snowman is so cute, but I'm drawn to the wonderful Christmas colors and the "JOY" of the second card. I love that card - holly and joy are two of my favorite Christmas things. (Joy is my middle name.)

Bonnie said...

That snowman looks so happy that I can't help but smile back! I think he loves the snowflake corner as much as I do and some more of your wonderful paper to make the snowflakes sparkle. Love that JOY with the wreath and the sweet holly corner! All that red and green is so festive!

Marcia Hill said...

Two awesome Christmas cards Leslie and I just love that adorable little snowman...totally made me smile!! Loving those die cut snowflakes on the first card too! And your JOYful holly card is just as pretty as can be...love the wreath for the "O"!! I'm behind on Christmas cards this year too and really need to get going...thanks for the inspiration!! Hugs. :0)

Cat Craig said...

Love both cards, Leslie. So festive and almost makes me wish for winter.

laurie said...

Oh I love them both! Makes me want to make some Christmas cards!

Pauline said...

Oh my, love both of your cards Leslie! The little snowman is just the cutest! Love how subtle everything is on your first card, really makes the snowman pop! For your Joy card, love the "JOY" just pops, and the gorgeous holly strip of paper, is so perfect, love the holly corner on this. Both are amazing cards Leslie, nice to add these to this years Christmas cards. I haven't even started. I just can't get in the groove, haven't done cards in months. I'm hoping to be inspired soon!

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful creative and fabulous design, and the colours really pop. ♥

Cindy Beach said...

Although I keep coming back to view these two lovelies, I am late in letting you know how much I like them! I am loving the perky snowman and I think the dies you've paired him with make him shine! I love the snowflakes, glitter, and gorgeous sentiment. The paper is perfect! Lovely details on the pretty JOY card too. Your designs are always some of my favorites, Leslie! Especially for Christmas.